Textra Text Messaging & Lock Screen Notifications

tanzanite000

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi. I am considering getting the LG G2, but it seems I can only do group messaging on the same thread (like on iPhones) by using a third party app. I've heard Textra is a pretty good option. However, Textra doesn't have lock screen notifications in which you can see the names of the individuals that sent you a text message. This is very useful for me because I can quickly determine if I need to reply to the text message immediately or if it can wait.

I am new to Android, but I think one can get a lock screen app that would allow you to see more detailed notifications of Textra text messages on the lock screen. Can someone suggest one such app to me, and tell me what is actually seen in the lock screen when you get a Textra text message (i.e. is it the name of the sender, or is it the name of the sender and a snippet of the message, etc.)

I really appreciate the help!

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if the stock message app has lock screen notifications but just found out after updating my G2 to kitkat that a new feature in the update was that group messaging was now working on the stock app. i gave it a try but ended up going back to textra for the overall feel of it.

if the stock app doesnt have notification at lock screen then there are 3rd party apps that will add that feature. i forgot the name of the app.

Hi. I am considering getting the LG G2, but it seems I can only do group messaging on the same thread (like on iPhones) by using a third party app. I've heard Textra is a pretty good option. However, Textra doesn't have lock screen notifications in which you can see the names of the individuals that sent you a text message. This is very useful for me because I can quickly determine if I need to reply to the text message immediately or if it can wait.

I am new to Android, but I think one can get a lock screen app that would allow you to see more detailed notifications of Textra text messages on the lock screen. Can someone suggest one such app to me, and tell me what is actually seen in the lock screen when you get a Textra text message (i.e. is it the name of the sender, or is it the name of the sender and a snippet of the message, etc.)

I really appreciate the help!