Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
Like Tree17Likes

Default Re: [KERNEL][CM9][ICS] CAF-based 2.6.35 kernel for ICS-based roms

Quote Originally Posted by P3tr0 View Post
    Hey guys! Arjen thanks for the awesome work on the Phoenix, really thankfull!
    I'll donate when I can get some cash on my paypal..
    But one issue, am I the only one with no wifi? I'm the Lg P505 Running CM9 Baseband Fix and your Kernel, 6/14 I think? Any way to fix this? But everything else works flawlessly
    Thanks for the Rom again and Kernel!!
    try flashing the 7/02 rom then baseband fix then report back.

ROM
    [CM9][ICS][4.0.4] Cyanog

Red face Re: [KERNEL][CM9][ICS] CAF-based 2.6.35 kernel for ICS-based roms

Originally Posted by kingv10
    Okay now it seems like this new "white battery boot bug" happens every time I turn the phone off and on. So it's the same as last time except there is the white battery showing up on the screen.

Does this happen for anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by Rashed1997 View Post
    I can confirm this happens on the Thrive as well.
    This battery white charging happens to me as well. and I cannot pass thru CWM after trying reboot to recovery This log happen and stop fastboot mode started
    udc_start()

Does anybody help me please
    Last edited by yoohath; 07-18-2012 at 02:49 AM. Reason: add more information

ROM
    cm7.2 rc1/2.6.35.7-perf.

ok, here's my story, for what its worth. the other night i tried to flash piccolo, it worked, i decided i liked cm7.2 better. turned fone off, held power, volume down, and home. i got the same thingas the above poster. tonight i flashed arjen's cm9,gapps, and old bb fix (i have a thrive), and i figured out how i fixed it the other night.
    for my phone, to enter recovery, i turn it off, hold power, home and volume UP keys, and bingo, it works! i dont know why, but honestly, this is how my thrive works. hopefully yours is the same, and hope this post helps others also. like i said, i dont know why the sky is blue, but it is. i dont know why my phone does this, but it does.
    Thanked by 2:
    AdictoDigital likes this.

ROM
    JB 4.2.2

Quote Originally Posted by XRAY72 View Post
    ok, here's my story, for what its worth. the other night i tried to flash piccolo, it worked, i decided i liked cm7.2 better. turned fone off, held power, volume down, and home. i got the same thingas the above poster. tonight i flashed arjen's cm9,gapps, and old bb fix (i have a thrive), and i figured out how i fixed it the other night.
    for my phone, to enter recovery, i turn it off, hold power, home and volume UP keys, and bingo, it works! i dont know why, but honestly, this is how my thrive works. hopefully yours is the same, and hope this post helps others also. like i said, i dont know why the sky is blue, but it is. i dont know why my phone does this, but it does.
    LG-P506 Key combinations::
    Power+Volume Down+Home == Fastboot/Boot loader mode
    Power+Volume Up+Home == Recovery mode
    Power+Volume Up+Back == Emergency mode

Edit:
    I should mention that I too have had problems entering into recovery from several CM9 builds.

Sent from my LG-P506
    Thanked by:
    Android Developer

ROM
    ICS 4.0.4, JB 4.1.1

Yeah those are the button combos
    I'm building another Thrive release today that fixes that bug

Sent from my LG-P506 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    [CM9][ICS][4.0.4] Cyanog

Quote Originally Posted by Rashed1997 View Post
    Yeah those are the button combos
    I'm building another Thrive release today that fixes that bug

Sent from my LG-P506 using Android Central Forums
    WoW... Let hear good news very soon.

ROM
    CM9 4.0.4/CM10 (Testing)

New thread is up

Sent from my LG-p505 using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    Arjen's Piccolo CM9 (ICS)

Can anyone verify if they are able to get Wifi Tethering to work more than one session using this kernel? I originally thought it was only arjen's Piccolo rom that had the tether bug but I think that it is this kernel (and the kernel bundled with Piccolo) as it seems that any rom I run on this kernel will not run FoxFi wifi tether and will also crash the phone after one session of native wifi tethering. I need FoxFi to be able to tether through a proxy to avoid having my provider throttle my connection but if it is indeed this kernel that is causing this issue then my options seem quite limited (I'll likely have to revert back to a gb rom)... the last time I had stable wifi tether was on joban's kernel... any help would be appreciated, thanks!

ROM
    stock 2.3.4 rooted

ROM
    Arjen's Piccolo CM9 (ICS)

Quote Originally Posted by LifesGoodPhoenix View Post
    Thanks but that doesn't do what I need (no proxy settings).

Anways, I tried this setup again from scratch and native tethering does in fact work as does FoxFi, awesome! So if my tethering woes were due to a bug in the kernel then it would only seem to rear its head in ICS roms and not GB...
    I'm also no longer having battery issues as stated before... cool beans... I still really need USB MS but definitely need stable tethering capability more. I love how nice the ICS/JB roms I played with look but stability is key here and this setup has it. I'm working on making the homescreen aesthetics nicer, gb only has to be ugly if you leave it stock

Hi, sorry to revive an old thread, but which kernel should I use for P500 roms on my P505? The CM9/ICS kernel or CM9/ICS with optimized touchscreen?

ROM
    CM9 4.0.4/CM10 (Testing)

Quote Originally Posted by androidwkim View Post
    Hi, sorry to revive an old thread, but which kernel should I use for P500 roms on my P505? The CM9/ICS kernel or CM9/ICS with optimized touchscreen?
    Either one is fine.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Cripes. Flashed this to my p505, now my APN's not appearing. Any suggestions?

ROM
    stock 2.3.4 rooted

add them back... either google them or call your provider.

sorry for revive this thread but I need the Arjen's Kernel, can u upload the kernel you use?

Quote Originally Posted by 5dPZ View Post
    Here's a guide on getting the most stable icecream sandwich on LG phoenix (P505) as of July 3:

-Boot to recovery mode
    -Wipe all
    -Wipe cache
    -Install stable CM9 ROM 062812 "Tinylight" (this is the most updated stable CM9 build, virtually no bugs at all)
    -Install arjen's ics kernal for lg phoenix 061412 (this is the best kernal as of now. the earlier version has black screen bug and the later version 061912 has battery drain problem)
    -Install v1.0 baseband patch if you are on old baseband (ignore this if you are on v2.0 new baseband)
    -Install Google apps (april build something like 042512...)
    -Reboot

Done! Everything works perfectly. I have used it for 3 days - no bugs, no crashes, no battery drain, etc. Thanks all devs for the excellent builds!
    sorry for revive this thread but I need the Arjen's Kernel, can u upload the kernel you use?

ROM
    stock 2.3.4 rooted

First post of this thread
    I just downloaded and am currently using it.

As for the APNs, I'd re-enter and call the provider - tried both. It would just delete upon reboot. Tried various APN-saving apps, still no go.

Possibly a funny sim problem.

ROM
    stock 2.3.4 rooted

Im running OMFGB by bytecode, rom.
    Could be the rom too.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678