Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 2.3.4 (NBB)

Default Re: I need a couple of brave souls to test a custom CWM

Hey, I reflashed v.5.0.2.0 through ROM Manager (the one with the messed up colors), and here's what I found:
    Pressing the power button makes the text disappear -- same problem on our version
    Pressing the search button acts like the back button
    Pressing the menu button acts as select
    Pressing the home button goes up (same as volume up button)
    However, repeatedly pressing the home button (it's unpredictable how many times) will give you "Back menu button enabled.", which then changes things, as follows:
    Power button acts as select
    Search button acts as select
    You can press home button again several times to get "Back menu button disabled.", and restore previous functionality.

I think the issue with our beta version is that the 2 left most buttons have other functions, so it makes that whole back menu button thing more difficult and less predictable than in the P500 version.

If somehow we can disable switching of the back menu button, I think we'll be alright.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #27  

ROM
    Stock 2.3.4 rooted

Quote Originally Posted by PersonaNonGrata View Post
    Hey, I reflashed v.5.0.2.0 through ROM Manager (the one with the messed up colors), and here's what I found:

However, repeatedly pressing the home button (it's unpredictable how many times) will give you "Back menu button enabled.", which then changes things, as follows:

You can press home button again several times to get "Back menu button disabled.", and restore previous functionality.

I think the issue with our beta version is that the 2 left most buttons have other functions, so it makes that whole back menu button thing more difficult and less predictable than in the P500 version.

If somehow we can disable switching of the back menu button, I think we'll be alright.
    Ok I was able to verify your findings and gain a little more information while I was at it. If you press the menu button too many time it craps out too. But pressing the vol up and down buttons at the same time will turn the back button back on/off. I will let utkanos know what we found and see if he will fix it. (which seems likely).

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 2.3.4 (NBB)

I've been getting occasional spontaneous restarts since I went back to Carlo ROM, and I've been thinking about upgrading using the official LG updater tool. Do you want me to hold off on that, until this recovery thing gets squared away?

BTW, would flashing the old KDZ restore the old baseband?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #29  

ROM
    Stock 2.3.4 rooted

Its up to you but I might help to have a phone on the OBB still just to make sure there are no issues but honestly the way I look at it is we are all moving to the NBB eventually (especially if I can get a kernel for us) and the P500 version works for the old baseband even if it is ugly so really it doesn't matter ... plus everything seems to be independent of the baseband anyways as I can recreate all the same issues you have. Id say go for it. Besides I actually like the new stock rom one you gut it of all the AT&T crap.

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 2.3.4 (NBB)

Do you know if flashing the v10e kdz restores the OBB?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #31  

ROM
    Stock 2.3.4 rooted

Do you know if flashing the v10e kdz restores the OBB?
    I think it does but Im not sure there were some posts in that regard but I cant be sure of it.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #32  

ROM
    Stock 2.3.4 rooted

Just an update, Im on build8 of the CWM project, the button issue seems to be solved but the colors went to crap again. Hoping to have build9 by the end of the day and if it works I will upload it as beta_05 for mass consumption.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #33  

ROM
    Stock 2.3.4 rooted

Default Re: Custom CWM for P505 & P506 Colors Fixed

See the first page it has been updated and there is a new file. We are offically out of beta and I'm calling it v1.0. Color works and the back button disable issue seems to be fixed. If you have any issue please let me know I will make sure they get fixed asap if it can be fixed.

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 2.3.4 (NBB)

Could you reattach the file, please? The 1st post currently has no attachments.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #35  

ROM
    Stock 2.3.4 rooted

Could you reattach the file, please? The 1st post currently has no attachments.
    Its not attached its in a link I can attach it too though

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 2.3.4 (NBB)

Yes, please. A flashable zip makes things much easier!
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #37  

ROM
    Stock 2.3.4 rooted

Not sure if you can do a flashable zip for CWM. Once I have a few people test this version out for sure it will be pushed up to be included as offical in ROM Manager so we will be able to just use rom manger to flash it.

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 2.3.4 (NBB)

How were the previous betas generated? There's no readme at utkanos' github, so I'm not sure how to test out the new recovery.

How were the previous betas generated? There's no readme at utkanos' github, so I'm not sure how to test out the new recovery.
    I compiled them myself. Once you flash it, you should just test all the functions that you normally would use and if everything looks legit, I'll upstream it to RM.
    Thanked by:
    LifesGoodPhoenix likes this.

ROM
    CM9 4.0.4/CM10 (Testing)

I just wanted to mention that i cant flash any roms with this recovery ill uload a pic of the error im getting.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #41  

ROM
    Stock 2.3.4 rooted

Quote Originally Posted by Oathkeeper1212 View Post
    I just wanted to mention that i cant flash any roms with this recovery ill uload a pic of the error im getting.
    Yeah that is a definate a problem What baseband and OS are you starting from. Can you send a log file? Can anyone else verify this issue?
    Last edited by donavan; 04-19-2012 at 07:26 AM.

ROM
    CM9 4.0.4/CM10 (Testing)

Ok I'll get you a log file. At the time I was using stock gb.

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk 2

likey to do an assert failure, not a problem with recovery. Either update the updater-script in the zip you're trying to flash with the proper name or remove the assert check.

ROM
    CM9 4.0.4/CM10 (Testing)

Um sorry....im kind of a noob, how do i do that?
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #45  

ROM
    Stock 2.3.4 rooted

Quote Originally Posted by Oathkeeper1212 View Post
    Um sorry....im kind of a noob, how do i do that?
    It has to do with the ROM you are trying to install. Some ROMs will need to be recooked in order for us to use them others will work just fine. Anything that specifically states in the code that it was developed for the P505 like the offical CM7 builds will likely break but I did have luck flashing perfect pesto to my phone (though the rom hung, probably a kernel issue. it did flash without error)

ROM
    SkyIceCreamSandwich/Faux

How were the colors fixed? If i could find out what had to be done i could probably just build a p500 kernel with the color fix and we might be able to use it?
    Thanked by:
    AdictoDigital likes this.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12