LG needs to immediately release a fix for KitKat

andog88

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
my phone is now more irritating then an ex girlfriend. I wasnt going to upgrade to 4.4.2 until i finally gave in thinking "what are the chances, maybe mine wont have any of the problems other people do"

I was wrong.

My wifi seems like it lost range and itll disconnect from places I used to have 1-2 bars, the coolest feature and most useful the knock on feature works only after the 6th or 7th try, my screen brightness now seems like it has a light blue tint to it, and the blacks are more dark-grayish now..

im going to wait about a month or so, and if i dont see LG getting quoted on releasing a fix for this, this baby is going straight to Craigslist and I am going back to the amazing and problem-less S4.

anon(826501)

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
my phone is now more irritating then an ex girlfriend. I wasnt going to upgrade to 4.4.2 until i finally gave in thinking "what are the chances, maybe mine wont have any of the problems other people do"

I was wrong.

My wifi seems like it lost range and itll disconnect from places I used to have 1-2 bars, the coolest feature and most useful the knock on feature works only after the 6th or 7th try, my screen brightness now seems like it has a light blue tint to it, and the blacks are more dark-grayish now..

im going to wait about a month or so, and if i dont see LG getting quoted on releasing a fix for this, this baby is going straight to Craigslist and I am going back to the amazing and problem-less S4.

Definitely LG must find a fix for broke G2 after 4.4.2 Kit Kat upgrade before the release of the G3, otherwise we the owner's of broke after Kit Kat G2 will go for other android phone manufacturers.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site

I was wrong.

If you're with AT&T then you are still under the 1 yr warranty. get it exchanged

Sonix

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
I think his girlfriend sabotaged his phone! There is absolutely nothing wrong with mine, the same as about the million of other owners.

pounder001

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
No issues here since the KK update - But I have noticed that I am running a different build number and software version than you are David_Bennett ?
My build number ends in a k not a c
My software version ends in a k and not a c

Might be nothing, not sure but maybe check for any updates?

RicKaysen

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I thought it was just me, but I also noticed the knock on feature is so sporadic now, I stopped using it altogether. Well, anyway, my G2 is on the shelf as a backup since I got the Sony Z2 which, incidentally knocks on flawlessly every time wherever on the screen I tap.

kabelace

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I have had no problems that I have noticed, if anything the knock on is working better now on my phone. Before you had to knock right above the LG logo for it to work all the time now tap it anywhere on the screen and it is working.

pounder001

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Hate to be a "me too" but zero issues with WiFi connectivity, battery life or anything else with my G2 since the KK update

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome