Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By orangeman
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

Default New G2 comes with KitKat

I just bought a G2 from an AT&T store and was shocked to have 4.4.2 pre-installed. I had the impression this was essentially a forgotten phone by AT&T.

I automatically went to initiate the software updates and was stunned to see that no updates were available.

I thought this might be of interest to some people and just wanted let people know about this.
    Thanked by:
    mozman 
    Relletti likes this.

Global Posts
    10,677 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: New G2 comes with KitKat

Quote Originally Posted by orangeman View Post
    I just bought a G2 from an AT&T store and was shocked to have 4.4.2 pre-installed. I had the impression this was essentially a forgotten phone by AT&T.

I automatically went to initiate the software updates and was stunned to see that no updates were available.

I thought this might be of interest to some people and just wanted let people know about this.
    Awesome, thanks for the heads-up!

How is the phone functioning?

IM wondering if the preloaded versions have the same, less or no issues versus those that did an OTA to KK.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by erwaso View Post
    How is the phone functioning?

IM wondering if the preloaded versions have the same, less or no issues versus those that did an OTA to KK.
    For me, I think it is perfect, and I am very particular and do usually find faults with phones but this one doesn't have a single problem in daily use.

If you have specific questions about problem areas that occurred after the KK update, I'll be happy to answer or investigate. I didn't closely follow all those issues since I didn't own a G2 at the time so I just glanced at those threads.

For me, I think it is perfect, and I am very particular and do usually find faults with phones but this one doesn't have a single problem in daily use.

If you have specific questions about problem areas that occurred after the KK update, I'll be happy to answer or investigate. I didn't closely follow all those issues since I didn't own a G2 at the time so I just glanced at those threads.

I just got the g2 also pre installed with KK, I think the newly made g2s come with kitkat pre-installed. have you had any issues so far with yours? especially with the display since many complain of the dreadful screen flicker issue with the brightness going crazy? or are those issues usually just with the first release batch of the phone
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

Not one single issue, but I don't use auto brightness so I can't comment on the screen flicker. So far, this has been a completely trouble free phone.

Awesome! I just ordered a G2 and I wasn't sure if it came pre loaded with KK.

Tapatalking

I got mine last Friday and it did not have 4.4 installed. I upgraded, did a factory reset and it's working beautifully.

Posted via Android Central App
    Current Devices:
    OnePlus One
    LG G3 - AT&T
    Motorola Moto X - unlocked GSM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - LTE AT&T
    Apple iPad Mini Retina - 32GB LTE