anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Sorry if this is in the wrong place. I have an LG G2(D800), and i'm using the stock email app for my three accounts(gmail, aol, and verizon). I was wondering if i could use the stock gmail app for the same purpose. I do have gmail on my Mac, but the settings are confusing. Thanks for any help.:p

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
The GMail app does support a few other email services aside from their own. I'm not sure if it will support your two specific email services, but it's worth a try. There are other third party apps like K-9 mail that support multiple services.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Sorry if this is in the wrong place. I have an LG G2(D800), and i'm using the stock email app for my three accounts(gmail, aol, and verizon). I was wondering if i could use the stock gmail app for the same purpose. I do have gmail on my Mac, but the settings are confusing. Thanks for any help.:p
You mean setup Gmail to accept email from two other sources (Aol and Verizon), in addition to receiving emails from Gmail? You should be able to following this setup guide: https://support.google.com/mail/answer/4570255?hl=en

I'm not sure how the email from the various accounts will remain separated or if they can be consolidated into a single inbox. Let us know if you have further questions.

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
You mean setup Gmail to accept email from two other sources (Aol and Verizon), in addition to receiving emails from Gmail? You should be able to following this setup guide: https://support.google.com/mail/answer/4570255?hl=en

I'm not sure how the email from the various accounts will remain separated or if they can be consolidated into a single inbox. Let us know if you have further questions.

Thanks for the help, but it won't work. The gmail app can be used for multiple accounts, as long as they're multiple gmail accounts. Can't use it with aol, or verizon.:'(

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Try Aquamail. It can handle multiple accounts and is very customizable. In my opinion it's the best email app available.

Posted via Android Central App

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm using the stock email app to handle all of my gmail and Yahoo email accounts. Works perfectly. No issues.

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm using the stock email app to handle all of my gmail and Yahoo email accounts. Works perfectly. No issues.

The stock email app handles all three of my email accounts. I wanted to see if i could make the stock gmail app do the same thing. I don't think that it can.:p

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
The stock email app handles all three of my email accounts. I wanted to see if i could make the stock gmail app do the same thing. I don't think that it can.:p
Could you set up automatic forwarding for those email accounts to send to Gmail? That's probably not what you want to do, but may be a workaround in the interim.

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Could you set up automatic forwarding for those email accounts to send to Gmail? That's probably not what you want to do, but may be a workaround in the interim.

Would auto forwarding send Aol & Vzn emails directly to the gmail app? I wish that i knew how to do that. What about unread counts, would they show up too? That's exactly what i'm looking for! I hope somebody out there can help me out with this. Thanks.:confused:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Would auto forwarding send Aol & Vzn emails directly to the gmail app? I wish that i knew how to do that. What about unread counts, would they show up too? That's exactly what i'm looking for! I hope somebody out there can help me out with this. Thanks.:confused:
I'm sure it would show up without a problem. Though, I think it won't show any different than your other incoming emails from Gmail would show. Meaning, you won't be able to tell if the email is from your Aol or Verizon accounts, rather than the Gmail, unless you open and read the email to where it came from. It bit confusing, I know.

If I come across a way to do that in a simplified way I'll be sure to report back.

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure it would show up without a problem. Though, I think it won't show any different than your other incoming emails from Gmail would show. Meaning, you won't be able to tell if the email is from your Aol or Verizon accounts, rather than the Gmail, unless you open and read the email to where it came from. It bit confusing, I know.

If I come across a way to do that in a simplified way I'll be sure to report back.

Thank you for helping. I've tried looking into this, but haven't found an answer.:confused:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol