[ROM][JB][WIP] CyanogenMod 10 for LG-P505/506

failed1234

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
When I needed to flash the old baseband fix, I think it was almost every time. If I were you I would do it every time because it doesn't hurt and it takes like two seconds to do it.

Sent from my LG-P506 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks.

Sent from my LG-P506 (Not really) using Android Central Forums

korrectmethod

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
The 8/1 battery life has been great for me. I can't wait for voice to work with Google now. Any chance of getting smoother animations?

Sent from my LG-P506 using Android Central Forums

Rashed1997

Android Developer
Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
The 8/1 battery life has been great for me. I can't wait for voice to work with Google now. Any chance of getting smoother animations?

Sent from my LG-P506 using Android Central Forums

Next releases battery life will be even better :D I've got people at XDA who are working on a battery patch and it's great so far :D

As for Google Now voice, I have to rewrite the boot loader to resize the system partition. The issue is that the partition is only 190MB so after you install the ROM and you try using Google Apps, it runs out of space. Of course it wont tell you this, but if you open the Terminal Emulator and run "df" it will show that you have 4KB left on system. So what happens is it goes folder folder. It can't even finish the /system/app folder so it never even gets to /system/lib which contains all the Google Now voice libraries. And the Chrome ones too I assume. SO I have to rewrite the boot loader to change the partition size.

About the animations: Qualcomm released the Adreno Libs for JB ARMv7 devices yesterday. I highly doubt they will release them for ARMv6 as they dropped support for that. So I've gotta port the new Adreno Libs to ARMv6. WIll hopefully have some progress by the next build ;)

failed1234

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Next releases battery life will be even better :D I've got people at XDA who are working on a battery patch and it's great so far :D

As for Google Now voice, I have to rewrite the boot loader to resize the system partition. The issue is that the partition is only 190MB so after you install the ROM and you try using Google Apps, it runs out of space. Of course it wont tell you this, but if you open the Terminal Emulator and run "df" it will show that you have 4KB left on system. So what happens is it goes folder folder. It can't even finish the /system/app folder so it never even gets to /system/lib which contains all the Google Now voice libraries. And the Chrome ones too I assume. SO I have to rewrite the boot loader to change the partition size.

About the animations: Qualcomm released the Adreno Libs for JB ARMv7 devices yesterday. I highly doubt they will release them for ARMv6 as they dropped support for that. So I've gotta port the new Adreno Libs to ARMv6. WIll hopefully have some progress by the next build ;)

Are you going to be able to make Google Now a little smoother? There seem to be a lot of issues in scrolling and notifications for me.

Rashed1997

Android Developer
Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Are you going to be able to make Google Now a little smoother? There seem to be a lot of issues in scrolling and notifications for me.

Adreno Libs my friend...
The notification bar blur is from the same thing
All graphics related stuff is the Adreno Libs not optimized for Jelly Bean :p

failed1234

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Aaaanndd now the Play Story force closes. Every time I try to install something it force closes.

Edit: NVM. Just uninstalled updates and it worked.

Last edited:

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site

I wonder if the libs can be butchered to support the openmax stuff we need ... did they release it for the arm7 also?

AdictoDigital

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
Of course I have it ;)
Here you go!

android.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer