LG G2 (D800) is slow and crashes a lot

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
My device seems to be crashing a lot, behaving erratically, and apps are very slow.

Out of total space 24.12 Gb , I have 726Mb available, so maybe that's why.
I have lots of photos, videos, music, and recordings on the device.

I can remove them, but will that help me? Do I need to defrag anything after that?
I've been thinking of rooting the device too to remove various fluff and to increase battery life. But if there's no need, or if the benefits of doing that are small compared to amount of work for rooting, I probably can get by without it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! That is pretty full. If anything, I would take this opportunity to back up as much of your photos and videos as you can, because if your phone gets borked and you didn't back up, you'll lose them forever. Once you've backed them up, you can delete them from the phone and clear up some space. Then see if things improve. I'd normally suggest wiping the system cache partition (which is a common solution for many devices), but unfortunately, this option is not available on most unrooted LG phones including the G2. You could try clearing all app caches (which is different from the cache partition): Clear App Cache - LG G2

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
My device seems to be crashing a lot, behaving erratically, and apps are very slow.

Out of total space 24.12 Gb , I have 726Mb available, so maybe that's why.
I have lots of photos, videos, music, and recordings on the device.

I can remove them, but will that help me? Do I need to defrag anything after that?
I've been thinking of rooting the device too to remove various fluff and to increase battery life. But if there's no need, or if the benefits of doing that are small compared to amount of work for rooting, I probably can get by without it.

Download Google Drive. Put all your pictures into it. Download Google Play. Put all your music, videos, and recordings into it. All your stuff is still "in" the phone, but not "on" the phone. My guess is that you will have about 18 to 20gbs. of usable space. Make sure that you also have Google Drive & Play on your computer. When you add to those two on the computer, they will sync all data with your phone. Good luck.:p

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Download Google Drive. Put all your pictures into it. Download Google Play. Put all your music, videos, and recordings into it. All your stuff is still "in" the phone, but not "on" the phone. My guess is that you will have about 18 to 20gbs. of usable space. Make sure that you also have Google Drive & Play on your computer. When you add to those two on the computer, they will sync all data with your phone. Good luck.:p

And be sure you have a really good data plan (unlimited is best) because doing the above will cause a great spike in your monthly data usage. If you're lucky, you have access to safe wi-fi pretty much all day to alleviate the data plan issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol