Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By the tall guy
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default how fast does your battery run down when your g2 is in use?

I recently just got my AT&T Lg G2 on Tuesday and read about people's issues with battery and how they fixed it. I went into the settings and with light use I can say I get great battery life. Now depending on what I am doing, when using it sometimes the battery loses a percent within a minute or two. Mostly with games but that's expected. I'm not saying that's a problem but how fast does your battery go? I would like to compare.

I did a test and at 9:38 PM I was at 62% and at 10:06 PM I am now at 55%. Only played a game for about 3-5 minutes.

I will also provide a screenshot of the battery manager when my g2 was in light use earlier today.

Posted via Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails how fast does your battery run down when your g2 is in use?-643.jpg  
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Some how the screen shot was cut off after uploading so here's it is again how fast does your battery run down when your g2 is in use?-640.jpg

Default Re: how fast does your battery run down when your g2 is in use?

I've had a lot of phones but the LG G2 is by far the best battery I've ever came across. Mines holds charge so well.

mylesp and grunt0300 like this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Oates View Post
    I've had a lot of phones but the LG G2 is by far the best battery I've ever came across. Mines holds charge so well.

I see that myself! I watched many reviews on YouTube before purchasing mine and the battery was one of the strong points. I love it

The standby battery life on any g2 or nexus 5 is unparalleled. There is some amazing Idle action going on or something to get this great battery life. Heavy usage on this phone makes the battery act kind of normal. But if the phone is just resting, it uses next to nothing from the battery.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by randyist View Post
    The standby battery life on any g2 or nexus 5 is unparalleled. There is some amazing Idle action going on or something to get this great battery life. Heavy usage on this phone makes the battery act kind of normal. But if the phone is just resting, it uses next to nothing from the battery.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
    Exactly. Every phone should be like this - if it's idle it uses nothing at all. I charge mines every night, and in the morning I unplug it and take it to work. After a few hours it's still in the high 90's

I'm due an upgrade in Oct and I'm heavily leaning towards a G3. I got my G2 second hand so haven't had the fun of keeping the LG phone in pristine condition

Thanked by:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Oates View Post
    Exactly. Every phone should be like this - if it's idle it uses nothing at all. I charge mines every night, and in the morning I unplug it and take it to work. After a few hours it's still in the high 90's

I'm due an upgrade in Oct and I'm heavily leaning towards a G3. I got my G2 second hand so haven't had the fun of keeping the LG phone in pristine condition

Nice! I would definitely go for that. I could have got one but at&t new plans wold have charged me arm and a leg lol so I upgraded to the g2 since its cheaper

Btw here's another question. How long does the battery manager take to update? Mine is still on" collecting battery info". It was working fine yesterday though.

Thought about the G3, but I honestly don't really see it as an upgrade. The resolution difference will be unnoticeable and the drop in brightness of the G3 screen kills it for me.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

I'm on the Verizon version but this thing sips battery! Whenever you take a look at the battery chart it's always a steady downward slope!

Sent from my LG G2 using Tapatalk

Has anyone ever gamed for an hour straight and knows what the percentage loss was?

Quote Originally Posted by erwaso View Post
    Has anyone ever gamed for an hour straight and knows what the percentage loss was?
    20-30% over 40 minutes
    No battery saver running
    The game I was playing was Tanktastic
    The graphics at max
    30fps
    190-240 ping
    Wifi running
    Bluetooth running
    Mobile data running
    100% brightness
    And music playing through headphones

Quote Originally Posted by ol chap View Post
    20-30% over 40 minutes
    No battery saver running
    The game I was playing was Tanktastic
    The graphics at max
    30fps
    190-240 ping
    Wifi running
    Bluetooth running
    Mobile data running
    100% brightness
    And music playing through headphones

dang, thats not bad lol

Global Posts
    119 Global Posts

I just got rid of an HTC One. I would take it off the charger at 100% at 8am and leave for work. The screen would be off, no phone calls, but bluetooth would be on, wifi is on, etc. I'd be at 30% by noon. I got my G2 yesterday. Today under the same conditions, i was at 58% at 10pm, with usage after 7pm. By far the best battery on an android i've ever had. Of course I'll revisit this in a few days, but i'm impressed so far.