1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    MMatt v1.1/Joban2.8

Smile [How to] Loaded wrong rom on P505?

I loaded an optimus one ROM on my LG Phoenix, and I thought I was lost. But then, I fixed my phone. Since I'm a nice person, I'll share how I did it with you.

Step 1: Install Clockwork Mod Recovery on your LG Phoenix, then boot into recovery ( Go into ROM manager, at the top select "Install Clockwork Recovery" it will prompt you with a "Confirm phone model" pop-up, you will notice your phone isn't on here, that's okay; select "Optimus one". Now turn off your phone. Turn on your phone but immediately press Home Button+Top volume button+power button)
    The clockwork controls are: Volume buttons: hover over tab
    Menu button(bottom left button)selects.

Step 2: Download this: And put it in a folder on your SD card.

Step 3: Download and put Joban's Kernel into the same folder as your ROM. (Get it here: Joban's Kernel 2.08 (Overclock, CM7 2.3.7 etc..) **Gyro Fixed**)

Step 4: In Clockwork recovery mode (step 1) Select: Install ZIP from SD card. Select the folder then select CyanogenMMattv1.1.zip. Once that is done: select Joban's Kernel in the folder and do the same process.

Reboot your phone and you should have a working phone!
    PS: The stock LG Phoenix ROM is here:
    Just put that ROM on the SD card instead of Cyangeon Mod ROM. Then follow the steps above.

Hope this helps, any questions please ask, technical questions contact:

Obviously some people don't appreciate help..
    Last edited by Slimeythrfrog; 01-12-2012 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Jackasses

Default Re: [How to] Loaded wrong rom on P505?

Dude are you trying to get points for the most useless posts?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    MMatt v1.1/Joban2.8

Are you trying to troll just because you don't have this phone? This is a painful process figuring how to made you Phoenix work in this situation. Go Google "Lg Phoenix wrong ROM", does it say anything like this? A guide perhaps? NO! So, say nice things, or none at all. This is for the LG Phoenix, not trolling

ROM
    stock 2.3.4 rooted

Were not trolling. We do have Phoenix/thrive. Your info is redundant. Weve had this info scenes October, right after I soft bricked my phone. Yes it is a pain.
    Were just stating you should have read the other threads before posting.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ROM
    MMatt v1.1/Joban2.8

May you point me to one of these threads? I can't find one.

"Then go to CMW recovery and first do WIPE/Factory Reset and then choose Install from Zip and then select the rom you have downloaded on the SD card and flash it.

After that reboot your phone and let it go into OS. At this point you'll see all the colors are distorted and stuff, but dont worry just go back to the CWM recovery and then flash my kernel.

And if you flash the CM7 which comes without any Google apps or the market, then just go to Rom Manager and go to the Download Rom section and go under Google and install the latest Gapp. Your phone will reboot and you'll have Google back. "

Post #1 of Joban thread, you know, the one where you got his kernal.

Try not to be such a jackass
    Thanked by:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

ROM
    MMatt v1.1/Joban2.8

What if you didn't know about Joban's kernel. You'd be lost. I made this because I thought nobody knew. You stop being the jackass, and leave this post for HELP. Man, people on the internet are so rude; I'm just trying to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Slimeythrfrog View Post
    What if you didn't know about Joban's kernel. You'd be lost. I made this because I thought nobody knew. You stop being the jackass, and leave this post for HELP. Man, people on the internet are so rude; I'm just trying to help.
    Seriously dude. You thought nobody knew. The thread has like 30,000 views. Are you insane?

Heres the deal, you say you want to help, but be honest, you dont. You want to come on the board and start throwing out advice and posts that are completely ripped off from other posts. You want to act like you know something when you dont.

The people that help are guys like Donovan and LifesGoodPhoenix, Real advice, real help,

Every single one of your posts was completely useless.

1. How do I connect to my work email---your response:
    try to do the same thing on a 3g connection. If that doesn't work, then just take your phone's battery out, let it sit for a few minutes, put it back in. If that doesn't work, try to reconfig your network (IE: Reentering wifi password.). Else(!contact == yahoo support)

FAIL

2. Any word on 2.3 --your response:
    My forum '[How to] loaded wrong from on P505?" shows how to get 2.3.7 on the LG Phoenix.

RIPPED OFF

3. Stock firmware needed please--your response:
    Look at my guide. I have a step-by-step LG Phoenix STOCK (.kdz) guide.

RIPPED OFF.

I could keep going but I wont.
    Thanked by:
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

ROM
    MMatt v1.1/Joban2.8

I searched FOREVER on how to fix my phone. I finally found out. I got Joban's Kernel from megaupload, I didn't read his post. I thought I would share how to fix it if you were still looking. I honestly thought this would help people. Man you guys can be so rude a guy who just wants to help.

ROM
    stock 2.3.4 rooted

Alright ...were done. This has gotten out of perspective. I apologize if I came off as rude.

Enough non sends u guys should organize what could fix ra problem instead of wasting blog space to complain the solution should b what matter$!
    Thanked by:
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

ROM
    MMatt v1.1/Joban2.8

Thank you! Someone that doesn't waste my time!!

Hello there,

I've loaded wrong rom on my phoenix and don't know how to get it back to stock rom. I have stock rom on my sd card. Phone is rooted and CMR. I can't get the phone to install the rom. I cant even get the CMR screen after you turn it on with power+volume up+home buttons.

Pls help.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

ROM
    MMatt v1.1/Joban2.8

To boot into recovery:

Hold the home button to power up, now, immediately , do not wait at ALL, HOLD (MAKE SURE YOU HOLD AND NOT PRESS ONCE) the home+volume up+power button. You should boot into recovery mode. If this doesn't work, make sure you have clockworkmodrecovery installed.

Cheers, ~Slimey

Ok now that thats over.....LOL
    I still have a problem with my lg p505r I got it bact to the point where the android logo keeps resetting.

But thats it I have 2 choices Emergency mode or resetting logo.
    unless you count the charging battery image in really bad colors
    I have a working KDZ and a downloaded gingerbreak.apk file
    where 2 from here boyz.

Thanks

thank to Slimeythrfrog I think i found recovery and it boots the basic update so noe to gingerbreak Hooot
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

ROM
    MMatt v1.1/Joban2.8

If the colors are messed up, download Joban's Kernel in the first post, upload it to your SD card, boot into recovery, select "Install zip from SD CARD" > pick the folder you put Joban's Kernel in, select that, select yes, wait for it to finish, reboot. I don't understand most of what you said, so please rephrase it. )

Could somebody reupload the file? please
    Last edited by shaorand; 04-04-2012 at 02:30 PM. Reason: Writting error

ROM
    Stock 2.3.4 rooted

Quote Originally Posted by shaorand View Post
    Could somebody reupload the file? please
    if you're looking for Joban's old kernel you can find them in my post for the CosmicExperia if its not could you please specify what files you were looking for?

Quote Originally Posted by donavan View Post
    if you're looking for Joban's old kernel you can find them in my post for the CosmicExperia if its not could you please specify what files you were looking for?
    I'll try the CosmicExperia ROM, but if you want to help, also I want the CyanogenMMattv1.1 ROM

ROM
    Stock 2.3.4 rooted

Quote Originally Posted by shaorand View Post
    I'll try the CosmicExperia ROM, but if you want to help, also I want the CyanogenMMattv1.1 ROM
    I might still have those files on my laptop but I found that the battery life and a few other issues were better off in cosmicexperia.

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 2.3.4 (NBB)

CyanogenMMattv1.1 ROM sucks battery hard. I lost 30-40% battery overnight. If I remember correctly, the bluetooth didn't work right, either. I don't think anyone has kept it on for very long.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

ROM
    MMatt v1.1/Joban2.8

Well, I am currently using Mattv1.1 and don't have any complaints with it so far. I just charge it at night, wake up, charged! Lasts me a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Slimeythrfrog View Post
    Well, I am currently using Mattv1.1 and don't have any complaints with it so far. I just charge it at night, wake up, charged! Lasts me a day.
    Updated links to CyanogenMMattv1.1, as it is getting hard to find. I used it successfully yesterday to update my LG Phoenix P505 to Gingerbread 2.3.5

Here's a link to Joban's Kernel, 'Joban-2.08-Kernel.zip'

*** I have since moved on to 'A8-CyanogenMod-7.2.0-RC0-OptimusOne-KANG-signed' ROM used with 'Joban-2.08-Kernel' fix on my old base band P505, referenced at the link below. It works better.

List of Compatible Roms for LG Phoenix
    Last edited by RodLightning; 02-17-2013 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RodLightning View Post
    Updated links to CyanogenMMattv1.1, as it is getting hard to find. I used it successfully yesterday to update my LG Phoenix P505 to Gingerbread 2.3.5

Here's a link to Joban's Kernel, 'Joban-2.08-Kernel.zip'

*** I have since moved on to 'A8-CyanogenMod-7.2.0-RC0-OptimusOne-KANG-signed' ROM used with 'Joban-2.08-Kernel' fix on my old base band P505, referenced at the link below. It works better.

List of Compatible Roms for LG Phoenix
    This is a very outdated method now, and uses very outdated roms. Use my cm7 method to use any p500 GB rom, or...

Upgrade to this ics kernel:

And then pick an ICS 4.0.4 rom that you like here :

Everything works, in fact, it works better on ICS than it does on GB.
    Last edited by korrectmethod; 02-18-2013 at 03:51 PM.