Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By PacketBoy
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default ___Cannot boot in clockworkmod recovery (LG P505)

___ I have LG P505 from AT@T (it is unlocked) Android 2.3.4 , I had rooted it . ( I have Titanium Backup installed).

I installed CWM recovery but the phone cannot boot in CWM....( it boot in the black screen and cannot see nothing ).

What do I do wrong ?

Thank you .......
    Last edited by doxul; 02-17-2012 at 07:39 PM.

Default Re: ___Cannot boot in clockworkmod recovery (LG P505)

When you flash cwm recovery, pick LGE Optimus One (Old BB) as the model. If you pick LGE Optimus One you'll only see black screen when you try to boot into recovery.
    Last edited by PacketBoy; 02-17-2012 at 09:17 PM.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

_Thank you so much , now works .....

didn't know I have to choose LGE Optimus One (Old BB) for LG phoenix .............

Talking Re: ___Cannot boot in clockworkmod recovery (LG P505)

Quote Originally Posted by PacketBoy View Post
    When you flash cwm recovery, pick LGE Optimus One (Old BB) as the model. If you pick LGE Optimus One you'll only see black screen when you try to boot into recovery.
    OMG !! I have been messing around with my LG Phoenix P505R (Canada) for MONTHS and have experienced only intermittent success at getting CWM Recovery to work. THIS solution needs far greater exposure to the Android Forums as I know this problem is common yet this SIMPLE solution not well documented.

Nicely done my friend and thanks again!

Rick

Smile Re: ___Cannot boot in clockworkmod recovery (LG P505)

Quote Originally Posted by PacketBoy View Post
    Thanks man. It worked for me too.

ROM
    Stock Froyo

Thanks so much for that solution, PacketBoy!

ROM
    Codename ICS 4.04

U mean for selecting things in CWM or accessing CWM? Your volume buttons act as the up and down. To confirm a selection hit the home button. To go back hit the back button on the hard keys.sorry if this was to long.

Sent from my LG-P505 using Android Central Forums

I am using ROM Manager Premium on an LG P505 Phoenex. Upgraded to Gingerbread 2.3.4 and I am rooted. Since upgrading to 2.3.4, it doesn't matter what option I choose in ROM Manager. They all reboot me into "Factory Data Reset". The Recovery setup is for LGE Optimus One (old BB) thunderg. No other devices are listed. Reboot into Recovery just does a factory data reset. So does Install ROM from SD Card. Under Backup and Restore, Backup Current ROM also invokes a data reset. I can't imagine what is wrong. I have had to reconfigure my phone four times now. Yes I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling.

ROM
    stock 2.3.4 rooted

i believe this info is in the HOW TO CWM thread. well ya figured out the obb issue.
    as for using rom manager with the thrive and phoenix, it has been known to soft brick the phone(personal experience). i suggest booting into CWM to use its functions.

Thank you. I reinstalled ROM manager in the correct order. That is, the free version and then the premium version. I dont know why it makes a difference, but apparently it does because it is working well now.