Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Notification LED keeps turning itself back on

I dislike the notification LED, so I turned it off, but it resets itself back on every day. Not sure what is doing this, but it's annoying. Android software was updated yesterday on this new phone.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Notification LED keeps turning itself back on

Did it twice today. It was on when I turned the phone on in the morning, but it also reset itself back to on later in the day, phone on the whole time. LED setting decides to go back on on its own....

Global Posts
    3,668 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

Quote Originally Posted by tahoekid View Post
    Did it twice today. It was on when I turned the phone on in the morning, but it also reset itself back to on later in the day, phone on the whole time. LED setting decides to go back on on its own....
    It's supposed to notify you when an email or text msg comes onto your phone. That's it's job. As far as coming on when the phone is opened, it only blinks once, that's all. What's the big deal?
    Give yourself, to the Dark Side!

Try unchecked everything as well as turning it off. At least then when it turns back on you won't get notification flashes.

Posted via Android Central App using an LG G2.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I found that this occurs when it is 'away' from my home network, and as soon as I return and it finds emails, it flips itself back on. If the phone is turned on, boots up and finds the network, reads emails, no problem. But when it leaves then returns to the local wireless network, it decides to turn on. Sounds like a bug.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

The reason I don't want it on, is because it is always on. I have multiple email accounts, and my inbox is hit every minute since I am in some community groups, etc. There is no value added for having the light blink if it is constantly on.