Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts

Default KitKat 4.4.2 is in the house!

If it hasn't been pushed to your phone, just check for new software and it will pull it. In another terribly named thread a poster say's it's quite large. It is not unless you didn't do the last update. Mine was 13~ MB's!

Knock works better and the phone responds smother/quicker. If anyone notices anything else, please post here?
    Last edited by Sonix; 02-24-2014 at 07:59 AM.

Default Re: KitKat 4.2.2 ia in the house!

Quote Originally Posted by Sonix View Post
    If it hasn't been pushed to your phone, just check for new software and it will pull it. In another terribly named thread a poster say's it's quite large. It is not unless you didn't do the last update. Mine was 13~ MB's!

Knock works better and the phone responds smother/quicker. If anyone notices anything else, please post here?
    Any camera improovents? Better autofocus? 30fps video recording in low light situation?

Thank you
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by darko vranic View Post
    Any camera improovents? Better autofocus? 30fps video recording in low light situation?

Thank you
    Have no idea, why not try yourself? I don't use the camera.

I got the 4.4.2. Kit Kat yesterday on my LG G2. They didn't push it my phone I had to go in and check for update.. the actual kit Kat update is 673 MB

Sent from my LG-D800 using AC Forums mobile app

Have no idea, why not try yourself? I don't use the camera.

I have a D802 version, so I can not test it, so I asked
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts

I have a D802 version, so I can not test it, so I asked
    Too bad, so sad, but to be sure someone else will chime in.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flank32 View Post
    I got the 4.4.2. Kit Kat yesterday on my LG G2. They didn't push it my phone I had to go in and check for update.. the actual kit Kat update is 673 MB

At first mine did too, but it corrected itself. The whole d/l 2 boot process took less than 5 minutes for me.

Thank you
    I just took a few pics. It seemed to autofocus a lot quicker and the pics look great. Idk about video.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NEDNERBISH View Post
    I just took a few pics. It seemed to autofocus a lot quicker and the pics look great. Idk about video.

Thank you very much how they behave fps in low light conditions?

Thank you very much how they behave fps in low light conditions?
    Just tried video it was set on 30 fps but there was an option for 60fps also. I'm in living room with a dim light on. I pointed it at the light then too the darker areas and it too about 1-2 seconds to fully get super crisp. The phone as a whole seems much snappier. Texting and all.

Email is do much smoother. It had been getting klunky lately. Pretty nice little update. Pretty nice.

I got mine this morning! Battery seems even better!
    Blackberry Storm 1> Blackberry Storm 2> Samsung Mesmerize>Motorola Electrify>AT&T SG3>AT&T SG4> AT&T Optimus G Pro>AT&T LG G2
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by oldschoolsig View Post
    Email is do much smoother. It had been getting klunky lately. Pretty nice little update. Pretty nice.

cool. you mean Gmail or the native one?

Quote Originally Posted by pblakk View Post
    cool. you mean Gmail or the native one?

Native email..... Had been very laggy, and now it zips

Default Re: KitKat 4.2.2 is in the house!

Mine was 600+ MB and I DID do the last update.

Knock is definitely a little more reliable. Have to see if the battery is any better. Also have to look out for any ART issues.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by npaladin-2000 View Post
    Mine was 600+ MB and I DID do the last update.

Knock is definitely a little more reliable. Have to see if the battery is any better. Also have to look out for any ART issues.
    I'm just now appreciating how well knock off works, before it was rather difficult and now it's easy to make the notification bar light up and put the phone in standby.

I have the D802 so I have to wait a little bit more to receive it. I can't wait

Trimis de pe G2

Global Posts
    143 Global Posts

Saw this and updated my phone. What I've noticed is that its smoother, the images on the top like the batter and wifi appear different to me. Only other 2 things I've notice but I haven't used my phone a lot is that the camera is better in dark areas and there is an option about full screen on apps. I've only been on snapchat and clash of clans.

any camera test video in low light conditions?

The one minor annoyance I've found that hasn't resolved itself yet is that the caller ID screen is quite slow to show up via the window of my G2 QuickView case. The case use to activate the caller ID screen the second the phone rang. Now it won't light up until at least 2 rings. I'm hoping this gets fixed soon.

There was an update about a week ago that was anywhere from ~15MB to ~50MB. The actual Kit Kat update was much larger at ~600MB. There is absolutely NO way Kit Kat could be around ~13MB. It's impossible.

ROM
    SGS3-4.1.2

Is anyone having problems with the auto-brightness and baseline settings? I have mine on 60% baseline and auto, and after 4.4 it seems that it does not change at all anymore. Also when I move the slider its the same brightness regardless if its on 0 or 100%.

One other issue I noticed is that BT streaming seems to be acting up no matter what player I use. The music plays via my Kenwood car receiver, and I can FF/REW fine, but the song title etc won't display correctly. If say I'm playing "Old time rock and rock" by Bob Segar, that title will show, but if I hit FF or the song ends and a new song comes on, the display stays locked on the "Old time rock and roll" title. Rocket Player used to work perfectly, but even it's getting hung up. None of the other major music players has worked when I tried them last night.

Not a huge deal, but still would be nice to see it work correctly.

Well...I let the phone look for the update. It said there was one....I clicked on it and now it just says "continue update". When I click on that, nothing happens.

Interesting. What should happen is you'll see the download icon in the notification bar. After the file is downloaded, it should ask if you want to continue or postpone. If you continue, it will reboot into a flash mode and install the update.

(Sorry if you knew all this.)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast