Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 83
Like Tree5Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default [how to]cm7 + cm9 + cm10

    CM7

    USB mass storage doesn't work. Use airdroid or something similar.

    1.) Download cm7 ROM. I recommend the 7.2.0 stable version. http://get.cm/get/2Kz

    2.)Download 'he who shall not be named's old kernel here.
    Joban-2.08-Kernel.zip

    3.)Download Arjen's 6/19 P505 ICS Kernel.
    lgp505icskernel-19062012.zip

    4.)Wipe everything of course. (data,cache,dalvik,system)

    5.)Install rom

    6.)Flash the first kernel I posted made by 'he who shall not be named'.

    7.)Flash Arjens 6/19 p505 kernel.

    8.)Reboot, enjoy cm7.

    old baseband fix here for thrive users and 505 users that didn't do OTA update.OldBBFix_signed.zip

    ICS

    Everything works (including HD youtube, and USB mass storage, and WIFI tethering), except maybe radio. For working radio, try this CYBERICS rom Hardlight.github.com by HardLight

    1.) Download ICS rom here. 9.2.1 plus

    2.) Download djnoxd's beta4 kernel here : [KERNEL][3.0.8 / 3.0.68][Beta] LG Optimus One Family (by androidarmv6) - xda-developers

    3.) Flash rom, then flash kernel, then reboot.

    4.) Might have to flash OBBFIX if you have no network signal. OldBBFix_signed.zip

    JB

    1.) Download latest cm10 build by rashed here android [Jenkins]

    2.) Download ROM trimming tool by shinobisoft (bill.weckle) [ TOOL ][ WINDOWS ][ BETA ] OOne ROM Editor - xda-developers

    At the very least, have the program install english only latinIME (under build options), otherwise there will not be enough storage for google apps and I promise you the phone will not work correctly.

    3.) Flash Gapps for JB after flashing the trimmed rom. gapps-jb-4.2.1-light-20130107-signed.zip

    Note that Google Now does not work properly for our device. Its an ARMV7 feature only, and will likely never work for our old ARMV6 phones.
    Thanked by 15:
    + Show/Hide list of the thanked
  2. #2  
    bill.weckel's Avatar

    Posts
    172 Posts
    ROM
    JB 4.2.2

    Default

    Complete device reboot is not required. Rebooting is required but it's much easier to reboot the recovery.

    CWM Home->Advanced>Reboot Recovery


    Sent from my LG-P506 using Android Central Forums
    Device: LG Optimus T P509
    Rom: JB 4.1.2
    Kernel: CM10 ( built-in )

    My Tools for Android

    Android Flash Recovery -
    A Windows GUI front-end for fastboot to simplify flashing Android recovery partitions.
    OOne ROM Editor -
    A Windows utility for trimming ICS and JB ROMs for the LG Optimus One Device Family
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bill.weckel View Post
    Complete device reboot is not required. Rebooting is required but it's much easier to reboot the recovery.

    CWM Home->Advanced>Reboot Recovery


    Sent from my LG-P506 using Android Central Forums
    Yep, or you can skip rebooting and flash all 3 in correct order at once.

    Sent from my LG-P500 using Android Central Forums
  4. #4  

    Default Re: [HOW TO]Perfect working CM7

    does anyone has a backup of p506 v11e w/o customizations? (:
  5. #5  
  6. #6  

    Default Re: [HOW TO]Perfect working CM7

    I just had to say thanks! been using my thrive for almost a year with this stupid blackscreen bug, perfect fix!!

    You should have a link in your post to a obb fix.. took me a while to find it.. anyways, for everyone else in need OldBBFix_signed.zip
  7. #7  

    Default Re: [HOW TO]Perfect working CM7

    Quote Originally Posted by Deathglobe View Post
    apn doesnt work for me in that rom o:... i mean stock v11e 8)
  8. #8  
    temwt2's Avatar

    Posts
    59 Posts
    ROM
    stock for now

    Default Re: [HOW TO]Perfect working CM7

    Hey all, just wondering if someone could comment on battery life using CM7. I'm really interested in a comparison between battery life using CM9 nightly's with Arjen's kernel and this working CM7.

    I have been running CM9 with Arjen's kernel now for almost 3 months. It seems to work great although I realize there are some camera/video issue and the bug with watching youtube videos. Right now I can keep GPS on all day and wifi on while I'm at home without having to charge more than at night while sleeping. That being said, my phone usage is pretty light (Checking email throughout the day, sending a dozen or so text messages, and maybe 2 or 3 phone calls less than 15 minutes).

    All that being said, how is battery life with working cm7?
  9. #9  

    Default Re: [HOW TO]Perfect working CM7

    Quote Originally Posted by araizaster View Post
    apn doesnt work for me in that rom o:... i mean stock v11e 8)
    Hmm are you trying to use something else other then AT&T network? I have used that stock multiply times and everything has always worked
  10. #10  

    Default Re: [HOW TO]Perfect working CM7

    Quote Originally Posted by temwt2 View Post
    Hey all, just wondering if someone could comment on battery life using CM7. I'm really interested in a comparison between battery life using CM9 nightly's with Arjen's kernel and this working CM7.

    I have been running CM9 with Arjen's kernel now for almost 3 months. It seems to work great although I realize there are some camera/video issue and the bug with watching youtube videos. Right now I can keep GPS on all day and wifi on while I'm at home without having to charge more than at night while sleeping. That being said, my phone usage is pretty light (Checking email throughout the day, sending a dozen or so text messages, and maybe 2 or 3 phone calls less than 15 minutes).

    All that being said, how is battery life with working cm7?
    Well at this moment i have 14hrs on the battery and its 93%. But I keep in mind I turn data off unless someone sends me a pic. I dont use wifi that much at all my gps stays off and my brightness is lowest
  11. #11  

    Default Re: [HOW TO]Perfect working CM7

    Quote Originally Posted by Deathglobe View Post
    Hmm are you trying to use something else other then AT&T network? I have used that stock multiply times and everything has always worked
    i think is a problem with the gsm networks available in that rom... i have found the v11h .dz that lg released like 2 months ago, and i'm cooking for me a rom and see if that works maybe the FOTA release was only for ATT&T and not for other networks o:
  12. #12  

    Default Re: [HOW TO]Perfect working CM7

    crap, i take back perfect..... my screen doesnt rotate. accelerometer does not work at all..

    does it work for you with nightly cm7??
  13. #13  
    bluntman_420's Avatar

    Posts
    116 Posts
    ROM
    SkyIceCreamSandwich/Faux

    Default Re: [HOW TO]Perfect working CM7

    CM7 working perfect here! Not one issue, finally!

    CM9 also has problems with tethering. Native tethering works but the phone reboots when shut off. I am tethering to the phoenix with my skyrocket on cm9 and native tethering is a must.
    On ICS, adhoc isn't supported so native tethering is real important to me and now it works great.
  14. #14  
    temwt2's Avatar

    Posts
    59 Posts
    ROM
    stock for now

    Default Re: [HOW TO]Perfect working CM7

    Has anyone tested out the GPS in apps like Google Maps or Navigation or Tracks? I've had my p505 is several different states in all kinds of weather conditions and it seems like the GPS function in CM9 really sucks. It almost never finds my location. If it does, it seems to take several minutes to do so.

    Does GPS work well in CM7?
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

    Default Re: [HOW TO]Perfect working CM7

    Quote Originally Posted by temwt2 View Post
    Has anyone tested out the GPS in apps like Google Maps or Navigation or Tracks? I've had my p505 is several different states in all kinds of weather conditions and it seems like the GPS function in CM9 really sucks. It almost never finds my location. If it does, it seems to take several minutes to do so.

    Does GPS work well in CM7?
    Takes me somtimes 2-3 minutes to get gps lock. I also use the app fasterfix.

    I'm glad you are all enjoying as much as I am.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

    Default Re: [HOW TO]Perfect working CM7

    Quote Originally Posted by yarcz View Post
    crap, i take back perfect..... my screen doesnt rotate. accelerometer does not work at all..

    does it work for you with nightly cm7??
    works perfect here. maybe reflash?
  17. #17  
    TheLockness's Avatar

    Posts
    65 Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4 CM9 by _Arjen_

    Default

    Can someone send me a link to the latest gb gapps?

    Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk 2
  18. #18  
    AdictoDigital's Avatar

    Posts
    51 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Lightbulb Re: [HOW TO]Perfect working CM7

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLockness View Post
    Can someone send me a link to the latest gb gapps?

    Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk 2
    Goo.im Downloads - Browsing gapps
    LG Phoenix (P505) | Android 2.3.4 | Kernel 2.6.35.7 | LG-P505-V20F | ROOTed
    LG Thrive (P506) | Android 2.2.1 | Kernel 2.6.32.9 | LG-P506-V11E | ROOTed
  19. #19  

    Default Re: [HOW TO]Perfect working CM7

    its been a while since i rooted a phone, i have a LG phoenix and was trying to install this mod but i lost my root it was gingerbreak, do i still need to root b4 installing the mod? and what should i use to root?
  20. #20  
    AdictoDigital's Avatar

    Posts
    51 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Lightbulb Re: [HOW TO]Perfect working CM7

    Quote Originally Posted by JayNWK View Post
    its been a while since i rooted a phone, i have a LG phoenix and was trying to install this mod but i lost my root it was gingerbreak, do i still need to root b4 installing the mod? and what should i use to root?
    AFAK, you don't need root to flash a ROM!!!
    LG Phoenix (P505) | Android 2.3.4 | Kernel 2.6.35.7 | LG-P505-V20F | ROOTed
    LG Thrive (P506) | Android 2.2.1 | Kernel 2.6.32.9 | LG-P506-V11E | ROOTed
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JayNWK View Post
    its been a while since i rooted a phone, i have a LG phoenix and was trying to install this mod but i lost my root it was gingerbreak, do i still need to root b4 installing the mod? and what should i use to root?
    Root the phone and install the app "rom manager". Flash recovery for optimus one old bb if you are on 2.2. If you are on 2.3 flash new bb. Then u can boot into recovery and flash the zip file. There are plenty of guides online already. Use google .

    Sent from my LG-p506 using Android Central Forums
  22. #22  

    Default Re: [HOW TO]Perfect working CM7

    I can't seem boot into recovery when I flash new bb on my p505 2.3 but when I flash old bb I can boot into recovery no problem. Will this cause me grief later?
  23. #23  
    LifesGoodPhoenix's Avatar

    Posts
    376 Posts
    ROM
    stock 2.3.4 rooted

    Default Re: [HOW TO]Perfect working CM7

    No
    You needed to flash OBB regardless for this phone.
    Only other option is the recoveries built for this phone.
    HAPPY MODING.
  24. #24  

    Default Re: [HOW TO]Perfect working CM7

    Thought so thanks. Are there no bugs for this build?
  25. #25  

    Default Re: [HOW TO]Perfect working CM7

    Sorry for the excessive questions I'm simply apprehensive... Is there any way to retrieve my settings and apps from my backup and apply them to my new flashed rom?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions