Stock GB Kernel for LG P505

Status
Not open for further replies.

PersonaNonGrata

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
I have made a kernel based entirely on LG's released source code. You may consider this somewhat useful, or completely useless, depending on your point of view.

It's a flashable zip, and I have tested that it flashes properly on my Phoenix, with no ill effects.

If you're making your own kernel, you may find the easiest way to make it into a flashable zip file is to take this file, and replace the included zImage with your own.

Again, this is based entirely on already released, stock source code, hence:
  1. You should not expect any additional functionality out of this kernel
  2. I have not included the source code for this kernel

I see no reason why this wouldn't work on a Thrive, but, since I don't have one, it's untested.

Last edited:

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site
You go!!! Glad someone got it working I'm still fighting with google right now my ubuntu build keeps telling me no everytime I try to sync the repo.

PersonaNonGrata

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
Thanks!

Are you getting errors when you sync, or does it get stuck partway through? I had that problem, and had to execute the following (as shown here):
Code:
sudo sysctl -w net.ipv4.tcp_window_scaling=0
repo sync -j1
I had large delays overnight, until I figured out the above. Overall, it took me 18 hours to sync, and it was > 7 GB =:O

PersonaNonGrata

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
BTW, now that I've figured out how to make a kernel, it got me wondering. Um, what exactly are we looking to do?? Are we just retracing joban's steps? That is, we want a kernel that we can flash over any P500 ROM?

Do we have a specific list of objectives??

PersonaNonGrata

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
So, I got CM7 working with the colors ok. The lockscreen lag issue was better, though still there. The big problem was the wifi didn't work. I haven't figured out how to compile the wireless.ko module from source, nor can you just plop one in from another build.

So for now, I'm stuck.

Sent from my LG-P505 using Tapatalk

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site
BTW, now that I've figured out how to make a kernel, it got me wondering. Um, what exactly are we looking to do?? Are we just retracing joban's steps? That is, we want a kernel that we can flash over any P500 ROM?

Do we have a specific list of objectives??

The objective is this. We need to alter the source code to fix the various bugs we have, add imporvements, and finally make it work with CM9. In order to do this we will need to compare the config file from our source with the config from a kernel like franocs. Then we also have to build the kernel again using the Cyanogen Repos. After that we can use the kernel with CM7 and CM9.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I have made a kernel based entirely on LG's released source code. You may consider this somewhat useful, or completely useless, depending on your point of view.

It's a flashable zip, and I have tested that it flashes properly on my Phoenix, with no ill effects.

If you're making your own kernel, you may find the easiest way to make it into a flashable zip file is to take this file, and replace the included zImage with your own.

Again, this is based entirely on already released, stock source code, hence:
  1. You should not expect any additional functionality out of this kernel
  2. I have not included the source code for this kernel

I see no reason why this wouldn't work on a Thrive, but, since I don't have one, it's untested.

You need to link to the source, or else you could be joining joban :p

But seriously, it's the law.

raenye

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Perhaps Drew thinks you made any changes to the source.
If you used it as-is and just built the kernel, the sources on LG's website got you covered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta