[KERNEL][CM9][ICS] CAF-based 2.6.35 kernel for ICS-based roms

Oathkeeper1212

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Arjen, since you are now building nightlies for the p505 i was wondering if it's possible to build CWM as well? I hope its not too much too ask because our current CWM have the messed up colors. THANKS very much. I can finally put a wicked rom/kernel on my girls phone!

We already have a cwm

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk 2

Oathkeeper1212

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Ah, well thank you so much for helping us, I'll be sure to donate whenever I can get my paypal to work again. :)

EDIT: Does anyone know of a way of installing xloud and beats audio on ICS? Thanks. :D

Yes. Just download normal beats audio mod. As for xLoud, idk haha.

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk 2

bownz

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
_Arjen_ Thank you so much. When you get the time update the first page with the Kernel download link and maybe link an oldBBfix instead of making a whole new kernel.

Rashed1997

Android Developer
Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Tell me, should I make a seperate rom and kernel for Thrive, or should I keep it this way and let Thrive users flash current Rom and Kernel as it works for both phones?

I personally would love to see a dedicated Thrive ROM and kernel as it would make life a lot easier for us Thrive users, but this way is fine too!
At least we have ICS on our phones!

_Arjen_

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I personally would love to see a dedicated Thrive ROM and kernel as it would make life a lot easier for us Thrive users, but this way is fine too!
At least we have ICS on our phones!

It's no extra work to do it. For the Thrive I need to include the old baseband to get all to work, so it would be a seperate build anyway.
So that will be next ;)

bownz

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
_Arjen_ I know you have a lot on your to-do list, but after all of this is done, do you still plan to make a gingerbread kernel?

kingv10

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Been testing the kernel all day so far and I found (possibly the only) bug left. It seems I still get the boot bug, but now it only happens about 75% of the time and it's a little different than before, now it shows the LG logo and then this white battery that appears filled with how much battery I have and then shows a full white battery, then the phone turns off. I can still bypass this by doing the reboot from recovery method.

car350

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Been using new kernel and its awesome. But... can i use setcpu to overclock???

Sent from my LG-P500 using Android Central Forums

giga8547

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
getting ready to flash the rom and kernel now

THANKS!!!!! for your outstanding devotion and work arjen you are the kernel genius and the phoenix/thrive savior!!!!

kingv10

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Okay now it seems like this new "white battery boot bug" happens every time I turn the phone off and on. So it's the same as last time except there is the white battery showing up on the screen.

Does this happen for anyone else?

linyera

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Okay now it seems like this new "white battery boot bug" happens every time I turn the phone off and on. So it's the same as last time except there is the white battery showing up on the screen.

Yeah it happens to me too, but when your charging the phone it's a lot better looking than our old charging screen. Lol

That's the absolute only bug with this awesome kernel

giga8547

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Yeah it happens to me too, but when your charging the phone it's a lot better looking than our old charging screen. Lol

That's the absolute only bug with this awesome kernel

You got that right this kernel is awesome love it now to go monkey around with rooms hehe thanks arjen

Sent from my LG-P500 using Android Central Forums

_Arjen_

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, seen this kind of behaviour also on my P500 with some of my own modified CM builds and if I'm right also on some of hephappy's builds. Will see if I can find the cause or discuss it with the other contributers on LGICS.

Reactions: kingv10

Rashed1997

Android Developer
Apr 18, 2012
Visit site

I can confirm this happens on the Thrive as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol