Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 44
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Sonix's Avatar

    Posts
    108 Posts
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts

    Default KitKat 4.4.2 is in the house!

    If it hasn't been pushed to your phone, just check for new software and it will pull it. In another terribly named thread a poster say's it's quite large. It is not unless you didn't do the last update. Mine was 13~ MB's!

    Knock works better and the phone responds smother/quicker. If anyone notices anything else, please post here?
    Last edited by Sonix; 02-24-2014 at 07:59 AM.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: KitKat 4.2.2 ia in the house!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sonix View Post
    If it hasn't been pushed to your phone, just check for new software and it will pull it. In another terribly named thread a poster say's it's quite large. It is not unless you didn't do the last update. Mine was 13~ MB's!

    Knock works better and the phone responds smother/quicker. If anyone notices anything else, please post here?
    Any camera improovents? Better autofocus? 30fps video recording in low light situation?

    Thank you
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    Sonix's Avatar

    Posts
    108 Posts
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts

    Default Re: KitKat 4.2.2 ia in the house!

    Quote Originally Posted by darko vranic View Post
    Any camera improovents? Better autofocus? 30fps video recording in low light situation?

    Thank you
    Have no idea, why not try yourself? I don't use the camera.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: KitKat 4.2.2 ia in the house!

    I got the 4.4.2. Kit Kat yesterday on my LG G2. They didn't push it my phone I had to go in and check for update.. the actual kit Kat update is 673 MB

    Sent from my LG-D800 using AC Forums mobile app
  5. #5  

    Default Re: KitKat 4.2.2 ia in the house!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sonix View Post
    Have no idea, why not try yourself? I don't use the camera.

    I have a D802 version, so I can not test it, so I asked
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  
    Sonix's Avatar

    Posts
    108 Posts
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts

    Default Re: KitKat 4.2.2 ia in the house!

    Quote Originally Posted by darko vranic View Post
    I have a D802 version, so I can not test it, so I asked
    Too bad, so sad, but to be sure someone else will chime in.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  
    Sonix's Avatar

    Posts
    108 Posts
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts

    Default Re: KitKat 4.2.2 ia in the house!

    Quote Originally Posted by Flank32 View Post
    I got the 4.4.2. Kit Kat yesterday on my LG G2. They didn't push it my phone I had to go in and check for update.. the actual kit Kat update is 673 MB

    Sent from my LG-D800 using AC Forums mobile app
    At first mine did too, but it corrected itself. The whole d/l 2 boot process took less than 5 minutes for me.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: KitKat 4.2.2 ia in the house!

    Quote Originally Posted by darko vranic View Post
    Any camera improovents? Better autofocus? 30fps video recording in low light situation?

    Thank you
    I just took a few pics. It seemed to autofocus a lot quicker and the pics look great. Idk about video.

    Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
  9. #9  

    Default Re: KitKat 4.2.2 ia in the house!

    Quote Originally Posted by NEDNERBISH View Post
    I just took a few pics. It seemed to autofocus a lot quicker and the pics look great. Idk about video.

    Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
    Thank you very much how they behave fps in low light conditions?
  10. #10  

    Default Re: KitKat 4.2.2 ia in the house!

    Quote Originally Posted by darko vranic View Post
    Thank you very much how they behave fps in low light conditions?
    Just tried video it was set on 30 fps but there was an option for 60fps also. I'm in living room with a dim light on. I pointed it at the light then too the darker areas and it too about 1-2 seconds to fully get super crisp. The phone as a whole seems much snappier. Texting and all.

    Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
  11. #11  

    Default Re: KitKat 4.2.2 ia in the house!

    Email is do much smoother. It had been getting klunky lately. Pretty nice little update. Pretty nice.

    Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
  12. #12  

    Default Re: KitKat 4.2.2 ia in the house!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sonix View Post
    If it hasn't been pushed to your phone, just check for new software and it will pull it. In another terribly named thread a poster say's it's quite large. It is not unless you didn't do the last update. Mine was 13~ MB's!

    Knock works better and the phone responds smother/quicker. If anyone notices anything else, please post here?
    I got mine this morning! Battery seems even better!
    Blackberry Storm 1> Blackberry Storm 2> Samsung Mesmerize>Motorola Electrify>AT&T SG3>AT&T SG4> AT&T Optimus G Pro>AT&T LG G2
    Thanked by:
  13. #13  

    Default Re: KitKat 4.2.2 ia in the house!

    Quote Originally Posted by oldschoolsig View Post
    Email is do much smoother. It had been getting klunky lately. Pretty nice little update. Pretty nice.

    Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
    cool. you mean Gmail or the native one?

    Sent from my LG-D800 using AC Forums mobile app
  14. #14  

    Default Re: KitKat 4.2.2 ia in the house!

    Quote Originally Posted by pblakk View Post
    cool. you mean Gmail or the native one?

    Sent from my LG-D800 using AC Forums mobile app
    Native email..... Had been very laggy, and now it zips

    Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
  15. #15  

    Default Re: KitKat 4.2.2 is in the house!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sonix View Post
    If it hasn't been pushed to your phone, just check for new software and it will pull it. In another terribly named thread a poster say's it's quite large. It is not unless you didn't do the last update. Mine was 13~ MB's!
    Mine was 600+ MB and I DID do the last update.

    Knock is definitely a little more reliable. Have to see if the battery is any better. Also have to look out for any ART issues.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  
    Sonix's Avatar

    Posts
    108 Posts
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts

    Default Re: KitKat 4.2.2 is in the house!

    Quote Originally Posted by npaladin-2000 View Post
    Mine was 600+ MB and I DID do the last update.

    Knock is definitely a little more reliable. Have to see if the battery is any better. Also have to look out for any ART issues.
    I'm just now appreciating how well knock off works, before it was rather difficult and now it's easy to make the notification bar light up and put the phone in standby.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: KitKat 4.2.2 is in the house!

    I have the D802 so I have to wait a little bit more to receive it. I can't wait

    Trimis de pe G2
  18. #18  
    mikeeemm's Avatar

    Posts
    1 Posts
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts

    Default Re: KitKat 4.2.2 is in the house!

    Saw this and updated my phone. What I've noticed is that its smoother, the images on the top like the batter and wifi appear different to me. Only other 2 things I've notice but I haven't used my phone a lot is that the camera is better in dark areas and there is an option about full screen on apps. I've only been on snapchat and clash of clans.
  19. #19  

    Default Re: KitKat 4.2.2 is in the house!

    any camera test video in low light conditions?
  20. #20  

    Default Re: KitKat 4.2.2 is in the house!

    The one minor annoyance I've found that hasn't resolved itself yet is that the caller ID screen is quite slow to show up via the window of my G2 QuickView case. The case use to activate the caller ID screen the second the phone rang. Now it won't light up until at least 2 rings. I'm hoping this gets fixed soon.
  21. #21  

    Default Re: KitKat 4.2.2 is in the house!

    There was an update about a week ago that was anywhere from ~15MB to ~50MB. The actual Kit Kat update was much larger at ~600MB. There is absolutely NO way Kit Kat could be around ~13MB. It's impossible.
  22. #22  
    dhughes's Avatar

    Posts
    59 Posts
    ROM
    SGS3-4.1.2

    Default Re: KitKat 4.2.2 is in the house!

    Is anyone having problems with the auto-brightness and baseline settings? I have mine on 60% baseline and auto, and after 4.4 it seems that it does not change at all anymore. Also when I move the slider its the same brightness regardless if its on 0 or 100%.
  23. #23  

    Default Re: KitKat 4.2.2 is in the house!

    One other issue I noticed is that BT streaming seems to be acting up no matter what player I use. The music plays via my Kenwood car receiver, and I can FF/REW fine, but the song title etc won't display correctly. If say I'm playing "Old time rock and rock" by Bob Segar, that title will show, but if I hit FF or the song ends and a new song comes on, the display stays locked on the "Old time rock and roll" title. Rocket Player used to work perfectly, but even it's getting hung up. None of the other major music players has worked when I tried them last night.

    Not a huge deal, but still would be nice to see it work correctly.
  24. #24  

    Default Re: KitKat 4.2.2 is in the house!

    Well...I let the phone look for the update. It said there was one....I clicked on it and now it just says "continue update". When I click on that, nothing happens.
  25. #25  

    Default Re: KitKat 4.2.2 is in the house!

    Interesting. What should happen is you'll see the download icon in the notification bar. After the file is downloaded, it should ask if you want to continue or postpone. If you continue, it will reboot into a flash mode and install the update.

    (Sorry if you knew all this.)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Tablet with built in GPS
    By gm1mqe in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-03-2014, 03:50 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-01-2014, 01:40 PM
  3. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-01-2014, 10:57 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-27-2014, 09:32 AM
  5. Samsung Quietly Admits There's A Better S5 On The Way
    By PsychDoc in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-26-2014, 03:55 PM

Posting Permissions

B