.35 Gingerbread/ICS Kernal

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Ok for everyone out there think about starting to build your own kernel. OMG is it infuriating. The process itself is fairly straight foward... get files... get config... build. But what you will soon find out is there are like 3 people that really know what the hell there talking about and the rest of them are wannabee know-it all that either dont understand what your asking or dont know how to answer you. I have traveled down about 12 different paths trying to get us a good working kernel and everytime I get to where the zimage should be there all hell breaks loose somewhere because Im not using this version or that file, which wouldn't be an issue except I just got done reading how to do it and the wiki say to do exactly what was done and you find out it was completely wrong, so you start over...AGAIN!!!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
You will get it donavan. All the sudden at some point it will click ;)

Trust me I know the feeling, I've been attempting my own first builds from source of a ROM and repo sync's hasn't been as straight forward as they should be. I know eventually it will work out.

iosdemolisher

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Ok for everyone out there think about starting to build your own kernel. OMG is it infuriating. The process itself is fairly straight foward... get files... get config... build. But what you will soon find out is there are like 3 people that really know what the hell there talking about and the rest of them are wannabee know-it all that either dont understand what your asking or dont know how to answer you. I have traveled down about 12 different paths trying to get us a good working kernel and everytime I get to where the zimage should be there all hell breaks loose somewhere because Im not using this version or that file, which wouldn't be an issue except I just got done reading how to do it and the wiki say to do exactly what was done and you find out it was completely wrong, so you start over...AGAIN!!!

dont worry donavan, keep trying, we could ask franco for some help on this, thats what you-know-who did

puppeto

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Donavan I've been lurking for a long long time watching the development of a good solid kernel for our P505/P506's. If it helps and you need a crash test dummy to try out any kernels/ROMs let me know as I am no longer using my Thrive as my primary phone, but I am highly interested in eventually getting ICS to run on it.

Most importantly don't give up. I thought I'd killed my P506 several times through softbricks and boot loops, but I always got it back up with patience. With enough time I'm sure you'll find the guidance to make the best kernel available for these devices.

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Oh Im not giving up I am still working on it I just realized my path was the wrong one and I needed to completely restart with different source code. At least I don't have to download all the AOSP repo's anymore there all on my system now. I just have to find the right combo of source code and chaintools and code modifications.

roman.valenciap

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
i have thrive, and i prefer stock roms, and when i try any gingerbread optimus one rom with the lastest kernel and patch posted here by raeneye (i guess)... everything works just fine, just a little bug on unlocking the cellphone, and when i enable 3g data i cant disable it again, even from settings menu and the quick launch button, the unchecked box (on settings menu) and the cross (on quick launch button) appears but i still having datta connection (YES, DISCONNECTED FROM WIFI OF COURSE)... any help?... sorry for my bad english

AdictoDigital

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello to everyone!!! :cool:

This is my first post in this great Forum... :p

I have 2 cellphones: LG Phoenix (P505) + LG Thrive (P506)...

I 'm looking forward to test a ROM for my LG Thrive... :mad:

Thank you so much for your hard work!!! :)

Oathkeeper1212

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
The rom cant boot past lg screen because we need a kernel with specific ICS drivers in it. without the drivers, the rom won't boot. I mentioned this on the last page.

Oathkeeper1212

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Reactions: anon(524934)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandiR