Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Have a question

Okay so here I go.... I have right now a LG Phoenix P505 Blue running on at&t's network I was thinking about switching to straight talk I know where i live straight talk uses at&t's gsm network. so in theory if I buy the nokia e71 I should be able to take the sim from it and use it in my phoenix. would I be thinking right on that?

ROM
    stock 2.3.4 rooted

Default Re: Have a question

First off ...why didnt you post this is the thread that was here already.?
    As to your question i would think it to work. Worst case you will need to unlock your phone. Unlocking is for the sim, no root needed, just alows you to use any sim in the phone. I recomend you do a little homework on unlocking to make sure. It does cost a little to get the code, but not much. Under $10. Do post yer findings.

If this helps hit the thanks button.

ROM
    Stock 2.3.4 rooted

Dont waste the money call AT&T and tell them your wanting to travel outside the US and tell them you want to use your phone overseas with a different carrier, they will try to tell you they offer service but just insist that you will be there a while and it will cost more to do it their way. Ask them for the unlock code for your phone they should give it too you with out a lot of issue.
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by LifesGoodPhoenix View Post
    First off ...why didnt you post this is the thread that was here already.?
    As to your question i would think it to work. Worst case you will need to unlock your phone. Unlocking is for the sim, no root needed, just alows you to use any sim in the phone. I recomend you do a little homework on unlocking to make sure. It does cost a little to get the code, but not much. Under $10. Do post yer findings.

If this helps hit the thanks button.
    Sorry some people get mad when you bump there thread... and I will keep you posted on if it works I just ordered the straight talk phone I will be using I got the Nokia E71 figure if the sim don't work in my phoenix I still got a decent phone to use (i think)

I just bought a LG Thrive, everything works on it, except the MMS. My service is through Straight Talk. How Do I get the MMS to work?

ROM
    stock 2.3.4 rooted

best bet is to call straight talk and have them walk you through the steps on setting it up.
    as they have the right numbers for you.

How can i delete messages that say no subject and won't delete

I have all these messages in my phone that say no subject and the date says dec,31 ,1969 I've tryed to delete so many times still there please someone help?