P505/P506 Which ROM are you using?

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site
ok, now im confused. im using the new 7.2 rc1 rom, not sure which kernal (under my name above i put what it says it is on about phone page) i beleive its raeyne,s or has his patch.everything works great, the wifi, data, mms, voice, everything. oh, the black screen thing? yeah, when i first wake it up, the screen is black until i touch it. if i wasnt gonna touch it, i wouldn't have woke it up anyway, so that is not a problem for me. now this is where im confused, i read about everyone having problems,but mineseems to be perfect. i admit i really dont know what im doing, so am i missing something or did i mistakingly find the sweet combination that works? my only complaint is it wont make my bed or do the dishes.

The black screen issue has been present for a while your not alone (I think its CM7) ... BTW you are using a .35 kernel. To the best of my understanding there were some issues with the data or the wifi on raeyne's kernel (don't remember exactly) but as far as I understood it the kernel was not 100% working. I could be wrong on that though and maybe its been updated.

korrectmethod

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I am currently using the CM7 7.2 RC1 on my thrive with no problems. Many roms that I've tested work with the order I mentioned. Did you clear things out before beginning the flash order? Your problems may have something to do with the base band but I am on obb and I am assuming you are too so things should work.

Yes I wipe data/factory reset, then Wipe Dalvik-Cache, then I format /boot, /data, and /system. I'm afraid to format cache because last time I did I think it corrupted my md5 sum on my backup and wouldn't restore. After that I flash the cm7.2 rc1, then reboot to the wierd colors. i reboot to recovery then i flash joban kernel and get lg logo boot freeze, pull battery and load recovery, then flash the obb patch found in the cm7.2 post also. then reboot and still lg logo boot freeze...if i install just the obb patch it fixes my service and still boots but still with wierd colors, so im pretty sure its the kernel..

Also yeah I'm on OBB.

Last edited:

kingv10

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
korrectmethod, I can upload the rc0 old baseband rom for you if you want it (it was originally posted by adfad666 on xda and has since been taken down). This is the ROM I've been using for a while now, the only problem that with it that can't be fixed is connecting with bluetooth, but everything else works great.

Also, has anyone tried both the RC0 Kang rom (old baseband) and the CosmicExperia ROM donavan uploaded? Can you give your opinion on which has better performance, battery life, and if bluetooth works? Thanks

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site
korrectmethod, not sure where things are going wrong for you I do know this ROM works though as I and others have successfully used it for a while. I suggest rereading the posts and see if there is something someone else has done that might get you out of the boot stuck issue ... one thought though is if you get the boot logo hanging try reinstalling the kernel without clearing anything and see if that gets you somewhere.

kingv10 , as to the battery I normally got about 18 hours on CosmicExperia compaired to the 30+ hours I get from the the LG stock 2.3.4 none of the custom ROMs seem to have the battery life that the stock ROM/Kernels do. My guess is its something in the kernel/ROM combo.

kushkingz

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I have a lg p505, I'm using slimgen 1.3 rom with jobans 2.08 kernel, all odd. I have noticed no major issues, well no issues at all I can recall, I find this is a very smooth rom for our phone. If anyony needs links to the sources , let me kni

korrectmethod

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
korrectmethod, I can upload the rc0 old baseband rom for you if you want it (it was originally posted by adfad666 on xda and has since been taken down). This is the ROM I've been using for a while now, the only problem that with it that can't be fixed is connecting with bluetooth, but everything else works great.

that would be appreciated. i'm just going to give up getting it to work with joban #8. it boots and everything works fine except can't OC with raeynes kernel. sticking with ics til i can try that rc0 :)

I never had a problem with Joban #8. for the longest time i was running cyongen mmatt then mikos 6.5.8 using the kernel. but then i saw ics recently and also that raeynes had made us a .35 kernel and couldnt resist.

Last edited:

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site
.... everything works fine except can't OC with raeynes kernel. sticking with ics til i can try that rc0 :).....

Ccan you verify that raeyne's kernel was a full working kernel aside from the overclocking I thought there were other issues? Am I correct in saying the only reason we aren't using this more wide spread is that raeyne bailed after someone posted the kernel somewhere else beside where raeyne wanted it?

korrectmethod

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Ccan you verify that raeyne's kernel was a full working kernel aside from the overclocking I thought there were other issues? Am I correct in saying the only reason we aren't using this more wide spread is that raeyne bailed after someone posted the kernel somewhere else beside where raeyne wanted it?

I can't verify that absolutely everything is working. But I do know wifi, data, gps, everything I use daily works. No bugs outside of cm9 bugs that I can tell either.

chiphead

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Tried ICS rom with Joban kernel, but wouldn't save my APN. I ran the Funny SIM patch, but then it failed to boot. I'm using the CM7 nightly (CyanogenMod Downloads) with the the stock GB kernel (http://forums.androidcentral.com/t-lg-phoenix-thrive/167630-stock-gb-kernel-lg-p505.html) with 20F baseband. As expected, Wifi is broken, but everything else seems to be ok. Had to edit the update script to remove the assert failed ([Q] assert failed getprop ro.product.device - xda-developers).

This is the last time I'm buying a phone that's not officially supported by CM. Too much headache to get the basic stuff working.

korrectmethod

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Tried ICS rom with Joban kernel, but wouldn't save my APN. I ran the Funny SIM patch, but then it failed to boot. I'm using the CM7 nightly (CyanogenMod Downloads) with the the stock GB kernel (http://forums.androidcentral.com/t-lg-phoenix-thrive/167630-stock-gb-kernel-lg-p505.html) with 20F baseband. As expected, Wifi is broken, but everything else seems to be ok. Had to edit the update script to remove the assert failed ([Q] assert failed getprop ro.product.device - xda-developers).

This is the last time I'm buying a phone that's not officially supported by CM. Too much headache to get the basic stuff working.

You shouldn't use a new BB rom with an old BB kernel. Use ICS beta4 funny sim found on xda with raeynes .35 kernel found in these forums. Everything works for me although battery drain is a bit excessive and the performance is just slightly slow.

AdictoDigital

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello!!! :cool:

My cellphones:

LG Phoenix (P505) ---> Stock 2.3.4 ROM (ROOTed)
LG Thrive (P506) -----> Stock 2.2.1 ROM (ROOTed)

I want to try some ROMs on my LG Thrive... I need some advice... :p

Thanx!!! :)

mixmax1982

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
"I'm using the CM7 nightly (CyanogenMod Downloads) with the the stock GB kernel (Stock GB Kernel for LG P505) with 20F baseband. As expected, Wifi is broken, but everything else seems to be ok"
chiphead Please try davesatan25 WIFI Fix kernel for broken WiFI in CM. Please report!!

Reactions: chiphead

joeyneeb

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
Hello!!! :cool:

My cellphones:

LG Phoenix (P505) ---> Stock 2.3.4 ROM (ROOTed)
LG Thrive (P506) -----> Stock 2.2.1 ROM (ROOTed)

I want to try some ROMs on my LG Thrive... I need some advice... :p

Thanx!!! :)

I am using SlimGen 1.3 with Joban's #8 Kernel. Everything works on it. I have tried others but always get the com.phone.android error messsage and nothing works. so far I have been running the Slimgen rom for about 2 weeks and it is perfect

Reactions: AdictoDigital

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte15