Help with Roms specificaly cm7

singular9

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
1. How do you flash a rom on the lg thrive, i have custom recover and root etc, but the ROM specifically. will the rom come with built in apps (cm7.2 rc1)

2. what other roms are out there for the thrive, and wich one is the best, (i want something that comes close to gingerbread but with extra features like cm7

3. has anyone flashed cm7.2 rc1 and experienced problems, if yes then what problems and how did you fix them

thanx, i need all the help i can get :)

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site
If im not mistaken the version you are refering to uses the new base band and the .35 kernel. Unless you have upgraded to the latest baseband and are willing to sacrifice some features like wifi you will probably have to wait to use this rom till a .35 kernel can be finished. I suggest you read up on some of the posts here (yeah its long and involved but its needed). There are how-tos and also some good roms listed ... check out the thread about which rom everyone is using and that will give you some ideas personally I like cosmicexperia but everyone has there own favorite flavor (there is a thread and this rom does use the old baseband and the old kernel).

korrectmethod

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
raeynyes .35 kernel with old baseband patch works with a lot of nbb roms

by works i mean it boots, and you have wifi, gps, data, mms, sms, phone calls. sure there are minor bugs, but what rom doesn't have them.

perfect peso (the new version of cosmic experia) is ok but that damn blackscreen bug prevents me from using it day to day. i prefer ics cm9.

Last edited:

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site
raeynyes .35 kernel with old baseband patch works with a lot of nbb roms

by works i mean it boots, and you have wifi, gps, data, mms, sms, phone calls. sure there are minor bugs, but what rom doesn't have them.

perfect peso (the new version of cosmic experia) is ok but that damn blackscreen bug prevents me from using it day to day. i prefer ics cm9.

Good to know glad we have a ROM that does most of the required stuff till we can get one with source built.

korrectmethod

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Good to know glad we have a ROM that does most of the required stuff till we can get one with source built.

yep i highly recommend the beta4 funny sim verion of kangs ics cm9 if people want a taste of real ice cream sandwich and not just a bunch of themes. i've been using it day to day for about a week and its fine for my use. wifi does kill battery, i'd say with wifi on, the battery lasts about 8-10 hours if you aren't touching the phone, and the phone only lasts maybe 5 hours if you are constantly using it and on wifi and not charging it. turn wifi off though and its fine. it dropped 2% while i was sleeping for a good 8 hours. the only bugs on it im pretty sure are the fault of the rom not the kernel.

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site
yep i highly recommend the beta4 funny sim verion of kangs ics cm9 if people want a taste of real ice cream sandwich and not just a bunch of themes. i've been using it day to day for about a week and its fine for my use. wifi does kill battery, i'd say with wifi on, the battery lasts about 8-10 hours if you aren't touching the phone, and the phone only lasts maybe 5 hours if you are constantly using it and on wifi and not charging it. turn wifi off though and its fine. it dropped 2% while i was sleeping for a good 8 hours. the only bugs on it im pretty sure are the fault of the rom not the kernel.

Thats probably one of my biggest issues with all the kernels/ROMs that we have the battery life just sucks. Stock gingerbread gives me almost 35 hours of general usage were not talking a 5 hour angry birds marathon here but texting, calling a few times & wifi on all the time.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci