HELP! Cracked screen, need to remove personal info

MrsHall07

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
I recently dropped my LG G2 & cracked the screen. I have a new one but have to send the old one back. the last backup by Google failed to backup all pics. right when I went to try to backup again, is when I dropped it. I want to transfer all pics, videos, personal info from the old phone to my laptop but can't get my HP laptop to pull up any files on the phone. is there anyway I can transfer all my info before sending it back? also, it's not rooted or anything and I want to transfer all my info to my computer before sending it back to AT&T. any help will be greatly appreciated!!!

Posted via Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Does your computer not recognize your phone or the files just won't copy?

If it isn't recognized, maybe try a different usb cable. Not all usb cables support data transfer

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

MrsHall07

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
my laptop shows the name of my phone but no files at all, even though I know there's tons of pics, vids, etc. I only tried the cable that came with the phone, but will try all the other cables I have first thing in the morning.. but, when I plugged it in with the cable that came with it, my laptop said it was either missing drivers or needs to update em (can't remember, sorry), but when I clicked it on it, it took me to something that looked like I would be charged for. Is there somewhere safe I can download\update (whatever term is supposed to be used, sorry) the driver(s) without being charged or risking the safety of my laptop?

MrsHall07

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
also, this is unrelated to the topic originally posted but I'm curious if I should root my newest LG G2 but when it comes to rooting, I'm a complete newb.. the only benefit I really know about rooting is removing the bloatware.. thanx in advance for any advice or anyone pointing me in the right direction to find the info on this will be greatly appreciated..

P.S. I keep hearing about dropbox, could anyone explain to me what it is. again, thanx in advance!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
also, this is unrelated to the topic originally posted but I'm curious if I should root my newest LG G2 but when it comes to rooting, I'm a complete newb.. the only benefit I really know about rooting is removing the bloatware.. thanx in advance for any advice or anyone pointing me in the right direction to find the info on this will be greatly appreciated..

P.S. I keep hearing about dropbox, could anyone explain to me what it is. again, thanx in advance!

Drop box is a cloud storage site. Other examples would be Box, or Google Drive. It is a site you can upload almost any kind of file. Preferences will vary, but I prefer Drive then Box. Drive cause I am connected to Google anyway, and Box because they offer lots of free space (10 GB ), before you would need to start paying for extra.

As for drivers, LG should have them on their site for free, like VDub suggested.

From a Liquid Nexus 5

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site

I've been using Dropbox for years so I stick with that. I've gotten quite a bit of storage space from them from people using the referral link given to me by Dropbox.