AT&T LG G2: A few questions before I switch

conan1071

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
Looking to switch from verizon to att. How is the LG G2 with reception and signal even in remote areas?

Last edited by a moderator:

ScottsoNJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Re: A few questions before I switch

I'm at the Jersey shore and never have any reception problems. I'm on Straight Talk AT&T

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site

Haven't had any issues with the G2. Went camping at Joshua Tree and was still able to make and receive calls.

Sent from my LG-G2 running CM 11

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

If you are looking for signal information at a very specific location, use apps like sensorly or root metrics

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site

Were you able to use data?

Yeah I was able to use data (mostly 3G). I also got voice and data in Cleveland National Forest when most of my friends had neither. You should check AT&T coverage maps to make sure you won't have any issues.

Sent from my LG-G2 running CM 11

Illustrator Joe

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
I when travelled a lot recently from Michigan to Florida. I have yet to find a place where I had no signal (besides the center of my local grocery store) and I have yet to drop a call.
I have a at&t LG g2.
ಠ益ಠ

oldschoolsig

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site

Through the years,I only recall having issues in Charlotte nc. Here in Texas,AT&T is strong.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

craZDude

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the Bay area (mostly East bay, but also SF) and have had excellent service everywhere with my AT&T G2

Posted via Android Central App

RicKaysen

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Signal strength obviously depends on location and either carrier will have issues in one place and not in another. Having said that, I was having major problems with reception in my apartment when with Verizon. I had, consistently, zero signal and wasn't even able to make emergency calls. Building construction plays a part, but I object to having to walk outside in the rain to make phone calls. When I went camping with friends in the Poconos last Summer, I had no signal, yet others with AT&T phones had no problem. That's when I decided to jump ship...even gave up my grandfathered unlimited data to do so.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12