Upgrade to LG G2?

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I've been waiting for my upgrade to get the HTC M8, but now i'm leaning towards the LG G2. I'd really like some feedback from some of the users here. How are the notifications? Are they large enough to see? What about the LED colors?
I know that this phone is extremely easy to root. Are there some decent roms out there? Thanks for any help.:p

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
It might be an oldie, but it's still a great phone. It's fast, got a great screen, nice camera, nice form factor.... and there is dev support out there. I just saw a Dirty Unicorns 4.4.2 build posted... I've been running it on my Nexus 5 (the G2's sibling) and it runs great.

BUT

The LG G3 is coming at the end of May.... if the leaks pan out, LG is going to make some serious noise with that thing.

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
It might be an oldie, but it's still a great phone. It's fast, got a great screen, nice camera, nice form factor.... and there is dev support out there. I just saw a Dirty Unicorns 4.4.2 build posted... I've been running it on my Nexus 5 (the G2's sibling) and it runs great.

BUT

The LG G3 is coming at the end of May.... if the leaks pan out, LG is going to make some serious noise with that thing.

Just got back from the AT&T store. I was really surprised that the LG G2 and my SGSIII are almost the same size, but the LG's screen is so much bigger. I played around with it for about twenty minutes, and the HTC M8 went right out of my head. I just hope that the LG G3 isn't any larger than the G2.:p

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah.... I like the looks of the G2.... Big bezels are EVIL!!!! If I had to unload my Nexus 5 today and pick another phone, I'd go with the G2 in a hearbeat. I still put it way ahead anything from HTC, Samsung or Sony.

The G3 is rumored to have a 5.5' screen... which is larger than the G2, but they've trimmed off even more of the bezels. If the rumors are right, it'll still be about the same size as the S5. I'm on T-Mobile, and my JUMP date is coming up in June.. and as much as I love my Nexus, that G3 is going be mighty tempting.

dctokyo

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Just got back from the AT&T store. I was really surprised that the LG G2 and my SGSIII are almost the same size, but the LG's screen is so much bigger. I played around with it for about twenty minutes, and the HTC M8 went right out of my head. I just hope that the LG G3 isn't any larger than the G2.:p

The G3 will be around the same size as the LG isai FL which is 147.00 x 76.00 x 10.50

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I've found that the size of the G2 is perfect for me. If the G3 doesn't work, then it's the G2. Since i like to root, it doesn't matter if it's last year's model.:)

The G3 will be a bit larger over all versus the G2, but yeah, wait till you hold it before deciding. G2s are cheap now, making it very tempting to pick up off contact.

Posted via Android Central App

rong21

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
So Grunt, you're looking for the next best thing as well?

After a couple of months of looking I just may pull the trigger on the G2. Bored with my S3. The M8 and S5 seem pretty equal but expensive. The G2 is close enough in specs to the other 2 and much cheaper.

Am waiting to see the G3 but feel like it will be too big for my taste.

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

After a couple of months of looking I just may pull the trigger on the G2. Bored with my S3. The M8 and S5 seem pretty equal but expensive. The G2 is close enough in specs to the other 2 and much cheaper.

The G2 is a nice upgrade from the S3. I had the S3 for about a year and a half, and then got the G2 when it first became available. I really do not think that I will upgrade to the G3, as the G2 just does everything well and the size of the G2 is really good.

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

I'm pulling the plug tomorrow. Jumping on the Next Plan, and picking up the G2. Played around with it in the store today, but wasn't able to get the LED to flash when i sent the store phone a text. Got the pop-up and the badge on the msg app, but no LED. Maybe it was in demo mode. This phone is super easy to root, by the way. I'll let you know how it goes.:p

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Played around with it in the store today, but wasn't able to get the LED to flash when i sent the store phone a text. Got the pop-up and the badge on the msg app, but no LED. Maybe it was in demo mode.

The LED works perfectly for all apps including phone, messaging, and email (I actually use Aquamail and the LED works for that app too).

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
probably doing the same tomorrow. Let me know how root goes. The S3 was pretty easy to root before knox

G3 will be out in four days. If all the hype is b.s., then there's still time to swap out the G2 for the G3. Rooting is easy. Check out a u-tube video. It's like download some drivers, connect the phone to your p.c., disconnect, re-connect, and your done. Flash a recovery. Bingo.:p

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante