Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

ROM
    Stock 2.2.2

Default Re: HOW TO: Clock Workrecovery Mod ( CWM )

Nothing out of the ordinary. Exactly the same as mine, except for me it worked.

I don't understand why it isn't working :\

Did you try the terminal method with the recovery.img I uploaded last night? Did that work for you?
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #27  

ROM
    Stock 2.3.4 rooted

yeah I got as far as this line and it could find what I was looking for

cat /sdcard/flash_image > /system/xbin/flash_image

you dont suppose its because I mounted /system in the mount -o remount rw /system part

mounting only last as long as the system is power right?

ROM
    Stock 2.2.2

Whether or not the recovery.img works will give me a better idea of what needs to be looked at and changed. Yes, /system is supposed to be mounted for this.

Simplified steps for you to try:

1. Download flash_image.zip attached to this post and Recovery.rar from this post. Unzip and unrar both and put them on your SD Card

2. Install

3. Open Terminal Emulator

4. Enter the following one line at a time. Not entering the $ and #

Code:
    $ su

# mount -o remount rw /system

# cat /sdcard/flash_image > /system/xbin/flash_image

# chmod 755 /system/xbin/flash_image

# flash_image recovery /sdcard/Recovery.img

# mount -o remount ro /system

# reboot recovery
    Attached Files Attached Files
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #29  

ROM
    Stock 2.3.4 rooted

No dice. It looked like it was working wrote all the blocks with no errors rebooted and everything is still blue.

I have CWM v5.0.2.0 if that makes a difference
    and I get an error everytime I boot to recovery that doesnt seem to make any difference

E:Bad boot message
    "recovery "

ROM
    Stock 2.2.2

Can't understand why it's not working on your phone. I have the same version installed, and the bad boot message is a known issue with Optimus recovery. It's no big issue.

I'm gonna try Joban's kernel and upload a new recovery.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HOW TO:  Clock Workrecovery Mod ( CWM )-imgp0043.jpg  
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #31  

ROM
    Stock 2.3.4 rooted

The only thing I can think that I might have done differently than you is I had to do the Fastboot fix using the KDZ files and then start from scratch but as far as I know that shouldn't effect things.

ROM
    Stock 2.2.2

Recovery with Joban's kernel completely breaks. So that's a dead end.

That shouldn't effect things at all.

I even flashed the same ROM & kernel as you and it still worked for me. I'm looking around the web to try to find a boot.img from the stock AT&T firmware, but I'm not having much luck.

The only thing I can think of is something is different in the stock kernel for Rogers and AT&T.

Once I can find a boot.img I'll try it out and update the thread!
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #33  

ROM
    Stock 2.3.4 rooted

Do you have Rogers or AT&T? Im using AT&T

ROM
    Stock 2.2.2

I'm using Rogers.

Found the original V10E for AT&T, working on it now..

ROM
    stock 2.3.4 rooted

nice work guys. looks like this phone is starting to come out the box.

ROM
    Stock 2.2.2

I tried with the V10e kernel, but that bricks the phone. V10c kernel works, but only on P505r it seems.

As of now, I'm lost as to what the issue is. Hopefully a few more people can try the update package located here and report back. Whether it works or not, your phone will still be operational.

I'm currently looking at building an original recovery for the Phoenix from the CWM source code. Will report back in a few days with an update to that.
    Banned

ROM
    CM7 Overclocked 768MHz

Quote Originally Posted by steven0291 View Post
    I tried with the V10e kernel, but that bricks the phone. V10c kernel works, but only on P505r it seems.

As of now, I'm lost as to what the issue is. Hopefully a few more people can try the update package located here and report back. Whether it works or not, your phone will still be operational.

I'm currently looking at building an original recovery for the Phoenix from the CWM source code. Will report back in a few days with an update to that.
    LOL seems like everyone here is making their own roms.
    Banned

ROM
    CM7 Overclocked 768MHz

ahaha but its still funny how this guy has no clue whats soo ever on whats hes saying! Plus he got the CMW from xda.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #39  

ROM
    Stock 2.3.4 rooted

So Joban any idea why its working on his phone but not mine? Have you come across anything in your travels that would indicated what the problem is. Is this something that we need to build for the Rogers and the AT&T seperate? I have no idea how to do it just guessing.
    Banned

ROM
    CM7 Overclocked 768MHz

Quote Originally Posted by donavan View Post
    So Joban any idea why its working on his phone but not mine? Have you come across anything in your travels that would indicated what the problem is. Is this something that we need to build for the Rogers and the AT&T seperate? I have no idea how to do it just guessing.
    sorry i havent read through all the pages, so whats ur problem again?
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #41  

ROM
    Stock 2.3.4 rooted

Long story short Steven0291 built a cusotm CWM that fixed the colors. But it appears to only work on his phone. I have tried flashing it several times several ways but it does nothing on my phone I still get the nasty blue/green look. The only difference we can see between our two phones is that he got his from Rogers and I got mine from AT&T. He said he was able to get it working by creating his own image using the stock P505 Kernel rather than the P500 Kernel that isntalls with CWM.
    Banned

ROM
    CM7 Overclocked 768MHz

ok? but why does it matter? cant u just handle the colors for 5secs?
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #43  

ROM
    Stock 2.3.4 rooted

Oh I can totally deal with the colors, its just that he was working on it and I figured heck why not have the pretty colors. Its not like I'm going to loose sleep over it or anything.

This may be a dumb question. I'm following the tutorial in the first post, but Rom Manager doesn't have an option for P500. Do I just choose P500 phone from the list like Optimus One or V? Thanks.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #45  

ROM
    Stock 2.3.4 rooted

Sorry about that they changed the ROM Manager at some point it used to say P500. The P500 is the Optimus One. I will correct that in the how-to.
    Thanked by:

No problem. Thank you for the tutorial.

I downloaded joban's kernal and a rom to install it over on my rooted thrive. The problem I'm having is installing cwm via rom manager. I downloaded the app, select optimus one, then flash it to the rom and make a backup. When I reboot my phone, I get the andriod unpackaging icon, then my phone reboots and when it loads, my phone has been factory reset. I know that home+ volume key+power equals reset. Which keys do I use to get it to boot to cwm? I was able to manage to get into adroid recovery a few times but was unable to select any fuctions, only move the highlighted selection via the volume button. I'm assuming the android recovery I was in is cwm, but the only options I get are update.zip, reboot, and 2 others. From what I have seen from screenshots, cwm has more options than this. Am I booting into a factory recovery? What am I missing here? Btw I'm on a 506 thrive on att.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #48  

ROM
    Stock 2.3.4 rooted

I don't think you have flashed everything correctly, try flashing CWM again using the ROM Manger. When your done you should be able to boot to a screen that looks like the attached image except blue. If it doesn't say Clockwork Recovery at the top you your not use CWM.

BTW the image is not mine I found it from google and the orginal site has nothing to do with what we are talking about but in an spirit of giving credit where credit is due the site is
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HOW TO:  Clock Workrecovery Mod ( CWM )-phone.jpg  

ROM
    stock 2.3.4 rooted

Quote Originally Posted by kb1982 View Post
    I downloaded joban's kernal and a rom to install it over on my rooted thrive. The problem I'm having is installing cwm via rom manager. I downloaded the app, select optimus one, then flash it to the rom and *make a backup*.
    what are you useing to "make a back up"? i hope you are not useing rom manager app. if holding Home Vol-down power after flash CWM doesnt boot you into CWM the flash was unsucksesful. Or if you are useing the rom manager app other than to flash, it could be whats messin you up.

The Thrive 506 is slightly different from the Phoenix 505 and for this reason the Optimus One CWM doesnt play nice. In some cases it has sent people into fast boot hell (myself included).

What you will need to do is flash the custom CWM for the Thrive built by Raeyne

There doesnt appear to be a way to flash a custom CWM from within ROM manager, but maybe someone else know how. Otherwise:

remove/reinsert battery; use power+home to get to fastboot;

The from there follow the instructions below to replace the Optimus One CWM with the custom Thrive 506 CWM.

PLEASE NOTE in STEP 5 that you should get the recovery image created by Raenye (here)

Use that recovery image and it will allow you to get into Clockworkmod from which you should be to do all the fun things that you want.
    Thanked by 3:
    donavan likes this.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast