DNS issues??

snipsey2

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Phone = LG G2 (AT&T)
Android Version = 4.4.2

Ever since updating my phone to Kitkat, I have had DNS issues with google over Wifi connections. Whenever I try to connect to "www.google.com" (on Chrome or Firefox), it says that it can't find the DNS server, or simply that the webpage could not be found for google.com. I downloaded Opera Browser for Android, and I can connect to google.com on Opera, but not Chrome or Firefox. This issue persists over all Wifi connections i connect to. This issue only happens when I am on Wifi, not mobile data. Another weird thing is that this issue ONLY happens when I try to connect to google.com... all other webpages that I try work perfectly fine. This is an issue for me as Google is the search engine of choice among my Internet adventures. You would think that my Wifi settings need to be changed since this problem only happens via Wifi not 4G, but it happens on all the 4+ Wifi connections I've connected to. I think the issue is either with Kitkat (since the problem never happened before I updated), or my phone.

Is there a way I can change the DNS settings on my phone? I don't have root access.

Or is there a way I could (un)update to an Android version older than KitKat, so I could try there and see if the problem persists?

ANY info is appreciated! :)

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Phone = LG G2 (AT&T)
Android Version = 4.4.2

Ever since updating my phone to Kitkat, I have had DNS issues with google over Wifi connections. Whenever I try to connect to "www.google.com" (on Chrome or Firefox), it says that it can't find the DNS server, or simply that the webpage could not be found for google.com. I downloaded Opera Browser for Android, and I can connect to google.com on Opera, but not Chrome or Firefox. This issue persists over all Wifi connections i connect to. This issue only happens when I am on Wifi, not mobile data. Another weird thing is that this issue ONLY happens when I try to connect to google.com... all other webpages that I try work perfectly fine. This is an issue for me as Google is the search engine of choice among my Internet adventures. You would think that my Wifi settings need to be changed since this problem only happens via Wifi not 4G, but it happens on all the 4+ Wifi connections I've connected to. I think the issue is either with Kitkat (since the problem never happened before I updated), or my phone.

Is there a way I can change the DNS settings on my phone? I don't have root access.

Or is there a way I could (un)update to an Android version older than KitKat, so I could try there and see if the problem persists?

ANY info is appreciated! :)

Try clearing the data in the settings for each browser to see if that solves the problem.