HOW TO- Flash New Bandbase

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Umm did I miss the post about the kernel somewhere? Or are you still working on it and just released the baseband?

LifesGoodPhoenix

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
base band is for frequency for the phone to communicate on. the reason for the new base band is probably because of 4G network. now you can choose old or new. but you wont get new roms with old bb.

now as far as i can tell on who would need to flash new bb this way are the one that didnt choose to get the official GB update. so everyone that has rooted there froyo and have been playin with roms, and dont want to upgrade and deal with rooting again will have to flash this way.
if you have GB 2.3.4 you should just have to root it get recovery and then youll beable to flash roms and the new kernel.

anyone do correct me if i am wrong , or confirm if i am not off my rocker:)

Reactions: iosdemolisher

tsav87

May 20, 2011
Visit site
JS i have a LG Thrive, and this times out and says "Emergency Ready!"

I also have a thrive, it says this when trying to download the IMEI....

It happens after the "Choose your phone, click Connect" part of your instructions

Last edited:

LifesGoodPhoenix

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
get LG mobile support tool and upgrade to GB
root it
flash CWM or TWRP recovery
put rom and kernel on sd card
boot into recovery and flash, be sure to reboot between flashes. yes you can reboot to recovery, to count as reboot.

if you need clearer more indepth instructions go to proper HOW TO. or thread

if ive helped hit thanks button.

Reactions: AdictoDigital

LifesGoodPhoenix

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
get the LG mobile support tool and upgrade to GB.!!!(safest and easiest way to get nbb)
rooting it is pretty easy. page 7 or so in the EASIEST WAY TO ROOT PHOENIX\THRIVE thread i have a post for a link on how to do it with superone click.

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site
is that a verified way to root on the new update? If so I will update the how to so that it has those steps included.

temwt2

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Well I had no problems with those instructions for my Phoenix after I upgraded to the stock gingerbread. I have been rooted since last week.

peppi911t

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
My kid has this phone (I HTC so I really not that up to date on LG roots and processes) and I want to upgrade his baseband so I can flash a newer ROM. With this method will I be able to update it?Also what kernel will I use if I do this? Joban's kernel is based on old baseband right? Also could you link the LG tool.

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site
My kid has this phone (I HTC so I really not that up to date on LG roots and processes) and I want to upgrade his baseband so I can flash a newer ROM. With this method will I be able to update it?Also what kernel will I use if I do this? Joban's kernel is based on old baseband right? Also could you link the LG tool.

You can get the tool from LG's support site ... however be warned if you decide to go to the newbaseband and jobans kernel will infact not work completely and raeyne has bailed on her kernel I guess so right now ROMing with the new base band is iffy, but work is being done to get a new kernel that is community supported for the .35 source code in hopes of getting ICS to run on our phones.

peppi911t

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
You can get the tool from LG's support site ... however be warned if you decide to go to the newbaseband and jobans kernel will infact not work completely and raeyne has bailed on her kernel I guess so right now ROMing with the new base band is iffy, but work is being done to get a new kernel that is community supported for the .35 source code in hopes of getting ICS to run on our phones.

What would you suggest? I wanted to flash some of the new ROMS but if there is no good kernel then what's the use?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1