.35 Gingerbread/ICS Kernal

temwt2

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
That has been a problem for any of us that have upgraded our phoenix's to gingerbread. The only fix I know of is to use the beta4 version of cm9 with funnysim in the title that was posted earlier in this forum. I realize that's not really a fix as it is a different rom. I would really like to work on incorporating whatever is in the funny sim to other roms though.

DiamondRyce

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
That has been a problem for any of us that have upgraded our phoenix's to gingerbread. The only fix I know of is to use the beta4 version of cm9 with funnysim in the title that was posted earlier in this forum. I realize that's not really a fix as it is a different rom. I would really like to work on incorporating whatever is in the funny sim to other roms though.
Thanks for the info. I am just going to have to wait. I am on the ICS beta4 version of cm9 with funnysim so I got my data to work cuz im still on the old baseband. My only problem is the vibration notifications like receiving calls and txts I only hear my ringtone and it doe not vibrate when even though I have it checked to do both. Suggestions?

Oathkeeper1212

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
DiamondRyce, for calls, go to system settings, sound, and check vibrate and ring. And for messages you got to the settings in the messaging app and change vibrate setting to always instead of "only in silent mode".

Sent from my LG-P505 using Tapatalk

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site
For some reason the new 4.4 nightlyfour rom is now working perfect. (Data and wifi)

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk

Can you clarify exactly what your using and provide some links. Which Kernel, any fixes and such. Also what is your battery life like, is the color issue ok?

Oathkeeper1212

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Holy crap the 7.2.0 nightly runs blazing fast! And diddy provide links and such! And btw the most recent 7.2.0 nightly, I didn't need the funny similar fix. Just a note.

thrivin

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
UPDATED: So as best I can tell, this is the current state of things.

OLD BASEBAND ---ie you did NOT update to the official LG released Gingerbread update

Thrive (506):
You can use Jobans .35 kernel and Old Baseband Patch. With those two you can use any .35/NBB based ROM. Phone/Data work, but wifi does not. You can overclock.

You can use Raenye's combined kernel. You can use any .35/NBB based ROM. Everything works. You CANNOT overclock

Phoenix (505): You can use Raenye's combined kernel. You can use any .35/NBB based ROM. Everything works. You CANNOT overclock

NEW BASEBAND --ie you updated to the official LG released Gingerbread update.

Thrive: DO NOT try and use the Phoenix (505) kdz. It appears to be causing massive problems. Use the above methods if you want to go to .35/NBB

Phoenix: Once updated, people can switch to a .35/NBB based ROM. You must use the Funny SIM old baseband fix

Does that sound about right?

Reactions: anon(524934)

temwt2

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Well, I haven't tested the Funny SIM old baseband fix yet. I don't know if that will fix data/apn issues. It would appear, however, that the cm7 nightly version 2.x on seems to incorporate whatever is fixing data/apn issues. So far I have tested just plain cm7 and I have data. Later today I will test some of the other roms that have updated to newer cm7 stuff (for example perfectpeso and nightly4e). Supposedly somehow wifi is working with nightly4e. Time will soon tell.

ddiddy22

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Flash back to old baseband v10e
CMR 5.0.2
Install nightlyFour V4.4 http://www.mediafire.com/?9xtj5sb1h34113d
Install,p505 kernel and old baseband patch, supplied by raenye and asleep on post #69.
Install patch nighlyfour:http://www.mediafire.com/?782wlimif1q7y1y
Install one zip at a time
CyanogenMod 7.2-RCO nightly and ICS CyanogenMod 9 Beta4 from xda p500 development. Just install funny sim fix after rom.
Thanks again to raenye, aspee and drewwalton19216801.

savior1974

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I have an LG Thrive on the older baseband, and I've been running nightlyfour v4.4 and the Raenye kernal and baseband fix all day today. Other than the dreaded Blackscreen bug, the Rom has been running flawlessly, I have Wifi, Data, Bluetooth, GPS, and its smooth and fast.

Just noticed that turning on bluetooth actually makes the blackscreen bug worse...

Last edited:

temwt2

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Just wanted to through in an update. I have tested the latest nightlyfourE. With Joban's kernel, data services work but of course wifi does not. With the from source p505 kernel (meant for obb???), wifi works fine but then data services are gone. I tried flashing the old baseband fix zip but that had no effect. Seems like everything will work fine once we have a kernel designed to work with nbb that fixes the wifi.

It does look like things are better than just a week ago. At least I can have data or wifi instead of neither.

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
What version of clock work mod are you using for the thrive? I am currently running 3.1.0.0

Is anybody that is using the p506 using a newer one?

Currently running Android 2.3.7 oxygen-2.3.2-LGP500-KANG-signed_v2.5.1

p505 stock gb kernel OBB but kernel says 2.6.35.7 - perf. Wifi works. Haven't tested data.

LifesGoodPhoenix

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
hate to point out the obvious ACMobiusOne , but the post before yours by Willis states that he is useing a 35 rom and kernel. granted i believe that he is on OBB. but all Thrive users should still be on OBB. now im not sure about OC.

@Willis. CWM version should be 5.0.2.0, i think you are seeing the Rom Manager version. yet this dont make sence, cuz rom manager version should be 4.0.2.0 or higher maybe 5.0.0.4.
when i boot into recovery my version is 5.0.2.0
i see no need to have rom manager as most of the options can soft brick the phone, so i dont have a valid version to type.
other possibilities are you dont have CWM, but a diff recovery, maybe TWRP, or Aman-ra?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante