Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 76
Like Tree2Likes
  1. #26  
    kushkingz's Avatar

    Posts
    28 Posts
    ROM
    SlimGen1.3 | Joban .32

    Default Re: P505/P506 Which ROM are you using?

    Im using CM7 + Jobans kernal
  2. #27  
    naturalblue's Avatar

    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Jelly Bean 4.1.1

    Default Re: P505/P506 Which ROM are you using?


    Joban's Kernel 2.08
    LG Thrive
  3. #28  

    Default Re: P505/P506 Which ROM are you using?

    Quote Originally Posted by skeltonh View Post
    I use Stock AT&T 2.2.2, GingerBreak'd, and use CPU Tuner to moderate my usage and battery life.

    I'm waiting for a stable version of something better. Would like some overclocking. Finally got Tethering working without having to spread cheeks for AT&T. Would like 2.3 or 4.x.x.x. Supposedly LG gave AT&T 2.3 but I have yet to see it distributed. I'm sure they are hacking it to disable hacking the device.
    Same here. Rooted and still on stock. I personally am waiting on seeing something more tailored specifically for the thrive from start to finish (kernel and rom). I want something proven (by a wide number of thrive users) to fairly reliable and stable thrive. Would've been nice if AT&T could throw us thrive users a bone and release our 2.3 rom, too.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #29  
    donavan's Avatar

    Posts
    584 Posts
    ROM
    Stock 2.3.4 rooted

    Default Re: P505/P506 Which ROM are you using?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheva View Post
    Same here. Rooted and still on stock. I personally am waiting on seeing something more tailored specifically for the thrive from start to finish (kernel and rom). I want something proven (by a wide number of thrive users) to fairly reliable and stable thrive. Would've been nice if AT&T could throw us thrive users a bone and release our 2.3 rom, too.
    get after them start asking we didnt get an update till be birtched a lot.
  5. #30  
    naturalblue's Avatar

    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Jelly Bean 4.1.1

    Default Re: P505/P506 Which ROM are you using?

    Quote Originally Posted by kushkingz View Post
    See Signature for info
    with ics on your thrive - are data and wifi both working properly?
  6. #31  
    Oathkeeper1212's Avatar

    Posts
    472 Posts
    ROM
    CM9 4.0.4/CM10 (Testing)

    Default Re: P505/P506 Which ROM are you using?

    Stock 2.3.4, rooted. I really cant do anything since im on new bb now it totally sucks but oh well i can wait . and i have Swype to! i didnt know we could get it on our phones.
  7. #32  
    bill.weckel's Avatar

    Posts
    172 Posts
    ROM
    JB 4.2.2

    Default Re: P505/P506 Which ROM are you using?

    Phone: LG Thrive P506
    Kernel: Joban #8
    ROM: CyanogenMMattv1.1

    Rooted with GingerBreak

    I have several issuse with this setup and I'm sure there may be others that I haven't noticed yet. However, I'm happy to have Android 2.3.5 running on my device, so I'm not gonna remove these updates until something more stable and permanent comes along.

    * Booting the phone now takes forever. Was fairly fast with the stock ROM and kernel.
    * When overclocking, I run into all kinds of drawing issues like the screen being split. In both modes, vertical and landscape. This problem seems to go away if I leave the CPU max value set to 600 mhz. Govenor is always kept at ONDEMAND.

    Will list others as they appear.
    Last edited by bill.weckel; 03-28-2012 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Additional comments
  8. #33  

    Default Re: P505/P506 Which ROM are you using?

    wierd. the cm7.2 kang with joban 2.08 doesn't work on my thrive. i get boot freeze at lg logo. ive tried wiping everything in recovery and tried 3 different times and still just won't boot. i wipe data, and system and boot and all that and then load the rom, after rom installs i reboot to check if it works and it does, just wierd colors and usual stuff. i flash old baseband fix and that fixes my data and all that. but then i reboot and flash joban kernel and it loads up to lg boot logo then just freezes and eventually goes to sleep and i gotta pull the battery to reboot it. i guess im sticking with cm9 ics and raeyne kernel since its the most stable rom i can find at the moment.
    Last edited by korrectmethod; 04-05-2012 at 08:38 PM.
  9. #34  
    LifesGoodPhoenix's Avatar

    Posts
    376 Posts
    ROM
    stock 2.3.4 rooted

    Default Re: P505/P506 Which ROM are you using?

    Your using the wrong rom for the kernel. Or vise versa. No wonder its bootloopin.
    Any rom you have to Obb patch you need .35 kernel. Joban 2.08 is. 32 kernel.
  10. #35  

    Default Re: P505/P506 Which ROM are you using?

    Quote Originally Posted by LifesGoodPhoenix View Post
    Your using the wrong rom for the kernel. Or vise versa. No wonder its bootloopin.
    Any rom you have to Obb patch you need .35 kernel. Joban 2.08 is. 32 kernel.
    Hrm, well I'll mess with it more.

    2 people in this thread said they are running the same rom and same kernel I tried.

    This rom:
    With Joban 2.08.
  11. #36  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by korrectmethod View Post
    wierd. the cm7.2 kang with joban 2.08 doesn't work on my thrive. i get boot freeze at lg logo. ive tried wiping everything in recovery and tried 3 different times and still just won't boot. i wipe data, and system and boot and all that and then load the rom, after rom installs i reboot to check if it works and it does, just wierd colors and usual stuff. i flash old baseband fix and that fixes my data and all that. but then i reboot and flash joban kernel and it loads up to lg boot logo then just freezes and eventually goes to sleep and i gotta pull the battery to reboot it. i guess im sticking with cm9 ics and raeyne kernel since its the most stable rom i can find at the moment.

    I had the same problem with my Thrive but when you flash any 2.3.x ROM in this order it boots fine and everything works including colors, wifi, data etc. Order: Rom, reboot and observe messed up colors, reboot into recovery and flash joban's kernel, reboot, u won't be able to boot past LG logo but colors are fixed, finally reboot into recovery and flash p505 obb fix, reboot and all works.
  12. #37  

    Default Re: P505/P506 Which ROM are you using?

    Quote Originally Posted by lightdesk View Post
    I had the same problem with my Thrive but when you flash any 2.3.x ROM in this order it boots fine and everything works including colors, wifi, data etc. Order: Rom, reboot and observe messed up colors, reboot into recovery and flash joban's kernel, reboot, u won't be able to boot past LG logo but colors are fixed, finally reboot into recovery and flash p505 obb fix, reboot and all works.
    I think I tried that when it wasn't working initially. I 'll try it again though and let you know.

    What about this guys comment a few comments up that says "Any rom you have to Obb patch you need .35 kernel."

    edit: tried installing it in the order you mentioned and still get bootfreeze at lg logo. I noticed people pointing to RC0 but the only thing I can find is RC1. Also people are throwing in things like A8 and A5 in the filename and when I google the file they say they are using it just says no results found at all.
    Last edited by korrectmethod; 04-06-2012 at 09:53 AM.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #38  
    donavan's Avatar

    Posts
    584 Posts
    ROM
    Stock 2.3.4 rooted

    Default Re: P505/P506 Which ROM are you using?

    Quote Originally Posted by korrectmethod View Post
    I think I tried that when it wasn't working initially. I 'll try it again though and let you know.

    What about this guys comment a few comments up that says "Any rom you have to Obb patch you need .35 kernel."
    I think he misspoke (err typed) here is how it works.

    Any .32 kernel bases ROM that work for the P500 should work with the OBB and Jobans #8 Kernel [some roms have issues but most will work at least for the most part]. A few .32 kernel based ROMs where written for the NBB and will work using joban's Kernel provided you use a patch, some roms have it some don't [I would stay away from most of them as they tend to be pretty glitchy]. If you are on the NBB you are pretty much stuck using .35 kernel as almost all the NBB ROMs are written for this. Unfortunately that means either stock ROM & Kernel or getting one of the half way done .35 kernels by joban or raenye till we can a better kernel built. Some of us are working on it and Joban has reappeared and with any luck he can quickly work his magic to get a kernel and source code up and running for us.
  14. #39  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by korrectmethod View Post
    I think I tried that when it wasn't working initially. I 'll try it again though and let you know.

    What about this guys comment a few comments up that says "Any rom you have to Obb patch you need .35 kernel."

    edit: tried installing it in the order you mentioned and still get bootfreeze at lg logo. I noticed people pointing to RC0 but the only thing I can find is RC1. Also people are throwing in things like A8 and A5 in the filename and when I google the file they say they are using it just says no results found at all.
    I am currently using the CM7 7.2 RC1 on my thrive with no problems. Many roms that I've tested work with the order I mentioned. Did you clear things out before beginning the flash order? Your problems may have something to do with the base band but I am on obb and I am assuming you are too so things should work.
  15. #40  
    XRAY72's Avatar

    Posts
    35 Posts
    ROM
    cm7.2 rc1/2.6.35.7-perf.

    Default Re: P505/P506 Which ROM are you using?

    ok, now im confused. im using the new 7.2 rc1 rom, not sure which kernal (under my name above i put what it says it is on about phone page) i beleive its raeyne,s or has his patch.everything works great, the wifi, data, mms, voice, everything. oh, the black screen thing? yeah, when i first wake it up, the screen is black until i touch it. if i wasnt gonna touch it, i wouldn't have woke it up anyway, so that is not a problem for me. now this is where im confused, i read about everyone having problems,but mineseems to be perfect. i admit i really dont know what im doing, so am i missing something or did i mistakingly find the sweet combination that works? my only complaint is it wont make my bed or do the dishes.
    albra likes this.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #41  
    donavan's Avatar

    Posts
    584 Posts
    ROM
    Stock 2.3.4 rooted

    Default Re: P505/P506 Which ROM are you using?

    Quote Originally Posted by XRAY72 View Post
    ok, now im confused. im using the new 7.2 rc1 rom, not sure which kernal (under my name above i put what it says it is on about phone page) i beleive its raeyne,s or has his patch.everything works great, the wifi, data, mms, voice, everything. oh, the black screen thing? yeah, when i first wake it up, the screen is black until i touch it. if i wasnt gonna touch it, i wouldn't have woke it up anyway, so that is not a problem for me. now this is where im confused, i read about everyone having problems,but mineseems to be perfect. i admit i really dont know what im doing, so am i missing something or did i mistakingly find the sweet combination that works? my only complaint is it wont make my bed or do the dishes.
    The black screen issue has been present for a while your not alone (I think its CM7) ... BTW you are using a .35 kernel. To the best of my understanding there were some issues with the data or the wifi on raeyne's kernel (don't remember exactly) but as far as I understood it the kernel was not 100% working. I could be wrong on that though and maybe its been updated.
  17. #42  

    Default Re: P505/P506 Which ROM are you using?

    Quote Originally Posted by lightdesk View Post
    I am currently using the CM7 7.2 RC1 on my thrive with no problems. Many roms that I've tested work with the order I mentioned. Did you clear things out before beginning the flash order? Your problems may have something to do with the base band but I am on obb and I am assuming you are too so things should work.
    Yes I wipe data/factory reset, then Wipe Dalvik-Cache, then I format /boot, /data, and /system. I'm afraid to format cache because last time I did I think it corrupted my md5 sum on my backup and wouldn't restore. After that I flash the cm7.2 rc1, then reboot to the wierd colors. i reboot to recovery then i flash joban kernel and get lg logo boot freeze, pull battery and load recovery, then flash the obb patch found in the cm7.2 post also. then reboot and still lg logo boot freeze...if i install just the obb patch it fixes my service and still boots but still with wierd colors, so im pretty sure its the kernel..


    Also yeah I'm on OBB.
    Last edited by korrectmethod; 04-06-2012 at 09:26 PM.
  18. #43  

    Default Re: P505/P506 Which ROM are you using?

    korrectmethod, I can upload the rc0 old baseband rom for you if you want it (it was originally posted by adfad666 on xda and has since been taken down). This is the ROM I've been using for a while now, the only problem that with it that can't be fixed is connecting with bluetooth, but everything else works great.

    Also, has anyone tried both the RC0 Kang rom (old baseband) and the CosmicExperia ROM donavan uploaded? Can you give your opinion on which has better performance, battery life, and if bluetooth works? Thanks
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #44  
    donavan's Avatar

    Posts
    584 Posts
    ROM
    Stock 2.3.4 rooted

    Default Re: P505/P506 Which ROM are you using?

    korrectmethod, not sure where things are going wrong for you I do know this ROM works though as I and others have successfully used it for a while. I suggest rereading the posts and see if there is something someone else has done that might get you out of the boot stuck issue ... one thought though is if you get the boot logo hanging try reinstalling the kernel without clearing anything and see if that gets you somewhere.


    kingv10 , as to the battery I normally got about 18 hours on CosmicExperia compaired to the 30+ hours I get from the the LG stock 2.3.4 none of the custom ROMs seem to have the battery life that the stock ROM/Kernels do. My guess is its something in the kernel/ROM combo.
  20. #45  
    kushkingz's Avatar

    Posts
    28 Posts
    ROM
    SlimGen1.3 | Joban .32

    Default

    I have a lg p505, I'm using slimgen 1.3 rom with jobans 2.08 kernel, all odd. I have noticed no major issues, well no issues at all I can recall, I find this is a very smooth rom for our phone. If anyony needs links to the sources , let me kni
  21. #46  

    Default Re: P505/P506 Which ROM are you using?

    Quote Originally Posted by kingv10 View Post
    korrectmethod, I can upload the rc0 old baseband rom for you if you want it (it was originally posted by adfad666 on xda and has since been taken down). This is the ROM I've been using for a while now, the only problem that with it that can't be fixed is connecting with bluetooth, but everything else works great.
    that would be appreciated. i'm just going to give up getting it to work with joban #8. it boots and everything works fine except can't OC with raeynes kernel. sticking with ics til i can try that rc0

    I never had a problem with Joban #8. for the longest time i was running cyongen mmatt then mikos 6.5.8 using the kernel. but then i saw ics recently and also that raeynes had made us a .35 kernel and couldnt resist.
    Last edited by korrectmethod; 04-07-2012 at 10:54 AM.
  22. #47  

    Default Re: P505/P506 Which ROM are you using?

    Here you go
  23. #48  

    Default Re: P505/P506 Which ROM are you using?

    Quote Originally Posted by kingv10 View Post
    Here you go
    Great thanks. I'll let you know how it works out.

    edit: RC0 worked fine for me. perfect. thanks for the help
    Last edited by korrectmethod; 04-07-2012 at 01:55 PM.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #49  
    donavan's Avatar

    Posts
    584 Posts
    ROM
    Stock 2.3.4 rooted

    Default Re: P505/P506 Which ROM are you using?

    Quote Originally Posted by korrectmethod View Post
    .... everything works fine except can't OC with raeynes kernel. sticking with ics til i can try that rc0 .....
    Ccan you verify that raeyne's kernel was a full working kernel aside from the overclocking I thought there were other issues? Am I correct in saying the only reason we aren't using this more wide spread is that raeyne bailed after someone posted the kernel somewhere else beside where raeyne wanted it?
  25. #50  

    Default Re: P505/P506 Which ROM are you using?

    Quote Originally Posted by donavan View Post
    Ccan you verify that raeyne's kernel was a full working kernel aside from the overclocking I thought there were other issues? Am I correct in saying the only reason we aren't using this more wide spread is that raeyne bailed after someone posted the kernel somewhere else beside where raeyne wanted it?
    I can't verify that absolutely everything is working. But I do know wifi, data, gps, everything I use daily works. No bugs outside of cm9 bugs that I can tell either.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

B