Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree48Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #151  

Default Re: .35 Gingerbread/ICS Kernal

UPDATED: So as best I can tell, this is the current state of things.

OLD BASEBAND ---ie you did NOT update to the official LG released Gingerbread update

Thrive (506):
    You can use Jobans .35 kernel and Old Baseband Patch. With those two you can use any .35/NBB based ROM. Phone/Data work, but wifi does not. You can overclock.

You can use Raenye's combined kernel. You can use any .35/NBB based ROM. Everything works. You CANNOT overclock

Phoenix (505): You can use Raenye's combined kernel. You can use any .35/NBB based ROM. Everything works. You CANNOT overclock

NEW BASEBAND --ie you updated to the official LG released Gingerbread update.

Thrive: DO NOT try and use the Phoenix (505) kdz. It appears to be causing massive problems. Use the above methods if you want to go to .35/NBB

Phoenix: Once updated, people can switch to a .35/NBB based ROM. You must use the Funny SIM old baseband fix

Does that sound about right?
    Thanked by:

ROM
    stock for now

Well, I haven't tested the Funny SIM old baseband fix yet. I don't know if that will fix data/apn issues. It would appear, however, that the cm7 nightly version 2.x on seems to incorporate whatever is fixing data/apn issues. So far I have tested just plain cm7 and I have data. Later today I will test some of the other roms that have updated to newer cm7 stuff (for example perfectpeso and nightly4e). Supposedly somehow wifi is working with nightly4e. Time will soon tell.

ROM
    stock gingerbread

Flash back to old baseband v10e
    CMR 5.0.2
    Install nightlyFour V4.4 http://www.mediafire.com/?9xtj5sb1h34113d
    Install,p505 kernel and old baseband patch, supplied by raenye and asleep on post #69.
    Install patch nighlyfour:http://www.mediafire.com/?782wlimif1q7y1y
    Install one zip at a time
    CyanogenMod 7.2-RCO nightly and ICS CyanogenMod 9 Beta4 from xda p500 development. Just install funny sim fix after rom.
    Thanks again to raenye, aspee and drewwalton19216801.

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk

ROM
    CM9 4.0.4/CM10 (Testing)

Can the flashable funny Sim fix be used on other roms?

Sent from my CM7 Nightly LG-P505 with Tapatalk

ROM
    stock gingerbread

Had no luck doing that. I think some new versions will have a fix integrated

I have an LG Thrive on the older baseband, and I've been running nightlyfour v4.4 and the Raenye kernal and baseband fix all day today. Other than the dreaded Blackscreen bug, the Rom has been running flawlessly, I have Wifi, Data, Bluetooth, GPS, and its smooth and fast.

Just noticed that turning on bluetooth actually makes the blackscreen bug worse...
    Last edited by savior1974; 03-06-2012 at 09:49 PM.

ROM
    stock for now

Just wanted to through in an update. I have tested the latest nightlyfourE. With Joban's kernel, data services work but of course wifi does not. With the from source p505 kernel (meant for obb???), wifi works fine but then data services are gone. I tried flashing the old baseband fix zip but that had no effect. Seems like everything will work fine once we have a kernel designed to work with nbb that fixes the wifi.

It does look like things are better than just a week ago. At least I can have data or wifi instead of neither.

ROM
    P506 : 2.3.7 Oxygen KANG

What version of clock work mod are you using for the thrive? I am currently running 3.1.0.0

Is anybody that is using the p506 using a newer one?

Currently running Android 2.3.7 oxygen-2.3.2-LGP500-KANG-signed_v2.5.1

p505 stock gb kernel OBB but kernel says 2.6.35.7 - perf. Wifi works. Haven't tested data.

I don't use data (GASP!) so is it still not yet possible to use a .35 rom with working wifi and overclocking on a Thrive?

ROM
    stock 2.3.4 rooted

hate to point out the obvious ACMobiusOne , but the post before yours by Willis states that he is useing a 35 rom and kernel. granted i believe that he is on OBB. but all Thrive users should still be on OBB. now im not sure about OC.

@Willis. CWM version should be 5.0.2.0, i think you are seeing the Rom Manager version. yet this dont make sence, cuz rom manager version should be 4.0.2.0 or higher maybe 5.0.0.4.
    when i boot into recovery my version is 5.0.2.0
    i see no need to have rom manager as most of the options can soft brick the phone, so i dont have a valid version to type.
    other possibilities are you dont have CWM, but a diff recovery, maybe TWRP, or Aman-ra?

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by LifesGoodPhoenix View Post
    hate to point out the obvious ACMobiusOne , but the post before yours by Willis states that he is useing a 35 rom and kernel. granted i believe that he is on OBB. but all Thrive users should still be on OBB. now im not sure about OC.

@Willis. CWM version should be 5.0.2.0, i think you are seeing the Rom Manager version. yet this dont make sence, cuz rom manager version should be 4.0.2.0 or higher maybe 5.0.0.4.
    when i boot into recovery my version is 5.0.2.0
    i see no need to have rom manager as most of the options can soft brick the phone, so i dont have a valid version to type.
    other possibilities are you dont have CWM, but a diff recovery, maybe TWRP, or Aman-ra?
    I do not have a rom manager.

I am using the custom CWM from this thread : xda-developers - View Single Post - [Source] LGP506 (AT&T LG Thrive GoPhone)

In the past when I had first downloaded the recovery from the market (when I was at stock p506 froyo), I would try to boot into recovery and only get a black screen. I believe that version at the time was 5.1.0.0 (about 3 week ago). When I flashed this custom p506 CWM through adb, I was then able to boot into recovery. When I think about it, now that I am running the p505 kernel, I would think I would be able to flash a newer compatible clockwork mod for the phone but that may be dangerous territory.

EDIT : I haven't found any more custom roms specific to the thrive anywhere else on the internet. The one (CWM) available from the market may only be for the p500 phone as well as the phoenix. There were a few threads on xda that stated some where having the same problem booting into CWM on the thrive (until they created this custom version).

ex. http://forum.xda-developers.com/arch...t-1120671.html
    Just wondering if anyone knows anything about this, or is using a newer one successfully here.
    Last edited by WillisLGThrive; 03-07-2012 at 06:51 AM.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #162  

@WillisLGThrive

Basic rule. If it works dont screw with it. My CWM is 5.0.2.0 is it the version posted by Raeyne. The Thrive is a very sensitive beast. I know its hard, but try not to mess with her. We dont have the recovery options the 505 does (ie kdz, etc)

@ACMobiusOne
    Not that I am aware of. I personally dont use wifi that much, so I prefer overclock. But the ROM is pretty fast w/o overclock.

Personally I am sitting here patiently hoping that drew and/or Raeyne havent forgotten about us.

Because if they have I might just cry

ROM
    stock gingerbread

On the three ROMs I mentioned, everything works. Data,wifi,apn,flash player.

Quote Originally Posted by ddiddy22 View Post
    On the three ROMs I mentioned, everything works. Data,wifi,apn,flash player.

Are you getting the blackscreen bug still like I am?

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by thrivin View Post
    @WillisLGThrive

Basic rule. If it works dont screw with it. My CWM is 5.0.2.0 is it the version posted by Raeyne. The Thrive is a very sensitive beast. I know its hard, but try not to mess with her. We dont have the recovery options the 505 does (ie kdz, etc)

@ACMobiusOne
    Not that I am aware of. I personally dont use wifi that much, so I prefer overclock. But the ROM is pretty fast w/o overclock.

Personally I am sitting here patiently hoping that drew and/or Raeyne havent forgotten about us.

Because if they have I might just cry

I have the full P506_AT&T_v11h_deodexed_rooted.cwm . So I should be all set. But there was one time in this process when my CWM disappeared once I had flashed this back. In the above, it contains the kernel, (OBB) baseband and everything specific to thrive. So I have the backup, but am kinda iffy on how to flash it back in the case that the cwm disappears or becomes screwed up. But I assume I can always resort to adb to do that.

ROM
    CM9 4.0.4/CM10 (Testing)

Has anyone tried multiRom?

Sent from my LG Phoenix (P505)

ROM
    CM7 RC2

Quote Originally Posted by savior1974 View Post
    My girlfriend is, but its much worse. It used to just be delayed, but now sometimes it won't turn on at all.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

ROM
    stock gingerbread

Quote Originally Posted by savior1974 View Post
    Yup.At least on nightlyfour 4.5 incoming calls light up
    Banned

ROM
    CM7 Overclocked 768MHz

Whos still using my kernel?

ROM
    Stock 2.3.4 rooted

I am but Im still on the old .32 and haven't upgraded to the new baseband yet

ROM
    CM9 4.0.4/CM10 (Testing)

I am, since theres nothing else out there for me cause i already upgraded to new bb

I'm using your kernal too Joban. Stock rooted .32 rom with your .32 kernal because I hate the blackscreen bug.

Quote Originally Posted by joban View Post
    Whos still using my kernel?
    I'm using it for my Thrive, old baseband, cosmicexperia rom, and probably will only switch for an overclockable .35 kernel or a compelling enough ICS rom (or ideally, both).
    Last edited by ACMobiusOne; 03-09-2012 at 06:19 PM.

ROM
    stock for now

I basically run my phone day to day with stock gingerbread. However, when I do try out various roms I have used your .35 rom, Joban. The funny sim versions of roms seem to get data services with Joban's .35 kernel. If I switch to the stock p505 rom from I'm not sure who (Raenye or Drew???) and then wifi works but data does not. I assume that's because there rom is a 32 based rom.

Can anyone elaborate or post a link about how to flash back to old base band? I don't know if I want to try that or not but it's seems like that's the only way I'll be able to run cm7/cm9/any other custom rom on a regular basis.

ROM
    stock gingerbread

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1149530
    I have flashed back and forth prob. Four times without any problems. You can use the p500 old baseband.
    To flash back to new baseband u can use LG updater again. If u do u will have to reroot

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast