Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Zacharyw70
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Pleasantly Surprised

I have had several ongoing issues with my Note 3 and had it replaced 3 times with a CLNR. Finally they wanted to give me a G2. Having paid full price for the N3, I was reluctant to feel that I would lose so much, but I had them send one for me to try. I ended up really liking the G2, but I couldn't get over the money aspect so I called and told them to send me the Note 3 again, which they did.

Last Friday I went and bought a brand new G2 and after 1 week I am impressed with the performance, size, feel and battery life. I miss the bigger screen a bit, but it's not that big a deal. The G2 is much more comfortable in my hand. Now I can sell my Note 3 which will cover the price of the G2 and all will be right with the world, lol. I have used Samsung devices since 2011 as my daily phone, while trying others here and there, however I think I'll hold on to this G2. Just thought I would share.
    Current Devices:
    OnePlus One
    LG G3 - AT&T
    Motorola Moto X - unlocked GSM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - LTE AT&T
    Apple iPad Mini Retina - 32GB LTE

Global Posts
    23,144 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimKat

Default Re: Pleasantly Surprised

Quote Originally Posted by jneusch View Post
    I have had several ongoing issues with my Note 3 and had it replaced 3 times with a CLNR. Finally they wanted to give me a G2. Having paid full price for the N3, I was reluctant to feel that I would lose so much, but I had them send one for me to try. I ended up really liking the G2, but I couldn't get over the money aspect so I called and told them to send me the Note 3 again, which they did.

Last Friday I went and bought a brand new G2 and after 1 week I am impressed with the performance, size, feel and battery life. I miss the bigger screen a bit, but it's not that big a deal. The G2 is much more comfortable in my hand. Now I can sell my Note 3 which will cover the price of the G2 and all will be right with the world, lol. I have used Samsung devices since 2011 as my daily phone, while trying others here and there, however I think I'll hold on to this G2. Just thought I would share.
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with giving devices from different OEMs a try. I was a big Samsung fan myself, but I tried the Moto X, then the Nexus 5, and now I am testing an HTC One M8.

Edit: You should update your signature...

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here, Developer Rules, and Marketplace
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with giving devices from different OEMs a try. I was a big Samsung fan myself, but I tried the Moto X, then the Nexus 5, and now I am testing an HTC One M8.

Edit: You should update your signature...
    The Moto X is my backup device. I bought one when they ran the discount program. I really like a lot of the features, but it's a little small for me. I also tried the M8, but after 3 problem devices in a 1 week period I gave up. Maybe the next batch will be better. If you end up keeping your M8 I have a few accessories if your interested. I have a clear TPU case, a body gaurdz full body protection and an iBolt charging arm for HTC.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Current Devices:
    OnePlus One
    LG G3 - AT&T

Global Posts
    23,144 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimKat

The Moto X is my backup device. I bought one when they ran the discount program. I really like a lot of the features, but it's a little small for me. I also tried the M8, but after 3 problem devices in a 1 week period I gave up. Maybe the next batch will be better. If you end up keeping your M8 I have a few accessories if your interested. I have a clear TPU case, a body gaurdz full body protection and an iBolt charging arm for HTC.

Lol...I was referring to deleting the Note 3 and replacing it with the LG.
    As for the M8, I am not sure. The overall height of the device is making me think twice. I love the speakers, and screen though.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Lol...I was referring to deleting the Note 3 and replacing it with the LG.
    As for the M8, I am not sure. The overall height of the device is making me think twice. I love the speakers, and screen though.
    Lol, it seems we both try a lot of devices. I almost bought a Nexus 5 more than once. It drives my wife nuts.

Current Devices:
    OnePlus One
    LG G3 - AT&T

Global Posts
    23,144 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimKat

Lol, it seems we both try a lot of devices. I almost bought a Nexus 5 more than once. It drives my wife nuts.

M8 was because of switching to AT&T. I figured new carrier, I should get a new device. Lol!!

Phone Timeline

Good thread, was originally going to get a Note 3 on AT&T but I've been reading a ton of issues, and complaints about it. Reading these user threads really help me make my mind up.
    jneusch and Golfdriver97 like this.

Global Posts
    23,144 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimKat

Quote Originally Posted by Zacharyw70 View Post
    Good thread, was originally going to get a Note 3 on AT&T but I've been reading a ton of issues, and complaints about it. Reading these user threads really help me make my mind up.
    I will admit, even though it is still in question if I will keep this device, my opinion of HTC has greatly improved.

From a Kang Nexus 5 using the AC forums app

Phone Timeline