Mic still an issue?

frag06

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
I had a G2 recently on T-Mobile, but switched back to AT&T almost immediately due to poor service.

During my week with the G2, I found it to be a very nice phone. The only problem was the mic didn't work. To be more specific, it just didn't work in certain circumstances and it was always hit or miss.

During some phone calls, people could barley hear me if they could hear me at all. To talk to Google Now, I had to put the mic up to my mouth or it wouldn't register. These are only a couple examples, but the mic didn't work more often than it did work. Other than this issue, it was a great phone.

I need to know if this is still an issue. I purchased a Nexus 5, but still have time to return it if needed. It is an awesome phone, but the battery just can't offer what the G2 can. This isn't to say the N5's battery is poor, it just isn't as good when compared to phones such as the G2 or M8.

Any help is appreciated.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

craZDude

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I had a G2 recently on T-Mobile, but switched back to AT&T almost immediately due to poor service.

During my week with the G2, I found it to be a very nice phone. The only problem was the mic didn't work. To be more specific, it just didn't work in certain circumstances and it was always hit or miss.

During some phone calls, people could barley hear me if they could hear me at all. To talk to Google Now, I had to put the mic up to my mouth or it wouldn't register. These are only a couple examples, but the mic didn't work more often than it did work. Other than this issue, it was a great phone.

I need to know if this is still an issue. I purchased a Nexus 5, but still have time to return it if needed. It is an awesome phone, but the battery just can't offer what the G2 can. This isn't to say the N5's battery is poor, it just isn't as good when compared to phones such as the G2 or M8.

Any help is appreciated.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

There really shouldn't be any problem with the mic, that sounds like that particular device is defective.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles