[KERNEL][CM9][ICS] CAF-based 2.6.35 kernel for ICS-based roms

5dPZ

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Here's a guide on getting the most stable icecream sandwich on LG phoenix (P505) as of July 3:

-Boot to recovery mode
-Wipe all
-Wipe cache
-Install stable CM9 ROM 062812 "Tinylight" (this is the most updated stable CM9 build, virtually no bugs at all)
-Install arjen's ics kernal for lg phoenix 061412 (this is the best kernal as of now. the earlier version has black screen bug and the later version 061912 has battery drain problem)
-Install v1.0 baseband patch if you are on old baseband (ignore this if you are on v2.0 new baseband)
-Install Google apps (april build something like 042512...)
-Reboot

Done! Everything works perfectly. I have used it for 3 days - no bugs, no crashes, no battery drain, etc. Thanks all devs for the excellent builds!

Last edited:

AdictoDigital

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
Here's a guide on getting the most stable icecream sandwich on LG phoenix (P505) as of July 3:

-Boot to recovery mode
-Wipe all
-Wipe cache
-Install stable CM9 ROM 062812 "Tinylight" (this is the most updated stable CM9 build, virtually no bugs at all)
-Install arjen's ics kernal for lg phoenix 061412 (this is the best kernal as of now. the earlier version has black screen bug and the later version 061912 has battery drain problem)
-Install v1.0 baseband patch if you are on old baseband (ignore this if you are on v2.0 new baseband)
-Reboot

Done! Everything works perfectly. I have used it for 3 days - no bugs, no crashes, no battery drain, etc. Thanks all devs for the excellent builds!

Hello!!! :)

Great guide... Nice Info...

I have a noob question: :mad:

?What is baseband?

Thanx!!! ;)

5dPZ

May 1, 2012
Visit site
I have a noob question: :mad:

?What is baseband?

Thanx!!! ;)

It's the signal the phone uses for mobile, you can check it at settings - about phone - baseband version

If you are on old baseband (V1.0) and did NOT install the patch after flashing the ROM and Kernal, you will not get cellular signal. If that happens, though, you can always flash the oldband patch as a fix.

AdictoDigital

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
It's the signal the phone uses for mobile, you can check it at settings - about phone - baseband version

If you are on old baseband (V1.0) and did NOT install the patch after flashing the ROM and Kernal, you will not get cellular signal. If that happens, though, you can always flash the oldband patch as a fix.

I can't find that option / setting... :-\

I have two cellphones... Look my signature... :confused:

AdictoDigital

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
...If you are on old baseband (V1.0) and did NOT install the patch after flashing the ROM and Kernal, you will not get cellular signal. If that happens, though, you can always flash the oldband patch as a fix.

Dude ?Where Can I get that (Old BaseBand) Patch Fix? :p

Thanx a lot!!! ;)

car350

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site

-Boot to recovery mode
-Wipe all
-Wipe cache
-Reboot

Is there a third kernel?? as far as i know we have only 2 kernels, 19062012 and 14062012, and the 14062012 is the one with the black screen bug

korrectmethod

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
-Install arjen's ics kernal for lg phoenix 061412 (this is the best kernal as of now. the earlier version has black screen bug and the later version 061912 has battery drain problem

do you have any proof to back this up? battery drain is fine. flash 7/02 rom and gapps and youre good.

5dPZ

May 1, 2012
Visit site
do you have any proof to back this up? battery drain is fine. flash 7/02 rom and gapps and youre good.

I made a post about this earlier on this thread, you can search for it.
Basically, after installing 0619 kernel, my battery goes from 100% to 30% (70% drain) in 6 hours of idle time whereas with 0614 kernel it would have been draining of 9-10% maximum.

To Car350
I am currently using 0614 kernel -> NO black screen bug. It's the very first version of Arjen's kernel that has it 0607? maybe?

korrectmethod

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I made a post about this earlier on this thread, you can search for it.
Basically, after installing 0619 kernel, my battery goes from 100% to 30% (70% drain) in 6 hours of idle time whereas with 0614 kernel it would have been draining of 9-10% maximum.

To Car350
I am currently using 0614 kernel -> NO black screen bug. It's the very first version of Arjen's kernel that has it 0607? maybe?

There is no kernel flashing required with the newest 7/02 p505 build. Been running for 5 1/2 hours on battery, using it often with 3g data to keep an eye on the weather and listening to music in the car. Im currently at 74%

P3tr0

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys! Arjen thanks for the awesome work on the Phoenix, really thankfull!
I'll donate when I can get some cash on my paypal..
But one issue, am I the only one with no wifi? I'm the Lg P505 Running CM9 Baseband Fix and your Kernel, 6/14 I think? Any way to fix this? But everything else works flawlessly
Thanks for the Rom again and Kernel!!

Oathkeeper1212

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
But one issue, am I the only one with no wifi? I'm the Lg P505 Running CM9 Baseband Fix and your Kernel, 6/14 I think? Any way to fix this? But everything else works flawlessly

Wifi works fine. Are you sure you did a clean installation?

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk 2

korrectmethod

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site

try flashing the 7/02 rom then baseband fix then report back.

yoohath

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Originally Posted by kingv10
Okay now it seems like this new "white battery boot bug" happens every time I turn the phone off and on. So it's the same as last time except there is the white battery showing up on the screen.

Does this happen for anyone else?

I can confirm this happens on the Thrive as well.

This battery white charging happens to me as well. and I cannot pass thru CWM after trying reboot to recovery This log happen and stop fastboot mode started
udc_start()

Does anybody help me please :'(

Last edited:

XRAY72

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
ok, here's my story, for what its worth. the other night i tried to flash piccolo, it worked, i decided i liked cm7.2 better. turned fone off, held power, volume down, and home. i got the same thingas the above poster. tonight i flashed arjen's cm9,gapps, and old bb fix (i have a thrive), and i figured out how i fixed it the other night.
for my phone, to enter recovery, i turn it off, hold power, home and volume UP keys, and bingo, it works! i dont know why, but honestly, this is how my thrive works. hopefully yours is the same, and hope this post helps others also. like i said, i dont know why the sky is blue, but it is. i dont know why my phone does this, but it does.

bill.weckel

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
ok, here's my story, for what its worth. the other night i tried to flash piccolo, it worked, i decided i liked cm7.2 better. turned fone off, held power, volume down, and home. i got the same thingas the above poster. tonight i flashed arjen's cm9,gapps, and old bb fix (i have a thrive), and i figured out how i fixed it the other night.
for my phone, to enter recovery, i turn it off, hold power, home and volume UP keys, and bingo, it works! i dont know why, but honestly, this is how my thrive works. hopefully yours is the same, and hope this post helps others also. like i said, i dont know why the sky is blue, but it is. i dont know why my phone does this, but it does.

LG-P506 Key combinations::
Power+Volume Down+Home == Fastboot/Boot loader mode
Power+Volume Up+Home == Recovery mode
Power+Volume Up+Back == Emergency mode

Edit:
I should mention that I too have had problems entering into recovery from several CM9 builds.

Sent from my LG-P506

Reactions: yoohath

Rashed1997

Android Developer
Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Yeah those are the button combos
I'm building another Thrive release today that fixes that bug

Sent from my LG-P506 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members