Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Echo

Recently purchased LG G2 and Otterbox case. Other party had an annoying echo of their voice when talking. My end sounded fine. My wife has same phone, put case on her phone and it produced same echo. Otterbox replaced the case and new case produced same effects. I then purchased a Caseformers Duo armor case. I have the same echo with the Caseformers. Has anyone else had this problem, if so, what is the fix?
    Thanks

Default Re: Echo

Are all the mics uncovered? Only thing I can think off the top of my head.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks Zedora. I don't hear the echo. The person with whom I am conversing hears their voice echo when the case is on the phone. Take the case off and the echo goes away.

I understand but the phone has a echo cancellation feature with the extra mics which cancels sound of your callers from also hearing themselves through your own ear piece. So if one of your extra mics is covered by the case it wouldn't be able to block that echo. Another way to check if it is a bad secondary mic is connect a BT headset and see if that stops the echo.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

zedorda

Thanks. I thought all the mics were open, however the ones by the USB port were slightly covering the mics. Trimmed them to full open and the echo stopped.

Happy you were able to get rid of the problem.

Thumbs up Re: Echo

I just had the same trouble with my LG G2 and the commuter Otterbox they are doing a warranty replacement now.
    I put my old case back on and it works fine its just bulky and I hate that but no echo, my friends love that .
    The case that works fine is a Dualtek got it from Amazon
    http://www.amazon.com/Puregear-Dualt...0-20&m1k=vb_ac

Good luck

Can you tell exactly where you trimmed? Maybe even send a photo of the case afterward the mod.

Quote Originally Posted by SGTrvlr View Post
    zedorda

Thanks. I thought all the mics were open, however the ones by the USB port were slightly covering the mics. Trimmed them to full open and the echo stopped.
    Can you tell exactly where you trimmed? Maybe even send a photo of the case afterward the mod.