Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #51  

Quote Originally Posted by donavan View Post
    Actaully after installing (as per directions) my battery life was terrible a few hours at best but it has gotten better after a few charges. Bluetooth seems to be he biggest eater of power on mine as long as I keep this off it does well enough to be usable. I really think there is something with the p500 kernels that they have fixed that Arjen never got a chance to. I did wipe the cache so maybe it takes a while to rebuild it or something.
    It could be the rom also I suspect. I'm on the 9/2 cm7 p500 nightly now.

Sent from my LG-P506 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Arjen's Piccolo CM9 (ICS)

Default Re: [HOW TO]Perfect working CM7

Quote Originally Posted by korrectmethod View Post
    It could be the rom also I suspect. I'm on the 9/2 cm7 p500 nightly now.

To correct myself, I didn't follow your instructions exactly as I didn't use a nightly, so perhaps that's why I was having battery issues? I calibrated and charged several cycles and it didn't get any better. I installed a "stable" release of CM7 hoping that I would get USB mass storage that way but it was to no avail, personally a deal-breaker for this setup unfortunately.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #53  

Has anybody else tried the 6/14 kernel instead of the 6/19 after flashing the unnamed kernel? One person has said it helped his battery life, but when I tried the 6/14 kernel as he suggested I had no wifi whatsoever. He also said he didn't even have to flash unnamed kernel before the ICS kernel, but I believe that would be a world first if everything worked for him that way.

I flashed the 6/19 battery and my phone last two days with my normal use which is mostly texting and occasional quick phone call. I do keep my data turned off and screen at lowest dim.

ROM
    Stock 2.3.4 rooted

After clearing the battery cache and about three charges (some full some short), I am doing a test on the battery to see how long it lasts, so far I am at 33.5 hours with minimal to moderate usage, Wifi on, Bluetooth off, GPS off and if my little graph is working I still have about 1/3 to 1/2 battery to go. I will update the thread when it yells that it needs a charge.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #56  

Quote Originally Posted by donavan View Post
    After clearing the battery cache and about three charges (some full some short), I am doing a test on the battery to see how long it lasts, so far I am at 33.5 hours with minimal to moderate usage, Wifi on, Bluetooth off, GPS off and if my little graph is working I still have about 1/3 to 1/2 battery to go. I will update the thread when it yells that it needs a charge.
    That isn't bad at all. My roommate's stock droid x with gb gets way worse battery life than my cm7. He has to charge every night, and sometimes charges during the day to when hes not busy to ensure it will last. He doesn't use wifi, or gps, but he uses 3g 24/7. I think people are just dreaming of a battery life like the nokia 3310 had, hoping for 4+ days without a charge without realizing we already have it better than most smart phones.

ROM
    Stock 2.3.4 rooted

OK here is the final number

41 hours 23mins 8s with 15% battery left.

This was again with

Wifi / 3G on
    Bluetooth off
    GPS off
    screen normal
    sounds normal
    vibrate on

made a few calls and played a game for at least 2 hours

I have been looking for the past 2 hours... can someone link the OLD BB fix for the thrive?? i feel dumb as its probably right under my nose huh
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #59  

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeS View Post
    I have been looking for the past 2 hours... can someone link the OLD BB fix for the thrive?? i feel dumb as its probably right under my nose huh
    Indeed it is right under your nose. Post 6, on the first page of this thread. it is scattered other places as well.
    Thanked by:
    ClydeS 

hahaha thanks so much.. btw it runs flawless!

ROM
    SlimGen1.3 | Joban .32

This method work great for me! Thanks for sharing! And for people who want to know, I'm on the old baseband and am using slimgen 1.6.0. And its working amazing

Sent from my LG-P505 using Tapatalk

ROM
    SlimGen1.6 | GB 2.3.7

This worked great for me! Thanks for sharing it!
    I have a LG Phoenix P505 and am on old baseband and had to use a old baseband fix to get my cell signal to work.

~OneForth

ROM
    Stock 2.3.4 rooted

I have been using this ROM for a while now and I must say I am impressed with it, aside from the fact that bluetooth sucks the life out of the battery IMHO its the best ROM out there.

ROM
    SlimGen1.6 | GB 2.3.7

Yea I got say, why I left data on, my battery draine like nothing, but I still loved the rom, cant wait for it to get better

Sent from my LG Phoenix P505 using Tapatalk
    Device(s): LG P505 || S.G.S I9000M
    Rom(s): CM10 || Helly Bean for I9000
    Kernel(s): Stock CM || Devil Kernel 1.6.1
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #65  

Are you both talking about the nightly in the first post or the newest nightly. I didn't create anything new and the battery life depends on kernels to, Battery should be about the same across all cm7 ROMs using my method. At least that's my experience.

Last edited by korrectmethod; 09-18-2012 at 10:37 PM.

Thank you, thank you, and thank you!! I came across about upgrading to Gingerbread by a youtube video ( ) and did it step by step like the video, knowing I was taking a chance on doing something that had been done back in December of 2011 (because you know, something that worked then, may not work now). And of course, I was right, got plagued by the stuck LG screen and the blackout screen, and no service. Then, with some googling... I found this. Haha. But thank you for this very helpful (and RECENT) post. I now have a working and updated LG Thrive. Very grateful
    rbross3030 likes this.

ROM
    Stock 2.3.4 rooted

Quote Originally Posted by korrectmethod View Post
    Are you both talking about the nightly in the first post or the newest nightly. I didn't create anything new and the battery life depends on kernels to, Battery should be about the same across all cm7 ROMs using my method. At least that's my experience.

I can't speak for anyone else but I am using the following after going through the steps outlined.

Baseband LGP505AT-00-v20f-open-com-dec-22-2011+0
    Kernel 2.6.35.10-perf+cm9 Arjen@lappy #1
    Mod Version Cyanogenmod-7-20120819-NIGHTLY-p500
    Build number GingerBread

I can't speak for anyone else but I know I am getting almost 2 days on a charge as long as I don't use bluetooth. The second I kick that on my battery is dead in a few hours. Aside from that I can leave data and wifi on just about all the time with no issues.

ROM
    Arjen's Piccolo CM9 (ICS)

So I'm not positive yet but it looks as though I may need to revert back to gb in order to get the full wi-fi tethering functionality that I need for work. Can anyone running this setup do me a huge favor and see if native tethering can be toggled on and off more than once without crashing the phone? I'm wondering if the issue I'm having is a bug in arjen's kernels or not. For greater clarification on what I'm talking about see my post here.

ROM
    SlimGen1.6 | GB 2.3.7

So why exactly does the USB Mass Storage not work after doing this method?

~OneForth
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #70  

until there in a new kernel we wont have usb mass storage on gb. don't forget to grab the newest cm7 nightly.

i may look into fixing up a kernel though with everything working. my code knowledge is limited as is my spare time, but ill start looking into it.

i recommend airdroid for wireless file transfers until i can get usb mass storage working.
    Last edited by korrectmethod; 09-20-2012 at 10:52 AM.

I'm looking for a recommendation whether I should update my phone using this method. I've listed what I've got now below and I have USB mass storage, which is important to me. Can I update some parts and still keep the USB mass storage? Thanks for all the help!

LG Thrive p506
    Android Version 2.3.7
    Baseband Version V07u-000-000-MAR-23-2009
    Kernel Version 2.6.32.9 Joban #8
    Mod Version CyanogenMod-7.2.0-RC0-Thunderg-KANG
    Build Number GRJ90
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #72  

I don't know of any way to get USB mass storage working, besides using an old-bb rom with just joban kernel like you're doing, or use an ics rom like Arjen's piccolo. But if you want something new this will let u install any p500 rom.

Sent from my LG-p506 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

ROM
    SlimGen1.6 | GB 2.3.7

If you want a ROM without the black screen bug then no USB mass storage is a down side u gotta deal with. I did.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

I have a LGP505 which was on Rashed's JB, working perfectly (apart from the known bugs) and I'm trying to move to CM7 nightly. However, I'm unable to get service even after using Old baseband fix. Any hints to what's happening?

I have again installed Rashed's JB and it's working fine.

ROM
    stock 2.3.4 rooted

others have had issues with the new cm7. not sure if its been fixed or figured out, but the assumption is something has changed.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast