Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By perithimus
  • 2 Post By Sonix
  • 1 Post By OhAlfie
  • 1 Post By kabelace
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default LG needs to immediately release a fix for KitKat

my phone is now more irritating then an ex girlfriend. I wasnt going to upgrade to 4.4.2 until i finally gave in thinking "what are the chances, maybe mine wont have any of the problems other people do"

I was wrong.

My wifi seems like it lost range and itll disconnect from places I used to have 1-2 bars, the coolest feature and most useful the knock on feature works only after the 6th or 7th try, my screen brightness now seems like it has a light blue tint to it, and the blacks are more dark-grayish now..

im going to wait about a month or so, and if i dont see LG getting quoted on releasing a fix for this, this baby is going straight to Craigslist and I am going back to the amazing and problem-less S4.

Default Re: LG needs to immediately release a fix for KitKat

Quote Originally Posted by andog88 View Post
    my phone is now more irritating then an ex girlfriend. I wasnt going to upgrade to 4.4.2 until i finally gave in thinking "what are the chances, maybe mine wont have any of the problems other people do"

I was wrong.

My wifi seems like it lost range and itll disconnect from places I used to have 1-2 bars, the coolest feature and most useful the knock on feature works only after the 6th or 7th try, my screen brightness now seems like it has a light blue tint to it, and the blacks are more dark-grayish now..

im going to wait about a month or so, and if i dont see LG getting quoted on releasing a fix for this, this baby is going straight to Craigslist and I am going back to the amazing and problem-less S4.
    Definitely LG must find a fix for broke G2 after 4.4.2 Kit Kat upgrade before the release of the G3, otherwise we the owner's of broke after Kit Kat G2 will go for other android phone manufacturers.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by andog88 View Post

I was wrong.

If you're with AT&T then you are still under the 1 yr warranty. get it exchanged

Maybe it's only certain people's phones. My phone has no issues since upgrading to kit kat.

Posted via Android Central App
    OhAlfie, Giddle and pounder001 like this.

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts

I think his girlfriend sabotaged his phone! There is absolutely nothing wrong with mine, the same as about the million of other owners.
    tsells and Giddle like this.

Quote Originally Posted by perithimus View Post
    Maybe it's only certain people's phones. My phone has no issues since upgrading to kit kat.

Posted via Android Central App
    Same here. Works perfectly. Even better battery life as well. Two thumbs up from me!
    pounder001 likes this.

Nor mine...no issues whatsoever.

I must agree I am having the same issue as andog88
    ...the knock on feature works only after the 6th or 7th try...
    , this is quite irritating. Software configuration shown below.
    LG needs to immediately release a fix for KitKat-2014-04-15-09.53.33.jpg

Global Posts
    878 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Question Re: LG needs to immediately release a fix for KitKat

No issues here since the KK update - But I have noticed that I am running a different build number and software version than you are David_Bennett ?
    My build number ends in a k not a c
    My software version ends in a k and not a c

Might be nothing, not sure but maybe check for any updates?

I thought it was just me, but I also noticed the knock on feature is so sporadic now, I stopped using it altogether. Well, anyway, my G2 is on the shelf as a backup since I got the Sony Z2 which, incidentally knocks on flawlessly every time wherever on the screen I tap.

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

I have had no problems that I have noticed, if anything the knock on is working better now on my phone. Before you had to knock right above the LG logo for it to work all the time now tap it anywhere on the screen and it is working.
    pounder001 likes this.

Global Posts
    878 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Hate to be a "me too" but zero issues with WiFi connectivity, battery life or anything else with my G2 since the KK update