Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Banned

ROM
    CM7 Overclocked 768MHz

Default HOW TO- Flash New Bandbase

Delete!= thread!
    Last edited by joban; 02-17-2012 at 03:15 PM.
    Thanked by:
    PacketBoy likes this.

ROM
    Stock 2.3.4 rooted

Default Re: HOW TO- Flash New Bandbase

Umm did I miss the post about the kernel somewhere? Or are you still working on it and just released the baseband?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    Banned

ROM
    CM7 Overclocked 768MHz

Dont flash until kernel .35 released!

ROM
    Stock 2.3.4 rooted

yeah I wasn't planning on flashing this yet just wondered if I had missed the kernel somewhere.

hahah wow I'm not smart. I tried flashing Jobans nbb.zip because i was too lazy to read. XD

JS i have a LG Thrive, and this times out and says "Emergency Ready!"

ROM
    Arjen P505 ICS/ CM9

forgive me, but wat does flashing a new baseband do

ROM
    CM9 4.0.4/CM10 (Testing)

Do I have to do this on my phone as well?

Sent from my LG-P505 using Tapatalk

ROM
    stock 2.3.4 rooted

base band is for frequency for the phone to communicate on. the reason for the new base band is probably because of 4G network. now you can choose old or new. but you wont get new roms with old bb.

now as far as i can tell on who would need to flash new bb this way are the one that didnt choose to get the official GB update. so everyone that has rooted there froyo and have been playin with roms, and dont want to upgrade and deal with rooting again will have to flash this way.
    if you have GB 2.3.4 you should just have to root it get recovery and then youll beable to flash roms and the new kernel.

anyone do correct me if i am wrong , or confirm if i am not off my rocker
    Thanked by:
    iosdemolisher and PacketBoy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bownz View Post
    JS i have a LG Thrive, and this times out and says "Emergency Ready!"
    I also have a thrive, it says this when trying to download the IMEI....

It happens after the "Choose your phone, click Connect" part of your instructions
    Last edited by tsav87; 02-14-2012 at 07:55 PM.
    bownz likes this.

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

Hey joban could you update this so I could install your new awesome .35 kernel? Thanks

ROM
    stock 2.3.4 rooted

get LG mobile support tool and upgrade to GB
    root it
    flash CWM or TWRP recovery
    put rom and kernel on sd card
    boot into recovery and flash, be sure to reboot between flashes. yes you can reboot to recovery, to count as reboot.

if you need clearer more indepth instructions go to proper HOW TO. or thread

if ive helped hit thanks button.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

What if i'm on joban's .32 kernel?

ROM
    stock 2.3.4 rooted

get the LG mobile support tool and upgrade to GB.!!!(safest and easiest way to get nbb)
    rooting it is pretty easy. page 7 or so in the EASIEST WAY TO ROOT PHOENIX\THRIVE thread i have a post for a link on how to do it with superone click.

ROM
    Stock 2.3.4 rooted

is that a verified way to root on the new update? If so I will update the how to so that it has those steps included.

ROM
    stock for now

Well I had no problems with those instructions for my Phoenix after I upgraded to the stock gingerbread. I have been rooted since last week.

ROM
    stock 2.3.4 rooted

Confirmed. I am rooted stock 2.3.4

My kid has this phone (I HTC so I really not that up to date on LG roots and processes) and I want to upgrade his baseband so I can flash a newer ROM. With this method will I be able to update it?Also what kernel will I use if I do this? Joban's kernel is based on old baseband right? Also could you link the LG tool.

ROM
    Stock 2.3.4 rooted

Quote Originally Posted by peppi911t View Post
    My kid has this phone (I HTC so I really not that up to date on LG roots and processes) and I want to upgrade his baseband so I can flash a newer ROM. With this method will I be able to update it?Also what kernel will I use if I do this? Joban's kernel is based on old baseband right? Also could you link the LG tool.
    You can get the tool from LG's support site ... however be warned if you decide to go to the newbaseband and jobans kernel will infact not work completely and raeyne has bailed on her kernel I guess so right now ROMing with the new base band is iffy, but work is being done to get a new kernel that is community supported for the .35 source code in hopes of getting ICS to run on our phones.

Quote Originally Posted by donavan View Post
    You can get the tool from LG's support site ... however be warned if you decide to go to the newbaseband and jobans kernel will infact not work completely and raeyne has bailed on her kernel I guess so right now ROMing with the new base band is iffy, but work is being done to get a new kernel that is community supported for the .35 source code in hopes of getting ICS to run on our phones.
    What would you suggest? I wanted to flash some of the new ROMS but if there is no good kernel then what's the use?

and raeyne has bailed on her kernel I guess so right now ROMing with the new base band is iffy
    Raeyne's kernel is perfectly useable. As long as you don't want to overclock. Aside from that EVERYTHING works with it.

ROM
    Stock 2.3.4 rooted

Quote Originally Posted by korrectmethod View Post
    Raeyne's kernel is perfectly useable. As long as you don't want to overclock. Aside from that EVERYTHING works with it.
    Wait I thought Raeyne's had issues with wifi or the 3g. I would love to not have to bother with figuring out this damn kernel if both of these work (along with the rest of the important stuff). Me personally I could careless about the overclocking it does squat for our phones in reality except eat the battery and overheat the phone. Sure its good for bragging rights but as far as usability it doesn't do much.

Wait I thought Raeyne's had issues with wifi or the 3g. I would love to not have to bother with figuring out this damn kernel if both of these work (along with the rest of the important stuff). Me personally I could careless about the overclocking it does squat for our phones in reality except eat the battery and overheat the phone. Sure its good for bragging rights but as far as usability it doesn't do much.
    hehe. I've said several times in replies that absolutely everything aside from overclocking works with raeyne's kernel. Have you even tried the kernel for yourself yet?

I have the CM9 beta 4 with the nbb v20f working with davestan kernel (Help with Wi-Fi issue).

Working is the operating word, as it's not 100% stable and some features like Youtube/MX player don't have smooth playback and GPS takes about a minute to lock-on. The version of CM9 is also no longer supported. ([UNOFFICIAL][DEV/GEEKS-ONLY] Cyanogenmod 9 (Android 4.0.3)[BETA4][KANG TEST BUILD] - xda-developers). I've had the phone spontaneously reboot on several occasions.

CM7 is more stable/usable from my experience.

ROM
    CM9 Arjen's P505 Build

Quote Originally Posted by chiphead View Post
    I have the CM9 beta 4 with the nbb v20f working with davestan kernel (Help with Wi-Fi issue).

Working is the operating word, as it's not 100% stable and some features like Youtube/MX player don't have smooth playback and GPS takes about a minute to lock-on. The version of CM9 is also no longer supported. ([UNOFFICIAL][DEV/GEEKS-ONLY] Cyanogenmod 9 (Android 4.0.3)[BETA4][KANG TEST BUILD] - xda-developers). I've had the phone spontaneously reboot on several occasions.

CM7 is more stable/usable from my experience.
    Excuse me, if i'm ignorant or something, but what is that kernel you're talking about, the davestan kernel
    Last edited by gabo_lope; 05-11-2012 at 03:27 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast