[ROM][JB][WIP] CyanogenMod 10 for LG-P505/506

failed1234

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
I tried the new recovery. It boots fine for me. Couple things tho:
- Screen is really dim
- The overall size of everything, which was mentioned already. Because of this you still need to use the volume keys to navigate thru the choices :(

Haven't tried anything else other than browsing thru the menu options. You're making progress tho. And I do like this approach better than the other touch recovery I use. ;) :cool:

Did you wipe everything before you flashed it?

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Android Central Forums

bill.weckel

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
Did you wipe everything before you flashed it?

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Android Central Forums

No. Flashing a recovery is slightly different from flashing a ROM. No wipes required. Just a recovery reboot.

Boot into your CWM.
Choose 'Install from zip"
Choose 'Browse for zip", then select zip to flash, confirm selection
Once done flashing go back to CWM main menu.
Choose 'Advanced'
Choose 'Reboot Recovery' and you're done

failed1234

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
No. Flashing a recovery is slightly different from flashing a ROM. No wipes required. Just a recovery reboot.

Boot into your CWM.
Choose 'Install from zip"
Choose 'Browse for zip", then select zip to flash, confirm selection
Once done flashing go back to CWM main menu.
Choose 'Advanced'
Choose 'Reboot Recovery' and you're done

I'll try it again.

Edit: And it doesn't work. Again. I hate my phone.

Sent from my LG-p505 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

renauldo86

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I'll try it again.

This is what I did when I flashed a bad recovery. The recovery you flashed works you just cant see anything; well I hope its just this

1. If you don't have it, you need Rom Manager premium.
2. You need the working recovery you want to flash.
3. Flash the recovery through Rom Manager (its gonna prompt you to boot into recovery to finish flashing, just accept)
4. Phone is gonna boot into recovery and do its job, you just wont be able to see it. Just let the phone do its thing (don't press anything) and it will reboot itself automatically.
5. Boot back into recovery and check out your recovery.

That's what I did when I flashed a bad recovery. Right now I am using amonra. It has the color issues but I can see everything and it works perfect. Just temp until the new 505 recovery is done. Hope this helps anyone in need.

Sent from my LG-P505 using Android Central Forums

bill.weckel

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
I'll try it again.

Don't hate your phone. It's not it's fault. Blame AT&T for giving up on it. ;)

There is one other way to flash a recovery and that is with fastboot. Fastboot is a utility program that comes with the Android SDK. If you have it I will explain in detail if you'd like.

failed1234

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Eh, I don't need the touch recovery. Oh, and Rashed, JB works now. Google now, too. Maps just keeps fc'ing.

Sent from my LG-P506 using Android Central Forums

renauldo86

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Eh, I don't need the touch recovery. Oh, and Rashed, JB works now. Google now, too. Maps just keeps fc'ing.

Good. Is the phoenix version that stable? I haven't tried it yet, but I'm anxious to.

TheLockness

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone tried video playback because I have amd y phone reboots every time I try to watch a video.

Sent from my LG-P506 using Tapatalk 2

failed1234

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Good. Is the phoenix version that stable? I haven't tried it yet, but I'm anxious to.

Yep, it's pretty good. Actually, just use fix permissions in ROM Manager to stop fc'ing.

Oathkeeper1212

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Yeah it's pretty stable, i'm using it currently ;) I won't be able to build as consistently because i have just started school and i really need to concentrate because i'm facing graduating late if i don't pass everything this year. I will build when i have the time though. :)

failed1234

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Yeah it's pretty stable, i'm using it currently ;) I won't be able to build as consistently because i have just started school and i really need to concentrate because i'm facing graduating late if i don't pass everything this year. I will build when i have the time though. :)

Just started? I'm still enjoying the beach right now. How old are you?

gabo_lope

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
Well, this build is certainly an improvement, is more responsive and fast
Besides from that the bug that happens with my phone, the one that involves the touchscreen, i can say that is better, the problem is there, but at least now I can long press the items in the homescreen, but still does not recognize some of my touches...

Also the rom isn't mounting my ext2 partition so i can't use link2sd, but you can move apps normally

bill.weckel

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site

Also the rom isn't mounting my ext2 partition so i can't use link2sd, but you can move apps normally

I had that problem too. I think it's cause JB only recognizing ext-3 partitions. I had an ext-4 partition that JB wouldn't mount. I repartitioned my sdcard using the new Thrive recovery whose only option is ext-3, and Link2SD let me create a mount script for it. :D Workin fine now.

Rashed1997

Android Developer
Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
*cries....* NOOO No fixed camera... yet
Anyway for the P506 the link should be the same, but if you don't have it, here it is again:
Download P506:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/56064156/CM10/P506/cm-10-20120801-UNOFFICIAL-p506.zip

And for the P505, it will be up tomorrow
Download P505:

And here is my first for the P500:
Download P500:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/56064156/CM10/P500/cm-10-20120802-UNOFFICIAL-p500.zip

And a CWM for the Phoenix and Thrive. NOT Touch and it should fix everything. Will fix brightness tomorrow
Download CWM:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/56064156/CM10/GenericCWM.zip

Last edited:

failed1234

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Oh, an for future reference: do we need to flash the baseband fix every time we update, or just once?

Sent from my LG-P506 (Not really) using Android Central Forums

TheLockness

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Oh, an for future reference: do we need to flash the baseband fix every time we update, or just once?

Sent from my LG-P506 (Not really) using Android Central Forums

When I needed to flash the old baseband fix, I think it was almost every time. If I were you I would do it every time because it doesn't hurt and it takes like two seconds to do it.

Sent from my LG-P506 using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781