SGTrvlr

May 10, 2014
Visit site
Recently purchased LG G2 and Otterbox case. Other party had an annoying echo of their voice when talking. My end sounded fine. My wife has same phone, put case on her phone and it produced same echo. Otterbox replaced the case and new case produced same effects. I then purchased a Caseformers Duo armor case. I have the same echo with the Caseformers. Has anyone else had this problem, if so, what is the fix?
Thanks

SGTrvlr

May 10, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Zedora. I don't hear the echo. The person with whom I am conversing hears their voice echo when the case is on the phone. Take the case off and the echo goes away.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I understand but the phone has a echo cancellation feature with the extra mics which cancels sound of your callers from also hearing themselves through your own ear piece. So if one of your extra mics is covered by the case it wouldn't be able to block that echo. Another way to check if it is a bad secondary mic is connect a BT headset and see if that stops the echo.

SGTrvlr

May 10, 2014
Visit site
zedorda

Thanks. I thought all the mics were open, however the ones by the USB port were slightly covering the mics. Trimmed them to full open and the echo stopped.

nchampio

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
zedorda

Thanks. I thought all the mics were open, however the ones by the USB port were slightly covering the mics. Trimmed them to full open and the echo stopped.

Can you tell exactly where you trimmed? Maybe even send a photo of the case afterward the mod.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy