Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By kkel19
  • 1 Post By SactoKingsFan
  • 1 Post By SactoKingsFan
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default No KitKat update. LG G2 device is up to date?!

I just wiped my whole phone so I can unroot and upgrade to kitkat. I got the 50mb update, now its saying its up to date now, and I cant clear software update data for me to update again. No kitkat update..whats going on?
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-05-2014 at 09:28 AM.

Global Posts
    8,891 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by kkel19 View Post
    I just wiped my whole phone so I can unroot and upgrade to kitkat. I got the 50mb update, now its saying its up to date now, and I cant clear software update data for me to update again. No kitkat update..whats going on?
    It's not available to every person in the world at the exact same time. It should be pushed to your phone soon, though

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Default Re: No kitkat update. LGG2 device is up to date?!

I would imagine this is a gradual roll-out. It may not be available to you immediately.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Aghhjjjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhjdddm
    Illustrator Joe likes this.

I got the same message. I even called AT&T and asked them to push me the update but they said they could not connect to my phone. Sad Panda.

Sent from my LG-D800 using AC Forums mobile app

At least we don't have the Verizon G2. No telling when they'll end up getting KitKat.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by bwhick7492 View Post
    I got the same message. I even called AT&T and asked them to push me the update but they said they could not connect to my phone. Sad Panda.

Sent from my LG-D800 using AC Forums mobile app
    Don't call. Use support chat. They'll push it for you.

Posted via Android Central App using an LG G2.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by kkel19 View Post
    Aghhjjjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhjdddm
    Best response ever.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by SactoKingsFan View Post
    At least we don't have the Verizon G2. No telling when they'll end up getting KitKat.
    This is just a mean thing to say to somebody like me sitting here holding a Verizon G2. We at least need hope that it will pop out any day now.

Love my G2. Best free phone ever.

Quote Originally Posted by engineerga View Post
    This is just a mean thing to say to somebody like me sitting here holding a Verizon G2. We at least need hope that it will pop out any day now.

Love my G2. Best free phone ever.
    You still have a great phone and the update doesn't really add that much to the G2. So far I've noticed the phone is a bit faster, knock on/off works every time, white status bar icons, more quick toggle options, and additional settings (cloud print, color adjustment, captions).

Quote Originally Posted by SactoKingsFan View Post
    You still have a great phone and the update doesn't really add that much to the G2. So far I've noticed the phone is a bit faster, knock on/off works every time, white status bar icons, more quick toggle options, and additional settings (cloud print, color adjustment, captions).
    One of my favorite Kit Kat additions is the power saving gps mode. But as you said the user experience overall isn't that different. Still waiting patiently for at&t to push to my phone.

ಠ益ಠ
    ಠ益ಠ

Quote Originally Posted by Illustrator Joe View Post
    One of my favorite Kit Kat additions is the power saving gps mode. But as you said the user experience overall isn't that different. Still waiting patiently for at&t to push to my phone.

ಠ益ಠ
    The improved camera is also nice. It's faster and takes better pics in low light settings.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

So it's out already? I heard it was only out for T-Mobile, but I guess that was wrong. I've got Sprint, and I haven't seen anything yet.

Default Re: No KitKat update. LG G2 device is up to date?!

I had a similar issue. The first 15-50 ish MB update was to get the phone ready for kitkat. You then need to wait 24 hours to be able to check AT&T servers to get the real 654-ish MB kitkat update. During that time when you check the phone it'll say that it's up to date and you can check again later. It's annoying but you'll get it soon enough!