Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 42 of 42
Like Tree5Likes
  1. #26  
    bill.weckel's Avatar

    Posts
    172 Posts
    ROM
    JB 4.2.2

    Default Re: [ROM][ICS][4.0.4] Piccolo

    Ok. Here's the modified updater-script for Piccolo.

    Bear in mind that this is only a work-around, not a permanent fix, for those using a LG-P500 CWM instead of the correct CWM for your device.

    What you will need to do:

    1) Download the modified updater-script
    2) Download the Old baseband fix. Search for it. It's here. I've uploaded it and given references to other threads as to where it can be found.
    3) Unzip the Piccolo ROM into it's own folder
    4) Goto "Path to unzipped Piccolo\META-INF\com\google\android" and replace the "updater-script" with the one in the zip downloaded in step 1
    5) Repackage the ROM. Simply zip all the files in the folder where you unzipped Piccolo to into a new zip file.
    6) Copy to SDCARD
    7) Reboot device into CWM
    8) Install the ROM
    9) Reboot recovery
    10) Install old baseband zip
    11) Reboot device
    12) ENJOY!!!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by bill.weckel; 07-29-2012 at 10:25 AM.
    Thanked by 2:
  2. #27  

    Default Re: [ROM][ICS][4.0.4] Piccolo

    Why was it necessary to do all of these extra steps? I wiped the phone then flashed piccolo like normal and had 0 issues using the thrive. Maybe you should switch recoveries? I'm using CWM Recovery v5.0.2.0.
  3. #28  
    bill.weckel's Avatar

    Posts
    172 Posts
    ROM
    JB 4.2.2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by korrectmethod View Post
    Why was it necessary to do all of these extra steps? I wiped the phone then flashed piccolo like normal and had 0 issues using the thrive. Maybe you should switch recoveries? I'm using CWM Recovery v5.0.2.0.
    Quite simply because I don't have all the answers. This worked for my situation. Plus I'm liking the touch recovery especially since the keys have been remapped and I have issues with my power button.

    Sent from my LG-P506
  4. #29  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bill.weckel View Post
    Quite simply because I don't have all the answers. This worked for my situation. Plus I'm liking the touch recovery especially since the keys have been remapped and I have issues with my power button.

    Sent from my LG-P506
    Ah I see. maybe you should point out that those steps are only necessary with your recovery, just so people with normal cwm know its not required.

    do you think modifying the script will be necessary for all releases?
    Sent from my LG-p505 using Android Central Forums
    Last edited by korrectmethod; 07-29-2012 at 10:20 AM.
  5. #30  
    bill.weckel's Avatar

    Posts
    172 Posts
    ROM
    JB 4.2.2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by korrectmethod View Post
    Ah I see. maybe you should point out that those steps are only necessary with your recovery, just so people with normal cwm know its not required.

    do you think modifying the script will be necessary for all releases?
    Sent from my LG-p505 using Android Central Forums
    I actually had stated that it was a work-around not a fix. I edited my post and made it obvious that this was not a fix.
    From what I've read and been told, we shouldn't be having this issue , no matter what CWM we run. I believe my problem is the fact that the CWM I'm using was for the P500. Someone else patched the CWM to fix the color issue.

    Sent from my LG-P506
  6. #31  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bill.weckel View Post
    I actually had stated that it was a work-around not a fix. I edited my post and made it obvious that this was not a fix.
    From what I've read and been told, we shouldn't be having this issue , no matter what CWM we run. I believe my problem is the fact that the CWM I'm using was for the P500. Someone else patched the CWM to fix the color issue.

    Sent from my LG-P506
    I'm using cwm 5.0.2.0 with color issues and haven't had problems. if that helps

    Sent from my LG-p506 using Android Central Forums
  7. #32  
    LifesGoodPhoenix's Avatar

    Posts
    376 Posts
    ROM
    stock 2.3.4 rooted

    Default Re: [ROM][ICS][4.0.4] Piccolo

    Has there been an update to this? Or is there No need.
  8. #33  
    rbross3030's Avatar

    Posts
    15 Posts
    ROM
    Arjen's Piccolo CM9 (ICS)

    Thumbs up Re: [ROM][ICS][4.0.4] Piccolo

    Arjen I just wanna thank you for this release, this is exactly what I've been looking for. Installed this with CWM 502 after doing a full system/dalvik/cache wipe then did old bb fix (thrive) and this beauty is FAST & CLEAN! I'll run this as long as it works well and get back if I find any bugs! Thanks again!

    edit: can anyone tell me whats the appropriate version of google apps to install on here? I've been using the 08-21-2011 version(?) but that was on CM7... also - is there an "official" site to get g.apps zips? I thought I remember going to a google project repository somewhere but I can't find it now...
    Last edited by rbross3030; 08-31-2012 at 05:50 PM.
  9. #34  
    donavan's Avatar

    Posts
    584 Posts
    ROM
    Stock 2.3.4 rooted

    Default Re: [ROM][ICS][4.0.4] Piccolo

    Quote Originally Posted by rbross3030 View Post
    Arjen I just wanna thank you for this release, this is exactly what I've been looking for. Installed this with CWM 502 after doing a full system/dalvik/cache wipe then did old bb fix (thrive) and this beauty is FAST & CLEAN! I'll run this as long as it works well and get back if I find any bugs! Thanks again!

    edit: can anyone tell me whats the appropriate version of google apps to install on here? I've been using the 08-21-2011 version(?) but that was on CM7... also - is there an "official" site to get g.apps zips? I thought I remember going to a google project repository somewhere but I can't find it now...
    If you have any version installed just let google update you to the newest version. This will happen automatically when you go to the playstore/market.
    Thanked by:
  10. #35  
    rbross3030's Avatar

    Posts
    15 Posts
    ROM
    Arjen's Piccolo CM9 (ICS)

    Thumbs up Re: [ROM][ICS][4.0.4] Piccolo

    Quote Originally Posted by donavan View Post
    If you have any version installed just let google update you to the newest version. This will happen automatically when you go to the playstore/market.
    Gotcha, thanks donovan! I just installed the ICS version posted on CM's google apps wiki:



    and all is working great.

    Worth noting: battery charges very fast with this release and seems to last a long time. Scrolling through homescreens even with live wallpapers is surprisingly smooth as well! I feel like I have a new phone!

    Thanks again!
  11. #36  
    rbross3030's Avatar

    Posts
    15 Posts
    ROM
    Arjen's Piccolo CM9 (ICS)

    Default Re: [ROM][ICS][4.0.4] Piccolo - Update on Performance

    OK so after a few days of using this ROM on my thrive I am reporting back with results:

    Rom is still very stable, has not crashed or randomly restarted other than during the problem below.

    Battery life is still awesome.

    WiFi & Bluetooth work - I can control my iTunes over Wifi using Remote for iTunes, can connect my Plantronics headset without fuss.

    USB Mass Storage works - music in my car via USB

    ICS is generally a hell of a lot nicer to use than GB

    So tethering is working, sort of. It's running and stable right now, but it seems to be touchy. Sometimes the phone will restart when I toggle on hotspot tethering, especially if it's right after I modify the hotspot settings (eg name, password). I also have not been able to get FoxFi working via wifi, which is a bummer because I'd prefer to be able to use it's proxy abilities. Anyone else having issues with tether?

    All in all still the most stable and functional build I've ran and will likely continue using it. I am running a Galaxy Core live wallpaper along with Minimalistic Text and it is smooth, responsive & gorgeous and has little effect on battery life.

    I've attached a few screenshots - I've never run ICS on this phone before so I don't know how much this differs from stock - but you get the idea either way Same as stock ICS
    Last edited by rbross3030; 09-19-2012 at 03:56 PM.
  12. #37  
    kushkingz's Avatar

    Posts
    28 Posts
    ROM
    SlimGen1.3 | Joban .32

    Default Re: [ROM][ICS][4.0.4] Piccolo

    This rom was very nice but in the end was a bit to buggy for me. Like music would skip every now and then, Instagram and Facebook would up, etc. But I still enjoyed using ICS for the last 2 weeks.

    Sent from my LG-P505 using Tapatalk
  13. #38  
    sicario666's Avatar
    AndroidSkull

    Posts
    3,377 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,600 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vitreous,JellyBelly,OEM

    Default Re: [ROM][ICS][4.0.4] Piccolo

    I don't have this device but the name caught my eye. My last name is Piccolo.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
    ***GET IN WHERE YOU FIT IN***
    Snitches get stitches
    Boneyard-D1,Dinc,dX,Gtab7",Tbolt,iPad1,Bionic,Xoom,iPad2,Charge,GNexus,SGS3,Razr Maxx,Nexus7...the list shall continue
    Living Dead-iPad3,GalaxyNexus,Razr MaxxHD
  14. #39  
    OneForth's Avatar

    Posts
    25 Posts
    ROM
    SlimGen1.6 | GB 2.3.7

    Default Re: [ROM][ICS][4.0.4] Piccolo

    Great rom! Cant wait for a new version, I did find this one a bit buggy.

    ~OneForth
  15. #40  
    rbross3030's Avatar

    Posts
    15 Posts
    ROM
    Arjen's Piccolo CM9 (ICS)

    Default Re: [ROM][ICS][4.0.4] Piccolo

    Quote Originally Posted by kushkingz View Post
    This rom was very nice but in the end was a bit to buggy for me. Like music would skip every now and then, Instagram and Facebook would up, etc. But I still enjoyed using ICS for the last 2 weeks.

    Sent from my LG-P505 using Tapatalk
    It seems as if this ROM is trying to keep too much in RAM, could be nothing in particular to this vs. any other ICS release--thrive is kinda a gimp compared to modern devices running ICS. I went into Developer Options and enable "Kill app back button." I think that lot of that stuff that pops up is running in the background and just needs to be killed. If my homescreen isn't scrolling smoothly I'll hold down the back button to kill the launcher. It will automatically relaunch after a couple seconds BUT if there are other processes running in the background they will be brought forward one at a time and I can selectively kill them one by one until I'm back at the launcher again and things will run far faster at that point. I understand that force killing apps is a topic of debate but I find it hard to argue against it in a case like this where killing everything makes the phone perform exceptionally smoother. One could also play with the Background process limit in developer options but I don't mess with it because I don't know what the default selected "standard limit" actually means and many background processes are normal & necessary anyways.

    Quote Originally Posted by OneForth View Post
    Great rom! Cant wait for a new version, I did find this one a bit buggy.

    ~OneForth
    So far tethering is the only major problem I've noticed. Native tethering crashes the phone after using it once and third party tethering apps don't seem to work at all, pretty bummed about that actually because AT&T throttles the hell out of my tethered connection if I don't use a proxy, an option only available with FoxFi addon.

    I've also noticed that sometimes apps running unknowingly in the background can hog priority of the volume control--so that even when you are at the home screen the volume rockers will change the media volume instead of the ringer volume...

    What bugs did you find OneForth?

    EDIT: I've flashed AOKP for p500 followed by flashing joban's kernel followed by flashing arjen's 6/19 ICS kernel and am still encountering the same exact tethering bug in a different rom which leads me to believe that it is more like the kernel causing the problem... see here.
    Last edited by rbross3030; 09-19-2012 at 03:36 PM.
  16. #41  

    Default Re: [ROM][ICS][4.0.4] Piccolo

    Arjen owesome rom i 've using this for about a week i feel like really i have new phone just want to thank you arjen for this great work you have been doing here...
    Rom is very stable everything seem to working perfectly but some reason i can,t get to work all animation ? i don,t know if this release has working animation
    Last edited by amir2418; 10-31-2012 at 11:51 AM.
  17. #42  

    Default Re: [ROM][ICS][4.0.4] Piccolo

    I'm stuck with the battery screen... after I flashed the rom it booted correctly
    Once I turn it off to put the sim in, whenever I try to turn it on a huge battery icon will be display on a black background
    Could anyone help me get the phone working again?

    Thanks
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

B