Screen moves to the right with Optimus One rom

Viper11509

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Hello I am new here and getting used to doing things with this phone (I was a HTC Aria owner.)

But I have a LG Phoenix now (Absolutely love it!) and having a little problem with a rom (it's for the Optimus One) called SonygenMod.

I installed it with Joban's kernel, I got it to work and all correctly but it'll randomly transition the screen to the right messing the whole screen up and the only fix is to reboot the phone. I am just wondering if there is anything I can do to prevent this.

Thanks guys!

Mike

Viper11509

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Ahh yes I am overclocking it, have you ever had any trouble with it?

But let me run 600Mhz instead of 787Mhz and see if it don't do it.

Thanks!

CrackerTeg

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I experienced the issue no matter what clock I used. As soon as I overclocked and used the performance profile, the screen shift issue was fixed. 729 is the most stable for me. Anything higher and I get the screen shift or kernel panic reboot. SetCPU is your friend btw. Let me know if you have any questions.

Reactions: Viper11509

Viper11509

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Hmm I been using CPU tuner because it was all I used when I had my Aria, but I been running my phone for about 10 minutes with performance profile and clocked to 806Mhz I don't see the screen shifting to the right now. Before with CPU tuner and at 806Mhz it seemed to shift to the right about half an inch every 2 minutes so seems to be working if not I'll try 729.

I would've never knew it was because of overclocking my phone.

I Thanked all 3 of you,

Mike

thrivin

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
FWIW, depending on the ROM you may or may not need a secondary CPU app.. Oxygen ROM for example lets you overclock in the settings. I was running into conflicts when I had both up and running.

Also, without having any scientific basis for this, I've found that by gradually stepping up the overclock from 600 (ie moving it up one level and staying there for a day or more, before trying the next level) that I have managed to keep the phone stable. I am currently up to 768mhz. Not sure why that is, its almost like it needed to "get in shape" before it could handle the higher clock speeds.

Final note. Higher speed doesnt always equal better.

Good luck.

brberie

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
My guess would be governors settings. Just set it up to performance and it seems to work fine. Any other settings are giving me the same issue

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21