Can't add lines to build prop AT&T LG G2
I have a rooted AT&T LG G2, trying to add two lines to the bottom of my build prop list so I can edit the "type" setting on my APN, it's currently greyed out. None of the editor apps that I downloaded from the Play store are letting me add the two lines. Can open the build prop file but nothing happens when I start typing. Have tried Build Prop Editor, ES File Explorer and Root Explorer, switched R/O to R/W, same deal with all of the apps. Any ideas on what the issue is?
- 05-16-2014, 11:46 AM #2
Re: Can't add lines to build prop AT&T LG G2
I believe that you can't add lines using those editors.
I think you have to make a copy of the build.prop, drop it on your PC, make the changes and then overwrite the file. You may even have to do it through adb (like a push command, Idk, it has been a while since I have tried this) to get the file correctly overwritten.
your best bet to get resolution is to ask someone on XDA or something.
also, please don't flame me if I am wrong... I have not felt the need to root and install custom roms and mods since my HTC Desire HD. So I apologize up front if I am waaay wrong. I just thought someone should at least acknowledge the post.
- 05-22-2014, 03:31 PM #4
Oh wow I'm sorry I'm just now seeing your post..it was the last two lines which never did work. You need to use SQ Lite Editor and get into the database that has country and carrier (might be the telephony database but not sure ..you'll just have look around in there) you can edit and save using that app and the changes do stick after rebooting.
- By TomF in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 19Last Post: 02-03-2015, 10:47 AM
- By pappy53 in forum The Marketplace - Buy, Sell & TradeReplies: 1Last Post: 05-01-2014, 01:19 AM
- By GregIsARadDude in forum HTC One M8Replies: 9Last Post: 04-29-2014, 11:44 AM
- By ucfgrad93 in forum HTC One M7Replies: 0Last Post: 04-28-2014, 03:24 PM
- By pazzah in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 0Last Post: 04-28-2014, 02:53 PM