.35 Gingerbread/ICS Kernal

temwt2

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone that has a stock gingerbread updated phoenix been able to get a any custom rom working with data services? I understand that none of us have wifi yet. Apparently thrivin has been able to flash a baseband patch to his phone in order to get things to work with joban's .35 kernel and cm7. I have been unsuccessful so far.

kushkingz

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone that has a stock gingerbread updated phoenix been able to get a any custom rom working with data services? I understand that none of us have wifi yet. Apparently thrivin has been able to flash a baseband patch to his phone in order to get things to work with joban's .35 kernel and cm7. I have been unsuccessful so far.

you need to put in the right apn info

temwt2

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Well here is thing, when I go to the Access Point Names menu on any of the custom roms I have installed they are always blank. It looks like nothing is there. On stock gingerbread there is ATT WAP. Either way I add a new APN manually with the following settings.

Name: AT&T
APN: wap.cingular
Proxy: leave blank
Port: leave blank
Username:WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
Password:CINGULAR1
Server: leave blank
MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
MMS Port: 80
MCC:310
MNC:410 (note. this could also be 310, 41 or 15)
APN Type: leave blank

then I hit save, and everything goes away but there are still no apns listed. It's like as soon as I hit save it did the opposite. Anyway, after updating the apn several times it seems to have no affect on whether I have a data connection. Any ideas?

temwt2

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
So what I am trying to do now is edit the file apns-conf.xml because I suspect that some how these custom roms do not set up this file correctly. So far I have had no lock.

temwt2

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Well I tried every method from every forum I could find for about the last 7 hours. I even copied the apns-conf.xml file from my girlfriends stock gingerbread phoenix and copied over to mine and then gave is the appropriate permissions and owner/group. Everything I did had no change. No apn in the menu and after manually entering and putting in the values for mcc and mnc, the newly created apn just disappears. I don't understand what the deals is. If this was something that only happened on one rom then maybe it would be the rom, but this happens on my phoenix for any rom I flash. I am only flashing .35 kernel roms/nbb using joban's kernel.

theholyfork

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Not to sure if this'll be a fix, but it's worth asking. Is it possible that wifi isn't working because permissions aren't set properly?

Also, if the last $30 or so hasn't been donated in 2 weeks, I'll donate it. I just need to get my check first lol

temwt2

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I think there are plenty of users of phoenix/thrive out there but the exposure of this forum is limited or at least has been so far. I think someone that has an account on xda-forums should advertise for us over here. I don't know if that breaks there rules but since there isn't really support for our phones over there I don't think they will mind. Now that we supposedly have an actual dev working on things not that Joban wasn't also a dev, I think we can really get some more action.

Oathkeeper1212

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, thanks for all that your doing! and drew thanks a bunch! i wish i could donate but i am a sophomore so no money :( I REALLY WANNA DONATE THOUGH! So, can i help in ANY way? i really wanna do something to help since i cant donate :p

mixmax1982

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
FYI:
I was trying to inplement stock V20F kernel to custom V20E firmware and encountered the same wi-fi issue! Everything works just fine (data, bluetooth etc) with the exception of wi-fi. I tried to change /etc/wl files - same thing. So waitin for good .35 kernel..:)
P.S. I'm from Ukraine - how can I donate couple bucks to dev? PM me please.

thrivin

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Nothing like beating a dead horse, but if you can please make a contribution to drew who is helping us by building a bug free .35 kernel (ie one where wifi works).

As promised here are the instructions on how to test the buggy partially working .35 kernel on NEW baseband. This will allow you to try out all of the new .35/NBB based Roms on XDA, this is the direction that everyone is headed.

Key Points.

1. The instructions are for users still on OLD baseband.
2. The instructions should work for both Thrive and Phoenix Users.
3. As best I can tell, the process should be reversible
a. You are NOT flashing a KDZ, you are flashing a patch, so by wiping data, you can go back to OLD BASEBAND and the .32 kernel.
b.DISCLAIMER, I have NOT tried this yet.
4. You will have phone and data, but you will NOT have wifi
a. There have been some phoenix users that cannot get data, but I cant tell if that if a phoenix problem or something else.
5. As always, I cannot promise or guarantee you anything. If you phone melts into a pile of goo, it is not my fault.

On to the actual instructions:

1.. Get official CM7

CyanogenMod Mirror Network - Powered by TDRevolution

or (Oxygen http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1325386)

Both are .35 based and have active dev's on them. I had a glitch with Oxygen where no matter what, the ringer wouldnt sound.

2. Get the baseband patch (attached): original thread ([[Fixed][15-1-12]Old baseband fixed - xda-developers)

3. Get .35 kernel (attached)
3.a Put all 3 files on your SD card
4. Go into CWM
5. Wipe data
6. Flash CM7 or Oxygen
7. Flash the baseband patch
8. Reboot.
9. Let everything fully load (colors should be off)
10. Go back into CWM
11. Flash Joban .35 kernel.
12. Reboot

Thats it.

I assume you know all the other stuff about backing up your data etc.

Enjoy.

Kernel removed by admin because of GPL violation.
Please only support developers who abide by the license covering the source code they are using,

Last edited by a moderator:

Oathkeeper1212

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Ok so a friend of mine has a P505 and he's getting data on it with ics 4.0.3 and jobans 35 kernel! He used this, im posting this to see if any of you guys get any luck with it. i dont, my phone dosent ask for sim pin after i flash it. Mention if you get it working.

Oathkeeper1212

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
As promised here are the instructions on how to test the .35 kernel on NEW baseband. This will allow you to try out all of the new .35/NBB based Roms on XDA, this is the direction that everyone is headed.

Key Points.

1. The instructions are for users still on OLD baseband.
2. The instructions should work for both Thrive and Phoenix Users.
3. As best I can tell, the process should be reversible
a. You are NOT flashing a KDZ, you are flashing a patch, so by wiping data, you can go back to OLD BASEBAND and the .32 kernel.
b.DISCLAIMER, I have NOT tried this yet.
4. You will have phone and data, but you will NOT have wifi
a. There have been some phoenix users that cannot get data, but I cant tell if that if a phoenix problem or something else.
5. As always, I cannot promise or guarantee you anything. If you phone melts into a pile of goo, it is not my fault.

On to the actual instructions:

1.. Get official CM7

CyanogenMod Mirror Network - Powered by TDRevolution

or (Oxygen http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1325386)

Both are .35 based and have active dev's on them. I had a glitch with Oxygen where no matter what, the ringer wouldnt sound.

2. Get the baseband patch (attached): original thread ([[Fixed][15-1-12]Old baseband fixed - xda-developers)

3. Get .35 kernel (attached)
3.a Put all 3 files on your SD card
4. Go into CWM
5. Wipe data
6. Flash CM7 or Oxygen
7. Flash the baseband patch
8. Reboot.
9. Let everything fully load (colors should be off)
10. Go back into CWM
11. Flash Joban .35 kernel.
12. Reboot

Thats it.

I assume you know all the other stuff about backing up your data etc.

Enjoy.

The baseband patch link isnt working EDIT: i mean rom link

Oathkeeper1212

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Gah i really want data on ICS! but im guessing because i have new bb already and im flashing a fix for old bb thats why my sim card isnt being detected. is there any way to revery back to obb?

temwt2

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Hey Oathkeeper, I just tried the baseband fix on both the cm7 nightly and ics both with joban's kernel. Unfortunately I was unable to get data either. This seems backwords to me. I don't understand how it can be so easy to patch new base band roms to work with old base band stuff. There must be a way to fix these roms so that we can have data. I don't think having a new kernel will fix this problem either but maybe I'm wrong.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
And if you don't mind me asking.....what Is a nightly build?

Sent from my LG-P505 using Tapatalk

Generally, "nightly" means a build that is built on a daily (or nightly) basis. However, this usually requires a computer dedicated to building Android. Since most of us don't have the privilege of that particular setup, "nightly" builds are more like "whenever I have the time" builds.

You can assume that a nightly build is considered experimental and generally isn't meant for daily use.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000