Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

ROM
    Stock 2.3.4 rooted

Default Re: .35 Gingerbread/ICS Kernal

Just an update for everyone. I am still working on the kernel, I had to reinstall my OS because of poor planning on my part when I initially installed Ubuntu, long story short I needed to more drive space and didnt have the ability to just resize the partition so I am reinstalling. The good news here is that I have learned a lot along the way and I will be starting fresh (I still have my data files and such so im not starting from scratch). I hope to have the OS back to build status by Monday my work schedule permitting. Just wanted to let everyone know I hadnt given up or anything like.
    Last edited by donavan; 04-14-2012 at 11:52 AM. Reason: typos

Quote Originally Posted by donavan View Post
    Just an update for everyone. I am still working on the kernel, I had to reinstall my OS because of poor planning on my part when I initially installed Ubuntu, long story short I needed to more drive space and didnt have the ability to just resize the partition so I am reinstalling. The good news here is that I have learned a lot along the way and I will be starting fresh (I still have my data files and such so im not starting from scratch). I hope to have the OS back to build status by Monday my work schedule permitting. Just wanted to let everyone know I hadnt given up or anything like.
    keep up the good work. seems theres a lot of people who would really appreciate the kernel.

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

That was like "BECAUSE [DELETED] YOU, THAT'S WHY"... it's really a shame joban was not supportive with the rest of us, xda devs don't get paid and still share their code for free... and they help a lot
    Last edited by Paul627g; 04-15-2012 at 05:18 PM. Reason: Language removed by moderator.

ROM
    CM9 4.0.4/CM10 (Testing)

Hey guys, needed to ask, what is loop device support?

ROM
    Stock 2.3.4 rooted

Quote Originally Posted by Oathkeeper1212 View Post
    Hey guys, needed to ask, what is loop device support?
    Loop device - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Thanked by:

ROM
    CM9 4.0.4/CM10 (Testing)

Do we have any kernels that support this?

ROM
    Stock 2.3.4 rooted

Just another kernel update after what seemed like an eternity I am getting somewhere in getting use a working Cyanogen ported kernel. I finally have all the files and I have the process down about 90% (still a little hazy in some areas). I tried making a build yesterday and it crapped out on me some errors dealing with a __delay of some sort I am trying to track it down now. I'm hoping its file compatibility issue I'm going to try a few things today and see if they fix it. If all goes as hoped I may have a working custom ported .35 kernel built from LG's source and ported to Cyanogenmod as per there instructions. If it works I will be sure to post the source where ever is the best place for future developers to work from. So far I have not changed any actual code just added a few files here and there so I don't really have any source code but I will try to get it uploaded to git or something when I get a complete working tool set.

ROM
    CM9 4.0.4/CM10 (Testing)

I just wanted to mention that the recent cm9 builds made by hehappy cannot be used with our phones anymore :-P when you flash the stock kernel it boots up to the splash screen and stays there.

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock 2.3.4 rooted

Quote Originally Posted by Oathkeeper1212 View Post
    I just wanted to mention that the recent cm9 builds made by hehappy cannot be used with our phones anymore :-P when you flash the stock kernel it boots up to the splash screen and stays there.

Thats because the stock kernel pretty different from CM9 ... even a cm7 kernel differs enough from stock to cause most roms to kick the bucket one way or another. CM9 from what I have read it seems that CM9 is actually implimenting the kernel differently than before, rather than building a zip file to flash over the ROM the kernel is somehow implimented into the build process of the ROM. Not sure if that means we cant flash the ROM with a custom kernel or not.

ROM
    CM9 4.0.4/CM10 (Testing)

Oh, bummer another note, i deleted the build.prop in Adfads funny sim fix and flashed it on cm9 and the rom booted but it doesn't detect the sd card, i dont know if thats good or bad but just wanted to tell you guys.

ROM
    stock gingerbread

i was just using hehappy two days ago

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk

ROM
    CM9 4.0.4/CM10 (Testing)

Wth how?

ROM
    stock gingerbread

r u talking about blu moon version

ROM
    CM9 4.0.4/CM10 (Testing)

sure, any build really

ROM
    stock gingerbread

that sucks. tried two different 9.0. Got nothing. i was wondering why so much talk about what kernel to use. now i know why.

ROM
    Stock 2.3.4 rooted

Ok for everyone out there think about starting to build your own kernel. OMG is it infuriating. The process itself is fairly straight foward... get files... get config... build. But what you will soon find out is there are like 3 people that really know what the hell there talking about and the rest of them are wannabee know-it all that either dont understand what your asking or dont know how to answer you. I have traveled down about 12 different paths trying to get us a good working kernel and everytime I get to where the zimage should be there all hell breaks loose somewhere because Im not using this version or that file, which wouldn't be an issue except I just got done reading how to do it and the wiki say to do exactly what was done and you find out it was completely wrong, so you start over...AGAIN!!!

You will get it donavan. All the sudden at some point it will click

Trust me I know the feeling, I've been attempting my own first builds from source of a ROM and repo sync's hasn't been as straight forward as they should be. I know eventually it will work out.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.

ROM
    CM9 4.0.4/CM10 (Testing)

Yep oh well.

ROM
    Arjen P505 ICS/ CM9

Quote Originally Posted by donavan View Post
    Ok for everyone out there think about starting to build your own kernel. OMG is it infuriating. The process itself is fairly straight foward... get files... get config... build. But what you will soon find out is there are like 3 people that really know what the hell there talking about and the rest of them are wannabee know-it all that either dont understand what your asking or dont know how to answer you. I have traveled down about 12 different paths trying to get us a good working kernel and everytime I get to where the zimage should be there all hell breaks loose somewhere because Im not using this version or that file, which wouldn't be an issue except I just got done reading how to do it and the wiki say to do exactly what was done and you find out it was completely wrong, so you start over...AGAIN!!!
    dont worry donavan, keep trying, we could ask franco for some help on this, thats what you-know-who did

Donavan I've been lurking for a long long time watching the development of a good solid kernel for our P505/P506's. If it helps and you need a crash test dummy to try out any kernels/ROMs let me know as I am no longer using my Thrive as my primary phone, but I am highly interested in eventually getting ICS to run on it.

Most importantly don't give up. I thought I'd killed my P506 several times through softbricks and boot loops, but I always got it back up with patience. With enough time I'm sure you'll find the guidance to make the best kernel available for these devices.

ROM
    Stock 2.3.4 rooted

Oh Im not giving up I am still working on it I just realized my path was the wrong one and I needed to completely restart with different source code. At least I don't have to download all the AOSP repo's anymore there all on my system now. I just have to find the right combo of source code and chaintools and code modifications.

ROM
    stock gingerbread

hephappy funny sim. instaling now

ROM
    CM9 4.0.4/CM10 (Testing)

Can't use. We need the kernel with specific drivers in it.

ROM
    Arjen P505 ICS/ CM9

ya the hephappy or the aokp ics wont work

i have thrive, and i prefer stock roms, and when i try any gingerbread optimus one rom with the lastest kernel and patch posted here by raeneye (i guess)... everything works just fine, just a little bug on unlocking the cellphone, and when i enable 3g data i cant disable it again, even from settings menu and the quick launch button, the unchecked box (on settings menu) and the cross (on quick launch button) appears but i still having datta connection (YES, DISCONNECTED FROM WIFI OF COURSE)... any help?... sorry for my bad english
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617 ... LastLast