[how to]cm7 + cm9 + cm10

kushkingz

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: [HOW TO]Perfect working CM7

This method work great for me! Thanks for sharing! And for people who want to know, I'm on the old baseband and am using slimgen 1.6.0. And its working amazing

Sent from my LG-P505 using Tapatalk

OneForth

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site

This worked great for me! Thanks for sharing it!
I have a LG Phoenix P505 and am on old baseband and had to use a old baseband fix to get my cell signal to work.

~OneForth

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site

I have been using this ROM for a while now and I must say I am impressed with it, aside from the fact that bluetooth sucks the life out of the battery IMHO its the best ROM out there.

OneForth

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site

Yea I got say, why I left data on, my battery draine like nothing, but I still loved the rom, cant wait for it to get better :)

Sent from my LG Phoenix P505 using Tapatalk

korrectmethod

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site

Are you both talking about the nightly in the first post or the newest nightly. I didn't create anything new and the battery life depends on kernels to, Battery should be about the same across all cm7 ROMs using my method. At least that's my experience.

Sent from my LG-P506 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

mel0dee

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site

Thank you, thank you, and thank you!! I came across about upgrading to Gingerbread by a youtube video (Install Android 2.3.7 (Gingerbread) on LG Phoenix (P505) and LG Thrive - YouTube) and did it step by step like the video, knowing I was taking a chance on doing something that had been done back in December of 2011 (because you know, something that worked then, may not work now). And of course, I was right, got plagued by the stuck LG screen and the blackout screen, and no service. Then, with some googling... I found this. Haha. But thank you for this very helpful (and RECENT) post. I now have a working and updated LG Thrive. Very grateful :)

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site

Are you both talking about the nightly in the first post or the newest nightly. I didn't create anything new and the battery life depends on kernels to, Battery should be about the same across all cm7 ROMs using my method. At least that's my experience.

Sent from my LG-P506 using Android Central Forums

I can't speak for anyone else but I am using the following after going through the steps outlined.

Baseband LGP505AT-00-v20f-open-com-dec-22-2011+0
Kernel 2.6.35.10-perf+cm9 Arjen@lappy #1
Mod Version Cyanogenmod-7-20120819-NIGHTLY-p500
Build number GingerBread

I can't speak for anyone else but I know I am getting almost 2 days on a charge as long as I don't use bluetooth. The second I kick that on my battery is dead in a few hours. Aside from that I can leave data and wifi on just about all the time with no issues.

rbross3030

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site

So I'm not positive yet but it looks as though I may need to revert back to gb in order to get the full wi-fi tethering functionality that I need for work. Can anyone running this setup do me a huge favor and see if native tethering can be toggled on and off more than once without crashing the phone? I'm wondering if the issue I'm having is a bug in arjen's kernels or not. For greater clarification on what I'm talking about see my post here.

korrectmethod

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site

until there in a new kernel we wont have usb mass storage on gb. don't forget to grab the newest cm7 nightly.
http://get.cm/get/3TN

i may look into fixing up a kernel though with everything working. my code knowledge is limited as is my spare time, but ill start looking into it.

i recommend airdroid for wireless file transfers until i can get usb mass storage working.

Last edited:

lopazopy

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

I'm looking for a recommendation whether I should update my phone using this method. I've listed what I've got now below and I have USB mass storage, which is important to me. Can I update some parts and still keep the USB mass storage? Thanks for all the help!

LG Thrive p506
Android Version 2.3.7
Baseband Version V07u-000-000-MAR-23-2009
Kernel Version 2.6.32.9 Joban #8
Mod Version CyanogenMod-7.2.0-RC0-Thunderg-KANG
Build Number GRJ90

korrectmethod

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site

I don't know of any way to get USB mass storage working, besides using an old-bb rom with just joban kernel like you're doing, or use an ics rom like Arjen's piccolo. But if you want something new this will let u install any p500 rom.

Sent from my LG-p506 using Android Central Forums

OneForth

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site

If you want a ROM without the black screen bug then no USB mass storage is a down side u gotta deal with. I did.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

armon300

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site

I have a LGP505 which was on Rashed's JB, working perfectly (apart from the known bugs) and I'm trying to move to CM7 nightly. However, I'm unable to get service even after using Old baseband fix. Any hints to what's happening?

I have again installed Rashed's JB and it's working fine.

LifesGoodPhoenix

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site

others have had issues with the new cm7. not sure if its been fixed or figured out, but the assumption is something has changed.

korrectmethod

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site

Yes the p500 nightlies no longer work for p505 or p506. P505 doesn't get signal and P506 gets worse graphics glitch than the old color banding problem. The only solution is to find exactly which date it stopped working and use the build before that, or just use the stable 7.2.0 version that was released months ago. http://get.cm/get/2Kz

korrectmethod

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site

I think this needs a bump for people still trying the old mmatt and kang roms.

Updated first post to have simple cm9 installation instructions and links.

RodLightning

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site

I think this needs a bump for people still trying the old mmatt and kang roms.

Updated first post to have simple cm9 installation instructions and links.

Thanks for updating! I'm currently running Gingerbread installed with instructions from this thread on my Phoenix P505. I tried ICS successfully but it felt a bit slow when compared to GB and I missed the FM radio support. My current preference is to run the stable 'cm-7.2.0-p500.zip' as per the instructions, although I may change it again later! ;)

I'm not clear what 'lgp505icskernel-19062012.zip' does beyond using Joban's 2.08?

Last edited: