Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By joban
  • 1 Post By Inspector-Archundia
  • 1 Post By Inspector-Archundia
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    CM7 RC2

Default LG Logo keeps flashing?

So my Phoenix died earlier today, and when I plugged it into a charger, it keeps flashing the LG logo and then repeating that, until I unplug it. I let it do that for a while just to charge, but the phone won't turn on at all now. Holding down the power button won't do anything. Taking the battery out and plugging the charger in causes the same thing to happen.

I'm running Jobans kernel 2.08, and CyanogenMmatt

EDIT: Its fixed now. Does anyone know if a different charger can cause something like that? Cause I was using a different one, but when I plugged in the original LG charger, it worked
    Last edited by theholyfork; 02-14-2012 at 09:07 PM.
    Banned

ROM
    CM7 Overclocked 768MHz

Default Re: LG Logo keeps flashing?

Yea i had this happen! Its because the voltage differnce and when your phone goes completly dead you need a powerful boost to bring it back!

Damn, well that's something to know, lol. I wonder if the same thing can happen with the thrive, as well?

ROM
    Stock 2.3.4 rooted

yeah it can happen on any phone. You can use a lower amperage charger it just takes longer to charge. It wont hurt the battery or the phone but it might make you insane waiting.

Well I've generally charged any device (android or not) I have mostly through my USB on my laptop. I'd assume the voltage is lower there since I've never really had any issues with screen flipouts.

ROM
    CyanogenMMatt+Joban 2.08

My thrive is having the same problem, battery drained totally, and now phone wont turn on!!! it gets stuck on lg logo its plugged to the wall charger and no good. Please help!!

Then give it TIME to charge before you start panicking.....

If you let the battery completely drain out then of course it's more than likely not gonna cut on until it has enough "juice" to do so.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    CyanogenMMatt+Joban 2.08

Battery doesnt charge at all, i left it all night plugged in, stuck on lg logo and when i unplugged it inmediately turned off... i managed to charge the battery with a universal battery charger, but phone wont pass from lg logo, i can enter into emergency mode, but cant hard reset the phone!

ROM
    Stock 2.3.4 rooted

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector-Archundia View Post
    Battery doesnt charge at all, i left it all night plugged in, stuck on lg logo and when i unplugged it inmediately turned off... i managed to charge the battery with a universal battery charger, but phone wont pass from lg logo, i can enter into emergency mode, but cant hard reset the phone!

How long did you let the battery charge for? If its any less than 3 hrs you don't have a full charge no matter what charger you are using. IF its charged try the following. Take the battery out (not plugged in) and then press and hold the power button (this will discharge any static charge). Put the battery back in give it another trying. Also try booting the phone with just the power connected.

ROM
    CyanogenMMatt+Joban 2.08

I tried that but didn't work The battery is almost full. Only solution i see here is try to flash the phone with kdz

ROM
    CyanogenMMatt+Joban 2.08

I'm trying to flash stock 2.3.4 kdz file, following the tutorial. I installed usb drivers, but when i atempt to start flashing kdz file i get an error message saying it didnt recognize the phone! in device manager i can see "lg usb modem" but it has an exclamation sign next to it, so i assume there is some conflict with usb drivers... i'm on windows 7! thanks

i have this same problem going on wit my lg thrive now idk wats going on

Quote Originally Posted by donavan View Post
    how long did you let the battery charge for? If its any less than 3 hrs you don't have a full charge no matter what charger you are using. If its charged try the following. Take the battery out (not plugged in) and then press and hold the power button (this will discharge any static charge). Put the battery back in give it another trying. Also try booting the phone with just the power connected.
    i need help

Quote Originally Posted by inspector-archundia View Post
    battery doesnt charge at all, i left it all night plugged in, stuck on lg logo and when i unplugged it inmediately turned off... I managed to charge the battery with a universal battery charger, but phone wont pass from lg logo, i can enter into emergency mode, but cant hard reset the phone!
    i need help

ROM
    cm7.2 rc1/2.6.35.7-perf.

did you try charging from the usb on your desktop?thats what mine did,once it got enough juice to turn on,then i used the wall charger.

Mines is doing the same it won't come on unless I have an charger plugged into. It comes on,then it goes to the lg screen,then the logo's start to flash,then like 10min later it goes to a white screen and stays there. What kind of boost does it need? PLEASE HELP ME THIS IS MY ONLY OPTION!!!!!

I charge mines from my laptop all the time and thats what im doing now what to do

What kind of boost does it need.....???????

What you did???? PLEASE TELL ME!!! I'm going insane!!!!!!

Mines too..... Help me Please!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by donavan View Post
    how long did you let the battery charge for? If its any less than 3 hrs you don't have a full charge no matter what charger you are using. If its charged try the following. Take the battery out (not plugged in) and then press and hold the power button (this will discharge any static charge). Put the battery back in give it another trying. Also try booting the phone with just the power connected.
    i tried this and this doesnt work any other solutions please help im going delusional.

MEE TOO

Same thing just happened to me. Bought two new batteries, New battery opened up my thrive nicely ut drained completely even in a turned off position. Tried chargeing with usb and laptop, still the same. I have one new battery left but don't want to put it in the phone till I know what's going on. LG Thrive, have not even activated the phone yet.

My phone was stuck in fastboot mode started now the battery is down i have try to charge it using my laptop and charger it keeps flashing light on the screen without charging...... can you please help me..... LG p505 thats the model of the phone

I have a metro pcs phone, the admire or something, and it was working just fine yesterday but this morning (mind you the phone was fully charged) it shut off and when I tried to turn it back on, the Samsung logo kept flashing. It would look like it was turning on, then shut off, and repeat. I tried charging it but that's not working. It does the same thing with the battery picture. It shows up, then disappears. Help? :c