Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
Results 126 to 145 of 145
Like Tree10Likes
  1. #126  

    Default Re: [KERNEL][Gingerbread] CM 2.6.35 kernel for Thrive and Phoenix

    Quote Originally Posted by Deathglobe View Post
    Brightness seems to work in nightly but there seems to be no option to enable mass storage since it doesnt auto try to do it
    Strange, I can't change brightness.
  2. #127  

    Default Re: [KERNEL][Gingerbread] CM 2.6.35 kernel for Thrive and Phoenix

    Quote Originally Posted by korrectmethod View Post
    Strange, I can't change brightness.
    Nevermind I fixed it.

    When you flash roms follow this exact order.

    Flash rom.
    Reboot, Let load with color banding issues.
    Immediately reboot back into recovery after the homescreen loads with funky colors.
    Flash Joban's kernel.
    Reboot.
    When it freezes at LG Logo (which it did for me both times), pull battery and power on back into recovery. (home, vol+up, power button).
    Once back into recovery, Flash 6-12 ics version of arjens kernel.
    Reboot and enjoy.

    Sorry but it looks like the newest cm7 nightly doesn't have working USB mass storage, at least for us. I recommend Airdroid for wirelessly transferring files back and forth over wifi. Works well on smaller files (~500mb)
    Last edited by korrectmethod; 08-23-2012 at 08:38 PM.
  3. #128  

    Default Re: [KERNEL][Gingerbread] CM 2.6.35 kernel for Thrive and Phoenix

    Quote Originally Posted by korrectmethod View Post
    Nevermind I fixed it.

    When you flash roms follow this exact order.

    Flash rom.
    Reboot, Let load with color banding issues.
    Immediately reboot back into recovery after the homescreen loads with funky colors.
    Flash Joban's kernel.
    Reboot.
    When it freezes at LG Logo (which it did for me both times), pull battery and power on back into recovery. (home, vol+up, power button).
    Once back into recovery, Flash 6-12 ics version of arjens kernel.
    Reboot and enjoy.

    Sorry but it looks like the newest cm7 nightly doesn't have working USB mass storage, at least for us. I recommend Airdroid for wirelessly transferring files back and forth over wifi. Works well on smaller files (~500mb)
    I still get WiFi errors. Is the 6-14 version or arjens ICS fine?
  4. #129  

    Default Re: [KERNEL][Gingerbread] CM 2.6.35 kernel for Thrive and Phoenix

    Quote Originally Posted by bownz View Post
    I still get WiFi errors. Is the 6-14 version or arjens ICS fine?
    just flash the latest cm7 nightly.

    reboot

    then flash kernel.
    reboot.

    after lg logo freeze pull battery.

    boot into recovery and then flash arjens p505 kernel i included here.

    reboot.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by korrectmethod; 08-23-2012 at 11:56 PM.
    Thanked by:
  5. #130  
    bluntman_420's Avatar

    Posts
    116 Posts
    ROM
    SkyIceCreamSandwich/Faux

    Default Re: [KERNEL][Gingerbread] CM 2.6.35 kernel for Thrive and Phoenix

    Someone please pm jobans kernel, PLEASE
  6. #131  

    Default Re: [KERNEL][Gingerbread] CM 2.6.35 kernel for Thrive and Phoenix

    I have the unnameable kernel. I will try again.
    Thanked by:
  7. #132  
    bluntman_420's Avatar

    Posts
    116 Posts
    ROM
    SkyIceCreamSandwich/Faux

    Default Re: [KERNEL][Gingerbread] CM 2.6.35 kernel for Thrive and Phoenix

    *unnameable*, thats right i forgot! And thanks!

    Edit - If it cant be pm'ed could you please upload to like rapidshare or mediafire and send the link through pm?

    Please, and thanks!
  8. #133  
    bluntman_420's Avatar

    Posts
    116 Posts
    ROM
    SkyIceCreamSandwich/Faux

    Default Re: [KERNEL][Gingerbread] CM 2.6.35 kernel for Thrive and Phoenix

    Quote Originally Posted by korrectmethod View Post
    just flash the latest cm7 nightly.

    reboot

    then flash jobans #8 kernel. ( i cannot provide kernel due to forum rules. tell me how i can host it online free and i will send you a download link)

    reboot.

    after lg logo freeze pull battery.

    boot into recovery and then flash arjens p505 kernel i included here.

    reboot.
    You can host it many places online for free. Mediafire,rapidshare, etc.

    I know arjen is dealing with family stuff but if you could share this than we all can have the fix until arjen gets back. Thanks!
  9. #134  

    Default Re: [KERNEL][Gingerbread] CM 2.6.35 kernel for Thrive and Phoenix

    Quote Originally Posted by bluntman_420 View Post
    You can host it many places online for free. Mediafire,rapidshare, etc.

    I know arjen is dealing with family stuff but if you could share this than we all can have the fix until arjen gets back. Thanks!



    dont forget thanks please goodnight all
    Thanked by 3:
  10. #135  
    bluntman_420's Avatar

    Posts
    116 Posts
    ROM
    SkyIceCreamSandwich/Faux

    Default Re: [KERNEL][Gingerbread] CM 2.6.35 kernel for Thrive and Phoenix

    THANKS!!!
  11. #136  
    rbross3030's Avatar

    Posts
    15 Posts
    ROM
    Arjen's Piccolo CM9 (ICS)

    Default Re: [KERNEL][Gingerbread] CM 2.6.35 kernel for Thrive and Phoenix

    Any recommendations for someone like myself who absolutely NEEDS USB mass storage? I plug my phone into my car stereo's USB port every time I drive and that's where my music is coming from, can I flash an older CM7 or use MIUI instead and still have the same stability plus USB mass storage?

    Thanks!

    Edit: I am currently running CM7.2.0-RC0-OptimusOne-Kang on the unnameable's #8 kernel, pretty tired of various glitches I've encountered including shotty bluetooth pairing, black screen, just sorta tryin to figure out whats currently the most functional setup out there... wifi tether is also a must, currently using FoxFi so I can use proxy...
    Last edited by rbross3030; 08-27-2012 at 03:51 PM. Reason: additional info added
  12. #137  
    bill.weckel's Avatar

    Posts
    172 Posts
    ROM
    JB 4.2.2

    Default Re: [KERNEL][Gingerbread] CM 2.6.35 kernel for Thrive and Phoenix

    Quote Originally Posted by rbross3030 View Post
    Any recommendations for someone like myself who absolutely NEEDS USB mass storage? I plug my phone into my car stereo's USB port every time I drive and that's where my music is coming from, can I flash an older CM7 or use MIUI instead and still have the same stability plus USB mass storage?

    Thanks!

    Edit: I am currently running CM7.2.0-RC0-OptimusOne-Kang on the unnameable's #8 kernel, pretty tired of various glitches I've encountered including shotty bluetooth pairing, black screen, just sorta tryin to figure out whats currently the most functional setup out there... wifi tether is also a must, currently using FoxFi so I can use proxy...
    If I'm not mistaken, the only issue with this kernel was no wifi, which I believe Arjen has fixed that but hasn't updated this kernel or his ICS kernel with the patches yet. I believe he's having some issues at home currently.

    I cannot recommend any GB roms as I've forgotten the ones I've had success with since I started fooling aroung with ICS and JB roms. I can tell you with this kernel, since you have a Thrive, you will need the old baseband patch in order to have service.

    Piccolo is a good ICS rom. It's here at ACF in this forum and it's by Arjen with his kernel so you won't need this one but you'll still need the old baseband patch. Then theres CM10 JB. I've been using it for almost a month now. USB mass storage worked on Build #3, so I'm assuming it works on the recent RC1 Build #4. There is a CM10 port specifically for the LG-P506 Thrive Honestly I probably won't go back to GB, and maybe not ICS either
    Device: LG Optimus T P509
    Rom: JB 4.1.2
    Kernel: CM10 ( built-in )

    My Tools for Android

    Android Flash Recovery -
    A Windows GUI front-end for fastboot to simplify flashing Android recovery partitions.
    OOne ROM Editor -
    A Windows utility for trimming ICS and JB ROMs for the LG Optimus One Device Family
    Thanked by:
  13. #138  
    rbross3030's Avatar

    Posts
    15 Posts
    ROM
    Arjen's Piccolo CM9 (ICS)

    Default Re: [KERNEL][Gingerbread] CM 2.6.35 kernel for Thrive and Phoenix

    Quote Originally Posted by bill.weckel View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, the only issue with this kernel was no wifi, which I believe Arjen has fixed that but hasn't updated this kernel or his ICS kernel with the patches yet. I believe he's having some issues at home currently.

    I cannot recommend any GB roms as I've forgotten the ones I've had success with since I started fooling aroung with ICS and JB roms. I can tell you with this kernel, since you have a Thrive, you will need the old baseband patch in order to have service.

    Piccolo is a good ICS rom. It's here at ACF in this forum and it's by Arjen with his kernel so you won't need this one but you'll still need the old baseband patch. Then theres CM10 JB. I've been using it for almost a month now. USB mass storage worked on Build #3, so I'm assuming it works on the recent RC1 Build #4. There is a CM10 port specifically for the LG-P506 Thrive Honestly I probably won't go back to GB, and maybe not ICS either
    Thanks so much for the info, Bill! As far as the CM10 port, are you referring to the JB release posted by Oathkeeper? His first post on that release thread says that camera and headphones are not working, among other stuff, is this outdated information? I'd love to give it a go if that stuff's been fixed.
  14. #139  
    bill.weckel's Avatar

    Posts
    172 Posts
    ROM
    JB 4.2.2

    Default

    Yes. However development has moved to xda-developers. Oathkeeper started this thread for Rashed who, if I'm not mistaken, is the official maintainer for the optimus one devices like yours, mine, and a couple other P5?? Devices by lg. Camera has been fixed except for a color glitch on the display but pictures are good.

    Glad I could help. If there's anything else I can do, don't hesitate to ask. I'll answer when I can as I'm a full time electrician. I'm a windows programmer too, when I have time.

    Sent from my LG-P506 using Android Central Forums
    Device: LG Optimus T P509
    Rom: JB 4.1.2
    Kernel: CM10 ( built-in )

    My Tools for Android

    Android Flash Recovery -
    A Windows GUI front-end for fastboot to simplify flashing Android recovery partitions.
    OOne ROM Editor -
    A Windows utility for trimming ICS and JB ROMs for the LG Optimus One Device Family
  15. #140  
    rbross3030's Avatar

    Posts
    15 Posts
    ROM
    Arjen's Piccolo CM9 (ICS)

    Thumbs up Re: [KERNEL][Gingerbread] CM 2.6.35 kernel for Thrive and Phoenix

    Quote Originally Posted by bill.weckel View Post
    Yes. However development has moved to xda-developers. Oathkeeper started this thread for Rashed who, if I'm not mistaken, is the official maintainer for the optimus one devices like yours, mine, and a couple other P5?? Devices by lg. Camera has been fixed except for a color glitch on the display but pictures are good.

    Glad I could help. If there's anything else I can do, don't hesitate to ask. I'll answer when I can as I'm a full time electrician. I'm a windows programmer too, when I have time.

    Sent from my LG-P506 using Android Central Forums
    Oh okay awesome, thanks for the info I'll check it out! I gave Piccolo a go and it's pretty awesome thus far. Day 2 and it is very robust and fast, and highly functional in spite of its minimalistic UI! Being ICS it looks gorgeous as well... now I'll probably never go back to GB either

    Thanks again!
  16. #141  

    Default Re: [KERNEL][Gingerbread] CM 2.6.35 kernel for Thrive and Phoenix

    Can we get a link to the xda forum, I can't find it
  17. #142  
    OneForth's Avatar

    Posts
    25 Posts
    ROM
    SlimGen1.6 | GB 2.3.7

    Default Re: [KERNEL][Gingerbread] CM 2.6.35 kernel for Thrive and Phoenix

    @kingz10: there you go. not that hard
    Device(s): LG P505 || S.G.S I9000M
    Rom(s): CM10 || Helly Bean for I9000
    Kernel(s): Stock CM || Devil Kernel 1.6.1
  18. #143  

    Default Re: [KERNEL][Gingerbread] CM 2.6.35 kernel for Thrive and Phoenix

    I just want to thank you for this! Now my netflix works great, thanks to overclocking working! ICS and JB had incompatibilities, as well as inferior camera abilities. This is the best combo for Phoenix. With camera exposure set high, one doesn't need a flash.

    God Bless!
  19. #144  
    LifesGoodPhoenix's Avatar

    Posts
    376 Posts
    ROM
    stock 2.3.4 rooted

    Default Re: [KERNEL][Gingerbread] CM 2.6.35 kernel for Thrive and Phoenix

    Just curious. did you flash this over stock, or another GB Rom?
    Thrive or phoenix?
  20. #145  

    Default Re: [KERNEL][Gingerbread] CM 2.6.35 kernel for Thrive and Phoenix

    Just to chime in... there is no need to reboot during flashes. I've been playing with P500 roms for the last 5 months or so. My steps are as followed (any rom for the p500 will work on the 505 (not sure about the 506 because of the baseband))
    1ownload rom and flash in recovery
    2:Flash Gapps (if necessary)
    3:Flash Arjens 0619 ics kernel.

    The kernel kills the issue with the colors and enables wifi. It works on all GB, ICS, and JB roms. This I know because i've used every rom out there pretty much, lol.
    Hopefully this helped someone and saved them some time in between flashing roms
    Thanked by:
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Posting Permissions

B