[KERNEL][Gingerbread] CM 2.6.35 kernel for Thrive and Phoenix

bownz

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Wifi Isn't working, as Kingv10 stated. Which is fine, and probably an easy fix as it was for ICS. :p and the same boot bug applies I believe.

_Arjen_

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Guess it's the same buildingproblem I had on ICS kernel :D
Will upload new version soon, together with a kernel with Der Caveman's optimized touchscreen ;)

Reactions: kingv10

bownz

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Hoping for an update soon. Want an MIUI, and the ICS Version has a webkit error. And Then I can't use the Gingerbread version, because no wifi XD.

EDIT: BTW, I think the graphics on the Thrive are messed up. On a few roms Using this kernel, the screen would get glitchy, like pixels would move around.

Last edited:

kingv10

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Hoping for an update soon. Want an MIUI, and the ICS Version has a webkit error. And Then I can't use the Gingerbread version, because no wifi XD.

EDIT: BTW, I think the graphics on the Thrive are messed up. On a few roms Using this kernel, the screen would get glitchy, like pixels would move around.

Yeah don't worry I'm waiting for an update too, Arjen said he's working on it today so it shouldn't be long.

And about the screen glitch, I have a thrive too and I think I know what you're talking about, the problem is your min value for CPU is too low, for example if I set mine below 600mhz I get that screen problem. Try setting yours higher and see if it helps

bownz

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Yeah don't worry I'm waiting for an update too, Arjen said he's working on it today so it shouldn't be long.

And about the screen glitch, I have a thrive too and I think I know what you're talking about, the problem is your min value for CPU is too low, for example if I set mine below 600mhz I get that screen problem. Try setting yours higher and see if it helps

You shouldn't have to set min value that high :S

Last edited:

kingv10

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I think that's the only solution, I looked up this pixel shift problem and it doesn't have to do with the ROM or kernel, it has to do with Linux itself and the CPU (it happens on some desktops as well), if you're worried about battery life the processor doesn't drain that much battery based on frequency, only when it's running cycles (if its "processing" something) I've tested this myself and when the screen is off and the phones not doing anything the battery drain is about the same no matter what the frequency is. I personally use 600min and 748max with interactive governor, but every CPU is built differently so use what's best for you.

bownz

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I think that's the only solution, I looked up this pixel shift problem and it doesn't have to do with the ROM or kernel, it has to do with Linux itself and the CPU (it happens on some desktops as well), if you're worried about battery life the processor doesn't drain that much battery based on frequency, only when it's running cycles (if its "processing" something) I've tested this myself and when the screen is off and the phones not doing anything the battery drain is about the same no matter what the frequency is. I personally use 600min and 748max with interactive governor, but every CPU is built differently so use what's best for you.

Then how come Joban's kernel didn't have that problem, nor the stock p505 kernel?

kingv10

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Every ROM and kernel I've used has had this problem, and that's to say I don't even know if we're talking about the same problem

bluntman_420

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
What you guys are experiencing is kernel/system panic from overclock being too high. I have experienced the same thing with INTERACTIVE governor. I am currently running
min-320 max-748 on ONDEMAND governor and have no problems at all. Try changing your governor to ondemand or performance and see if that helps.

bownz

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
What you guys are experiencing is kernel/system panic from overclock being too high. I have experienced the same thing with INTERACTIVE governor. I am currently running
min-320 max-748 on ONDEMAND governor and have no problems at all. Try changing your governor to ondemand or performance and see if that helps.

This could be it. I didn't even think to actually check that in gingerbread, seeing as I didn't plan to keep it, since I use wifi constantly. But could explain why I don't get it on ICS, I always have it to on-demand.

_Arjen_

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Updated link in first post, haven't tested yet if wifi works now, don't have the phone with me ;)
Kernel has the_caveman patch for touchscreen.