Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By UJ95x
  • 2 Post By srkmagnus
  • 1 Post By tsells
  • 1 Post By grunt0300
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    4,484 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Android 6.0 (stock)

Default Gmail app

Sorry if this is in the wrong place. I have an LG G2(D800), and i'm using the stock email app for my three accounts(gmail, aol, and verizon). I was wondering if i could use the stock gmail app for the same purpose. I do have gmail on my Mac, but the settings are confusing. Thanks for any help.
    Retired Ambassador

Global Posts
    10,442 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 6.0.1

Default Re: Gmail app

The GMail app does support a few other email services aside from their own. I'm not sure if it will support your two specific email services, but it's worth a try. There are other third party apps like K-9 mail that support multiple services.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4
    grunt0300 likes this.

Global Posts
    13,568 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Quote Originally Posted by grunt0300 View Post
    Sorry if this is in the wrong place. I have an LG G2(D800), and i'm using the stock email app for my three accounts(gmail, aol, and verizon). I was wondering if i could use the stock gmail app for the same purpose. I do have gmail on my Mac, but the settings are confusing. Thanks for any help.
    You mean setup Gmail to accept email from two other sources (Aol and Verizon), in addition to receiving emails from Gmail? You should be able to following this setup guide: https://support.google.com/mail/answer/4570255?hl=en

I'm not sure how the email from the various accounts will remain separated or if they can be consolidated into a single inbox. Let us know if you have further questions.
    UJ95x and grunt0300 like this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    4,484 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Android 6.0 (stock)

Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post
    You mean setup Gmail to accept email from two other sources (Aol and Verizon), in addition to receiving emails from Gmail? You should be able to following this setup guide: https://support.google.com/mail/answer/4570255?hl=en

I'm not sure how the email from the various accounts will remain separated or if they can be consolidated into a single inbox. Let us know if you have further questions.
    Thanks for the help, but it won't work. The gmail app can be used for multiple accounts, as long as they're multiple gmail accounts. Can't use it with aol, or verizon.

Try Aquamail. It can handle multiple accounts and is very customizable. In my opinion it's the best email app available.

Posted via Android Central App
    grunt0300 likes this.

I'm using the stock email app to handle all of my gmail and Yahoo email accounts. Works perfectly. No issues.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    4,484 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Android 6.0 (stock)

Quote Originally Posted by OhAlfie View Post
    I'm using the stock email app to handle all of my gmail and Yahoo email accounts. Works perfectly. No issues.
    The stock email app handles all three of my email accounts. I wanted to see if i could make the stock gmail app do the same thing. I don't think that it can.

Been there, done that, and yep, it doesn't work.

Global Posts
    13,568 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

The stock email app handles all three of my email accounts. I wanted to see if i could make the stock gmail app do the same thing. I don't think that it can.
    Could you set up automatic forwarding for those email accounts to send to Gmail? That's probably not what you want to do, but may be a workaround in the interim.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    4,484 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Android 6.0 (stock)

Could you set up automatic forwarding for those email accounts to send to Gmail? That's probably not what you want to do, but may be a workaround in the interim.
    Would auto forwarding send Aol & Vzn emails directly to the gmail app? I wish that i knew how to do that. What about unread counts, would they show up too? That's exactly what i'm looking for! I hope somebody out there can help me out with this. Thanks.

Global Posts
    13,568 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Would auto forwarding send Aol & Vzn emails directly to the gmail app? I wish that i knew how to do that. What about unread counts, would they show up too? That's exactly what i'm looking for! I hope somebody out there can help me out with this. Thanks.
    I'm sure it would show up without a problem. Though, I think it won't show any different than your other incoming emails from Gmail would show. Meaning, you won't be able to tell if the email is from your Aol or Verizon accounts, rather than the Gmail, unless you open and read the email to where it came from. It bit confusing, I know.

If I come across a way to do that in a simplified way I'll be sure to report back.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Global Posts
    4,484 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Android 6.0 (stock)

I'm sure it would show up without a problem. Though, I think it won't show any different than your other incoming emails from Gmail would show. Meaning, you won't be able to tell if the email is from your Aol or Verizon accounts, rather than the Gmail, unless you open and read the email to where it came from. It bit confusing, I know.

If I come across a way to do that in a simplified way I'll be sure to report back.
    Thank you for helping. I've tried looking into this, but haven't found an answer.
    srkmagnus likes this.