why no flash player for this phone??????

LifesGoodPhoenix

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
what is the phone missing to be able to use flash player? this sucks, there are a lot of apps that id love to use.

maybe we can add it to a custom mod.....maybe suggest it to the guys at XDA.

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site
From what I have read [correct me if I'm] wrong. It has to do with adobe being a bloated pig of a program and the little 600mhz CPU we have just isn't enough to handle flash. I'm starting to think Apple had the right idea with not supporting flash. Some how adobe who's files have huge overhead always seem to beat a better more streamlined format. Anyways, it may be possible through enough tinkering and streamlining of CPU cycles to get Flash to run well but thats probably not going to happen unless we can get the XDA guys to give the thrive/phoenix a custom ROM.

MrMelQuin

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Last edited:
Reactions: LifesGoodPhoenix

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Oh I'm not discounting the idea that our hardware should run flash. This is just another case of adobe sucking. I think there is a port out there for a newer flash on the P50x but I'm just wondering if they made it so that it utilizes the GPU or if its just running straight CPU.

Reactions: LifesGoodPhoenix

LifesGoodPhoenix

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
well this sucks a big one...
any news on devs working on this?
by the way youve made more head way than i.
i cant find anywere on xda, that they talk about phoenix/thrive. let olone anyone reply to my questions.
i am seriously in the steps to pic up so java and xml books and teach myself.
ill probly learn and build something usefull in the same time it takes someone else to. lol

thanks

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Well for the most part you won't find much specific to the phoenix or the thrive on XDA. However, when looking for stuff on them you can do a little side step. The LG Optimus One (P500) is the same basic phone, AT&T made a few changes and released it as the Phoenix/Thrive. Please keep in mind they are not the exact same phone with new stickers though, there are differences enough to cause them to not work with P500 custom ROMs. But it's a good place to start when looking for info if you come up empty with the P505/P506.

LifesGoodPhoenix

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
the differences i was aware of. read in xda p500 thread were some one used a P500 rom on a phoenix/thrive and had issues, also in same thread someone did same thing(prob diff p500rom) and had little to no issues.
not knowledgeable enogh yet to play that game.

MRMelquin
any more info on whats inside?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae